Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have barely any gold myself less than 1k atm, maybe i can farm a few 1000 before tbc releases but i'm sceptical about how much impact it really has, there are ppl who will have enough gold to clean the auction house out of primals and motes, but at some point these ppl are going to be done with the mats they need. to craft whatever it is. you have wayy to many individual ppl farming these different items and either keeping them or selling them on. different classes did need different primals and some classes didn't need other primals so it will move around. the motes and primals I don't need ill sell for the ones I do need etc.

the gold in this game is great for some things but i've never really found it to be the be all end all, you need, 6k for your epic flying skill, a large portion of this can be farmed in BC, you need gold for enchants, and consumables, if you can't just make those yourself. you barely need more than 10k gold in total for gems and enchants on 3 tiers of gear it can't cost more than 3-4k.

if you have a character that can DE, you save money on enchants, if you have an alchemist or a herbalist you can make your own flasks and elixirs, if you do fishing and cooking you have your well fed covered. after this you're spending gold on enchants, and boes for your alts. repairs which can be negligible if you barely wipe. once you've gotten past that 6k epic flying gold sink you're pretty much only going to make gold again because there is no sink after that until wrath.

the classic mats will start to sell again and ppl need stuff to level professions. the first tier of raiding is similar to molten core so, do you need flasks and BiS crafted gear to kill grull/mag and clear karazhan, no you don't. in the same way you didn't need flasks for molten core or BiS crafted gear. if we have t4 for several months then you have ample time to farm stuff assuming you're logging in and playing. most of that first month is going to be, getting to 70, getting your reputations up so you can buy the heroic keys, running heroics. getting attuned to karazhan. this progression doesn't really rely on gold, just you playing the game.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-23 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    People are worried about gold bro, not having extra level 58s in blue running around. Lolz some people man....
    Some people actually enjoy the leveling experience, and having the number of players depleted during that process severely hurts the experience. I understand as a spoiled brat entitled Retail crybaby you have no comprehension of this, but nevertheless leveling isn't irrelevant to everyone. Especially not in a version of the game back when that was a major part of the game and helped forged friendships and build a community.

Obviously all that doesn't exist in the Retail game, and won't in Classic TBC either. But that's Blizzard's failing. In any event, as I said, there's no point to fresh servers if players can just boost their way to 58 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    We fucking did it! "You think you do but you dont" fuck my ass! Time to leave retail mentality behind and not be metaslave again. TBC FTW
    He was right, Classic sucks balls. All the try hards fucking ruined it. Just like you try hards are gonna ruin TBC. It was fun then, but you no life try hards are what make the game suck.

If there was a forever no transfer server where blizzard actually gives a fuck to go after botting and cheating and ban gold runs and GDKP runs and all that nonsense than it might be good. But they'll never do that because Blizzard is terrible now.

Give up, the game sucks in all variants. Everything Blizzard makes is terrible. The company is dead.

Wont help, you only delay the inevitable. Sooner or later fresh servers are filled with bots and gold farm hoarders and the economy is ruined.

I have played wow since vanilla and almost never have I spent alot of time farming gold to get stuff, atleast didnt hoard it up. It was the legwork for vanilla mount and the legwork for BC flying. BC flying took me some time cause I just did dailys and whatnot and got it in the end. Vanilla epic I just saved gold while leveling and was actually rather close when I reached lvl 60.

I dont understand why so many are obsessed with gold anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    He was right, Classic sucks balls. All the try hards fucking ruined it. Just like you try hards are gonna ruin TBC. It was fun then, but you no life try hards are what make the game suck.

If there was a forever no transfer server where blizzard actually gives a fuck to go after botting and cheating and ban gold runs and GDKP runs and all that nonsense than it might be good. But they'll never do that because Blizzard is terrible now.

Give up, the game sucks in all variants. Everything Blizzard makes is terrible. The company is dead.
    Yeah maybe thats partly a reason why people obsess about gold. GDKP runs especially.

If someone thinks BC wont be a metaslave clusterfuck, they are very wrong. Its going to be just as bad as classic, maybe worse.

Thats not to say you cant play without caring about it. Its just a bit more of a hassle.

ppl keep saying the economy is fucked but I'm looking on the auction house right now,

mana potions are 2.3g each (there is a writ for these for the 18 slot bag quest)

arcane crystals are 37g

arcanite bars are 38-39g

righteous orbs are 35g

large brilliant shards are 5g

mongoose 7g each

greater shadow protection potions 7g each

greater frost protection 4.5g each

flask of titans, 135g

for the economy being broken is sure looks to me kinda average, like the prices of things are kinda what you'd expect them to be, competitive even. ya know since everyone has a billion gold.

really though it doesn't seem broken to me, the prices on high churn items like crystals and orbs, the prices went down since phase 1 you were probably looking at it costing 100g in righteous orbs for a crusader now its like what 70g I'd imagine most ppl on my realm by now have got all the arcanite bars they need for their thunderfuries and t3 so the demand is pretty much just going down at this point.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-23 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    There's a single (per account) boost you can buy that gets you to 58 and a mount (and starter gear). Since it's 1 per account it's not useful for your 7th alt, but if you have one or more max level characters (or several over 60, whatever) then gold shouldn't be an issue.

