Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FakePizza View Post
    I dont have more than 1k on classic atm and if someone has 100k gold I dont care,it doesnt effect me one bit.
    Of course it affects you. The price at the AH will be much greater than what they would be on fresh servers. Since you can only have 2 professions, you'll have to buy some things from the AH. Or you'll be forced to level up an alt just for farming mats... that's a lot of time going into that.

Also there will be plenty of epic flying mounts right from the start so your ability to farm mats will be diminished because of those people flying much faster than you.

And if you ever want to do GDKP then you'll be at a great disadvantage.

How pathetic are some of you,really.Some people put effort and some of you want that wiped...
    You're missing the point. No one wants to wipe anything. Nobody is asking for there being only fresh servers. What people want is SOME fresh servers in addition to the current ones. So you can continue with your in-game wealth on your current server, and those that didn't play Classic can play on another server that will be less of a chore for them.

1k on classic atm and if someone has 100k gold I dont care,it doesnt effect me one bit.I need gear?I'll PLAY the game and do dungeons/raid.I need mats?I'll go and get them
    Dear diary,
    This is Day 85 of farming primals for tailoring set. I can’t seem to understand how everyone around me magically has an epic flyer and I’m stuck here on my 60% flying mount losing all these tags. I checked the AH today to see if they have gone down from their 400g price per primal might but they still haven’t seem to budge. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow before I break down and buy gold off of a website that sells 10k gold for $30.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxblow View Post
    Of course it affects you. The price at the AH will be much greater than what they would be on fresh servers. Since you can only have 2 professions, you'll have to buy some things from the AH. Or you'll be forced to level up an alt just for farming mats... that's a lot of time going into that.

Also there will be plenty of epic flying mounts right from the start so your ability to farm mats will be diminished because of those people flying much faster than you.

And if you ever want to do GDKP then you'll be at a great disadvantage.

You're missing the point. No one wants to wipe anything. Nobody is asking for there being only fresh servers. What people want is SOME fresh servers in addition to the current ones. So you can continue with your in-game wealth on your current server, and those that didn't play Classic can play on another server that will be less of a chore for them.
    It doesnt effect me one bit since I plan on actually playing the game and farming stuff and I'll just buy some stuff if I feel like being lazy.Getting gold in BC will be much easier than it is now but now in classic its easy to get gold,even if you suck at the game and for example cant solo dire maul east for arcane crystals(bonus if you have herbing in that place...) or mara/zg boosts...you can just go to stratholme live and sell the orbs/runecloth and vendor all the greys you loot.Its easy 150-200g per hour.

Also the whole gold bid thing should just die,like who on earth joins that..."hey guys,i cant do this raid so i need your help and I will also sell you all the gear"bruh.....

But tbh they should open fresh servers,it will keep most casuals there.

Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    A lot of people thought the game was great as it was - The only way to find out if #nochanges held true in 2020/2021 was to actually play the game. We did, and we learned #nochanges sucked arse.

It is OK to learn from your mistakes and take a different stance on things. Imagine if your view on things never changed throughout your life. Damn son.
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    I mean. Most of us knew that the game need some changes before classic was realesed >< I mean we did learned on vanilla mistakes and want some changes. We predicted this before rest realize those changes needs to be done. Im just laughin on #nochangers now as they laughed at me.
    The point of #nochange was not that people thought the game was perfect.
    It was because of two different things :

1) The viewpoint that Classic should be a "museum", showing exactly the game as it was at the time, regardless of if it was good or bad.

2) Not trusting Blizzard about changes, considering Blizzard was the one having changed the game into what is retail today.

These two arguments have always been the real reasons behind #nochange, and were explicitely repeated at the time already.
    Stop acting like people were saying "the game is perfect, don't change it or it'll be worse" and putting yourself as the unheard prophets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post

1) The viewpoint that Classic should be a "museum", showing exactly the game as it was at the time, regardless of if it was good or bad.

2) Not trusting Blizzard about changes, considering Blizzard was the one having changed the game into what is retail today.

