Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    9.2 - Lich Anduin is born! We fight Sylvanas in raid... until 5%... then she turns around and decides she's been trying to help us this whole time #5DChess

9.2.5 - We have to find Arthas as for some contrived reason he's the only one who can help Anduin

9.3 - We beat Jailer with Anduin and Arthas' help and Arthas becomes the new jailer.

Then probably -

Sylvanas goes back to Orgimmar as a hero who helped save everyone and the Alliance tells her "If you fail to uphold honor, we will end you!" YES! #AllianceFistPumpMoment!

9.3.5 Some quest about Anduin teaching Tyrande how to learn forgiveness to be a real leader
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    How could you cut off your heart and still "not be dead"?

Arthas was dead when he turned into Death Knight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Frostmourne flayed his soul and he later ripped his dead frozen heart out.

Arthas was very very dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    He ripped his heart out at one point. Living creatures can't really do that can they. But then the heart kept pulsing?
    Who the hell knows. I mean technically Bolvar is alive as well as a lump of coal. I know nothing anymore.
    Anduin doesn't look "fixable" on that picture with a bit of smacking. And honestly that would be lame.
    Thanks. I wasn't remembering the heart thing. I thought he was undead but I just wanted to confirm with you guys. I guess I'm finding it hard to wrap my head around an assumedly permanently undead Anduin ... How do we return to the status quo of Anduin leading the humans as king of Stormwind? I guess they gotta do it right? I don't see them shutting down his role as king so fast, but maybe they're laying the groundwork for the end of the Wrynn royalty and the start of Turalyon's rule? With Genn and Mathias possibly contesting? I don't know. Anduin had basically been the plot protagonist so far, it's hard to imagine them removing him from his ruler arc that they had been so invested in until now.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Can't wait for 9.3 when Anduin returns to Stormwind and Turalyon sees him. Gonna be SoO but Stormwind.
    Well we do know that Anduin will still be alive and the king of the alliance when he gets much older

I doubt that Anduin will die or that anything will happen to him longterm. Pretty sure once Shadowlands is done, he'll return to SW and be normal again.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Well we do know that Anduin will still be alive and the king of the alliance when he gets much older

I doubt that Anduin will die or that anything will happen to him longterm. Pretty sure once Shadowlands is done, he'll return to SW and be normal again.
    I agree, I think we end up killing Turalyon.

Turalyon "Anduin is just an undead fiend now, must be purged"

Overzealous light.

by "leaked" do we mean "released on their website ahead of their convention this weekend to drum up some hype?"

Overzealous light.
    If he can accept Alleria despite her becoming the complete opposite of his ideals then I think he will be fine with Anduin.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Overzealous light.
    Probably not gonna happen either, especially since Turalyon is fine with his wife pretty much using the opposite kind of force of the light lol.

Turalyon probably won't play any role in all of this. I can only see him become relevant to the plot if we get an expansion that deals with the void, light...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    by "leaked" do we mean "released on their website ahead of their convention this weekend to drum up some hype?"
    Well the link is broken now, but the info was an official press release, so not leaked, but probably released by mistake. It looks like their press site has some bug with dates (displaying the year 2563 lol... tho it is their indonesian site so dunno what calendar they have), so this might relate somehow and I'd guess it was released due to this bug (this type of bug is quite common). I doubt they've leaked this intentionally so close to Blizzconline. If anything this has almost completely killed any hype for the show.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-02-18 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    9.2 - Lich Anduin is born! We fight Sylvanas in raid... until 5%... then she turns around and decides she's been trying to help us this whole time #5DChess

9.2.5 - We have to find Arthas as for some contrived reason he's the only one who can help Anduin

9.3 - We beat Jailer with Anduin and Arthas' help and Arthas becomes the new jailer.

Then probably -

Sylvanas goes back to Orgimmar as a hero who helped save everyone and the Alliance tells her "If you fail to uphold honor, we will end you!" YES! #AllianceFistPumpMoment!

9.3.5 Some quest about Anduin teaching Tyrande how to learn forgiveness to be a real leader
    Ehhh, I think there's gonna be more than that.

9.2: The Jailer tries to transverse through the Inbetween, and the heroes try to stop that, as well as go to the Planes of Life in order to find a life essence to bring Anduin back from his corruption.

9.3: The Jailer attacks Oribos in order to slay the Arbiter, Anduin is saved finally, something involving Arthas, Sylvanas dies going against the Jailer, Tyrande learns to let go a bit, and the Eternal Ones + Us + The Arbiter slay Zovaal.

9.3.5: The Jailer is dead, and we return to Azeroth, but tensions rise with Turalyon and the Light. We hear more about Lothraxion, Alleria's whispers start climaxing, and everything will lead into the Light and Shadow's plot in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Overzealous light.
    Like I said, we'll likely bring Anduin back with some life essence. But Turalyon's not going to give up the throne either way. Turalyon might be influenced by Lothraxion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    In a way?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, this is concept art of a part of the Broker mega-dungeon, so it's more likely that if it makes it ingame, Blizzard just uses it as one of those rare creatures the Brokers found while perhaps making a cheeky nod at an old creature that was once planned to become a raid boss in an Azjol Nerub raid.
    I thought it was a Kunchong; would make sense if the Brokers captured some of those.