As for the 'but people coming from classic with have 100k gold!!' a very few will. Most people don't though and if they blow gold on mats or gear at the start of Classic TBC, t hey won't have it for long. TLDR, this is a a problem in some peoples' minds more than reality. It will be fine, even if its a bit odd in the first couple of weeks.
    Strange, I was told yesterday that its typical for a classic player to have "hundreds of thousands of gold".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    ppl keep saying the economy is fucked but I'm looking on the auction house right now,

[SNIP]

for the economy being broken is sure looks to me kinda average, like the prices of things are kinda what you'd expect them to be, competitive even. ya know since everyone has a billion gold.

really though it doesn't seem broken to me, the prices on high churn items like crystals and orbs, the prices went down since phase 1 you were probably looking at it costing 100g in righteous orbs for a crusader now its like what 70g I'd imagine most ppl on my realm by now have got all the arcanite bars they need for their thunderfuries and t3 so the demand is pretty much just going down at this point.
    Im not sure where this fear comes from - there are multiple people saying they refuse to play tbc if classic players get to bring their gold with them. Well ofc they are bringing it with them, and it wont matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post

What is your issue with gold runs and GDKP?

Quote Originally Posted by satella View Post
    What a lot of people don't realize is how much more popular TBC is compared to Vanilla.

Agreed. I think it's safe to say that TBC and WotLK was the golden era of this game.

Mid ranked I'd say would be Vanilla, MoP, and Legion. They all suffered in one way or another but overall were fairly good.

Cata, WoD, and BfA though, I think it's safe to say no one would be upset if they never got Classic versions.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Im not sure where this fear comes from - there are multiple people saying they refuse to play tbc if classic players get to bring their gold with them. Well ofc they are bringing it with them, and it wont matter.
    there were periods of where certain items spiked in price at one point the shadow protection potions were going for 15g each when guilds were still wiping on sapphiron, not many ppl were selling them and the ones that were, hiked the price. this happened a few times in classic like with nature protection potion in aq40 there was demand then it blew over as it became farmed and less were needed.

there were periods where, the economy fluctuated a bit due to the demand for certain things changing, but I agree that I don't think it will impact anything, everyone has the ability to grind gold or the items you can buy with that gold, it really doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-23 at 10:58 PM.

there were periods of where certain items spiked in price at one point the shadow protection potions were going for 15g each, not many ppl were selling them and the ones that were, hiked the price. this happened a few times in classic like with nature protection potion in aq40 there was demand then it blew over as it became farmed and less were needed.
    I guess thas what my point is - its all supply and demand. I just dont get what people are actually afraid of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Strange, I was told yesterday that its typical for a classic player to have "hundreds of thousands of gold".
    Not by me you weren't. And, while there are likely more now than in vanilla, it's still not a substantial portion of the player base.

- - - Updated - - -

there were periods of where certain items spiked in price at one point the shadow protection potions were going for 15g each when guilds were still wiping on sapphiron, not many ppl were selling them and the ones that were, hiked the price. this happened a few times in classic like with nature protection potion in aq40 there was demand then it blew over as it became farmed and less were needed.
    And that kind of thing will not matter to someone new to TBC because they're going to be leveling. By time they're 70 and geared, all that will settle down.
    Last edited by clevin; 2021-02-24 at 01:45 AM.

Not by me you weren't. And, while there are likely more now than in vanilla, it's still not a substantial portion of the player base.
    To be clear - I was not suggesting it was you. It always confuses me when people make such ridiculous claims as "most" or "the majority" of players will move into TBC with "hundreds of thousands of gold".

I have absolutely no doubt some will, and people obviously tend to exaggerate their wealth in polls (just like real life ), but I see those players being an extreme minority.

There's a single (per account) boost you can buy that gets you to 58 and a mount (and starter gear). Since it's 1 per account it's not useful for your 7th alt, but if you have one or more max level characters (or several over 60, whatever) then gold shouldn't be an issue.

As for the 'but people coming from classic with have 100k gold!!' a very few will. Most people don't though and if they blow gold on mats or gear at the start of Classic TBC, t hey won't have it for long. TLDR, this is a a problem in some peoples' minds more than reality. It will be fine, even if its a bit odd in the first couple of weeks.
    kinda scummy of blizz to sell boosts for what's supposed to be a classic experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    kinda scummy of blizz to sell boosts for what's supposed to be a classic experience.
    "classic experience."

A long time since classic had that, was it part of classic to have constant SM/mara boost spam, or GDKP raid pugs, or whatever the fuck ppl are doing in honor farming ?(got limited pvp knowledge)
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    The classic TBC experience is walking your main into Outland and leveling from 60 (or 58) to 70.

This isn’t like the original release where there was 1 version of the game. When TBC classic launches there will be 3 separate official versions of WoW running.
    Last edited by Argorwal; 2021-02-26 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    BC wasn't a standalone game. It was an expansion, and just like with classic some people had been playing since launch and had more gold than others. The difference was that in 2007 gamers were less entitled and understood that people who put more time and effort into an mmo had more stuff than them, and that was ok.
    El oh el. Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    The classic TBC experience is walking your main into Outland and leveling from 60 (or 58) to 70.

This isn’t like the original release where there was 1 version of the game. When TBC classic launches there will be 3 separate official versions of WoW running.
    the classic tbc experience was also "create a character on a completely new realm and level from 1 to 70", so wheres your point?

The state of realms is the only thing kind of holding me back from getting really excited, I basically quit Classic a week after I hit 60 (due to real life) and haven't played this. It'll be hard to shake the feeling of being significantly behind (which is fair of course) while playing even if I hit 70 at a good pace, mostly due to raw gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanduita View Post
    the classic tbc experience was also "create a character on a completely new realm and level from 1 to 70", so wheres your point?
    You can still do that if you want. You're not forced to use your existing high level character if you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    If they don't add fresh servers I'm just not gong to play.

Simple as that.
    Have fun in Shadowlands, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanduita View Post
    And people still get to do that since the boost is only once per account?

Sounds like the best of both worlds. Walk into Outland day one and and also level from 1.