These two arguments have always been the real reasons behind #nochange, and were explicitely repeated at the time already.
    Stop acting like people were saying "the game is perfect, don't change it or it'll be worse" and putting yourself as the unheard prophets.
    Im not i just read forums i know what ppl were sain past years. Ofc there were words from community they dont want changes becasue the game was "perfect" for them. Museum thats the blizzards words not community.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonf View Post
    Dear diary,
    This is Day 85 of farming primals for tailoring set. I can’t seem to understand how everyone around me magically has an epic flyer and I’m stuck here on my 60% flying mount losing all these tags. I checked the AH today to see if they have gone down from their 400g price per primal might but they still haven’t seem to budge. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow before I break down and buy gold off of a website that sells 10k gold for $30.
    one of the best posts in this topic and 100% true, unfortunately these guys won´t get it

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post

Who are you to say what the "real reason" of #nochanges is? Lmao.

I must admit that I was wrong here:

Didn´t think TBC-dungeons could be abused like classic dungeons, but they definitely can be, so it doesn´t really matter if there are fresh servers or not. Difference is just a couple of weeks before the economy is f***ed up (again), so I don´t care anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonf View Post
    Dear diary,

Quote Originally Posted by Tanduita View Post
    I must admit that I was wrong here:

Didn´t think TBC-dungeons could be abused like classic dungeons, but they definitely can be, so it doesn´t really matter if there are fresh servers or not. Difference is just a couple of weeks before the economy is f***ed up (again), so I don´t care anymore

Maybe you don't care anymore but a bunch of other players still want a fresh TBC server, without boosting and transfers allowed for a couple of weeks/months.

There are a dozen of threads on the official forums, all of them are ignored by Blizzard, still no official statement. They could at least say, that they won't do it or that it is not planned to do, but this ignoring of thousands of replies is such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by satella View Post
    What a lot of people don't realize is how much more popular TBC is compared to Vanilla.

If you only look at private servers, you might assume Vanilla is much more popular, but that is mainly due to the lack of any good open source code for TBC servers.
    The codebase for Vanilla is extremely robust, and nearly perfect. With TrinityCore, WotLK has a massive open source project that is constantly being improved.

TBC codebase isn't there yet, so that limits how good the experience can be.

With TBC Classic, the code will be better than even the best Vanilla private server can muster, so you will see an influx of players that didn't even touch Classic.

If there are no new TBC Classic servers, that will discourage new players from joining, because why would they want to compete in an environment where a large portion have massive amounts of gold, guild connections and Naxx gear for leveling/dungeons/early raids?
    when I played pservers ( because my crappy pc stopped being the minimum able to run Legion on ) Wrath was by far the most popular choice. What was new and hip - and the wave of the future - were stable and serious progression servers that worked without needing gimmicks other than optional xp % boosts and a reduced time between patches than retail but otherwise it was Blizzlike or gtfo- that was why Nost was settled into by serious players, some of which probably got some world firsts recently, it wasn’t the patch that Nost was on that sealed the deal but a commitment to see the season through then find a promising Fresh server as nothing sucks more than being priced out of having fun- it’s why people buy gold as screw ethics I need stress relief and it’s this or risk a DUI tonight baby!
    Bliz has to know that Fresh is the golden goose - here’s what everyone I ever met on a pserver really wants - a small aka original size fresh server with no layering etc - just a few committed guilds and AH goblins and aoe farmers all hoping to have their chance to be server first etc - price no object

Fresh servers are merely a band aid if blizzard still allows you to boost on these servers.

Popularity may not be as high on these servers because it means having to restart and there are people who don't like restarting and also they may just wait until the boost is available to actually join.

The people who want to flee boosting may transfer their characters over if that is possibility. But depending on what is brought over might be akin to boosting anyway.

Blizzard unleashed the djinn from its bottle when they made it so boosts were available in classic.

It's actually amazing Blizzard hasn't announced fresh servers. Do they not like money?

You've got all these mmos about to come out...SOLO, Aion Classic, Crowfall, New World, FF14 expansion, and probably others I can't think of at the moment. Perfect time to draw in new players to Classic and give existing or borderilne players the ability to start fresh.