If anything this has almost completely killed any hype for the show.
    Personally this has gotten me more hyped/excited. Knowing that 9.1 is mostly about the Maw, a stolen realm, and Broker shenanigans makes me can't wait for more info.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry but I read this completely in the wrong way.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ

Ehhh, I think there's gonna be more than that.

9.2: The Jailer tries to transverse through the Inbetween, and the heroes try to stop that, as well as go to the Planes of Life in order to find a life essence to bring Anduin back from his corruption.

9.3: The Jailer attacks Oribos in order to slay the Arbiter, Anduin is saved finally, something involving Arthas, Sylvanas dies going against the Jailer, Tyrande learns to let go a bit, and the Eternal Ones + Us + The Arbiter slay Zovaal.

9.3.5: The Jailer is dead, and we return to Azeroth, but tensions rise with Turalyon and the Light. We hear more about Lothraxion, Alleria's whispers start climaxing, and everything will lead into the Light and Shadow's plot in WoW.
    We could also end up with a similar situation we had in TBC and BFA where the "main" villain/event gets dealt with early on and then this results in another threat popping that played a background role first to become important. For example we could get rid of the Jailer soon, but then his disappearance causes the Maldraxxi bad guys, drust or whatever to gain an upper hand and we finish the expansion with fighting someone else. In TBC for example we defeated Illidan already in 2.1 and fought Kil'Jaden in 2.4

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Personally this has gotten me more hyped/excited. Knowing that 9.1 is mostly about the Maw, a stolen realm, and Broker shenanigans makes me can't wait for more info.
    Yeah OK, I admit that I am also more hyped now as I've expected 9.1 to be a more minor patch like 8.1 or 7.1.

Quote Originally Posted by pebrocks the warlock View Post
    personally this has gotten me more hyped/excited. Knowing that 9.1 is mostly about the maw, a stolen realm, and broker shenanigans makes me can't wait for more info.

- - - updated - - -

i'm sorry but i read this completely in the wrong way.
    I knew someone would read it wrong lmao

- - - Updated - - -

We could also end up with a similar situation we had in TBC and BFA where the "main" villain/event gets dealt with early on and then this results in another threat popping that played a background role first to become important. For example we could get rid of the Jailer soon, but then his disappearance causes the Maldraxxi bad guys, drust or whatever to gain an upper hand and we finish the expansion with fighting someone else. In TBC for example we defeated Illidan already in 2.1 and fought Kil'Jaden in 2.4

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah OK, I admit that I am also more hyped now as I've expected 9.1 to be a more minor patch like 8.1 or 7.1.
    Well...Kil'Jaeden was the main antagonist of TBC. The shit storytelling from Blizzard merely made it seem like Illidan was the last guy, when that was never the case. The Jailer's already been confirmed to be the main antagonist/final boss of Shadowlands by Ion.

Why would we deal with Maldraxxi guys, when we're getting all the Covenants together by this patch? We'll probably kill that evil Margrave in the questline. Forgot his name tho.

The Drust still need to be dealt with, yes. I do hope we get a Plane of Life patch. That way, we can find a way to save Anduin, defeat the drust, and stop Death's future/potential reign over Life once and for all.

Im calling it now, Sylvanas is going to do the old switcheroo. She wont be able to willingly enslave Anduin so she's going to have found Arthas in the maw and turned him into her weapon instead.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I thought it was a Kunchong; would make sense if the Brokers captured some of those.
    Well, Kunchong, Aqir Goliaths, Qiraji Colossi and these unadded Nerubians that are probably the Nerubian equivalent of all of the aforementioned creatures all share that same basic build.

But the silhouette (bar the head) really reminds me of that creature in particular.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. I just new player customization and the Maw raid to have some new gear (and not just the legendary armor) and 9.1 will be a pretty good patch, what with a 10-boss raid, mega dungeon, partially a new zone, flying and such and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I'm also surprised people aren't complaining about the size of the new raid
    I'm super stoked if it's a 10 boss raid. That's huge and CN was already a huge raid, so 20 bosses for the first tier is quite amazing. Don't know what this will mean for the release date though as it requires a lot of testing. 9.1 seems more like a May release at this point, imho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galbatrox View Post
    Im calling it now, Sylvanas is going to do the old switcheroo. She wont be able to willingly enslave Anduin so she's going to have found Arthas in the maw and turned him into her weapon instead.
    What if Sylvanas turns against the Jailer when the Jailer turns against her and just replaces her with Anduin? And Sylvanas helps us and the Covenants to stop the Jailer and Lich Boy.

Expectations rEvErsED!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again