Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Retailers ruined TBC?

In retail people set too high ilvl demand for m+ dungeons.
    Same thing happens now in TBC where 90% of groups require T3+ for normal dungeons, making it impossible to get into groups and creating one takes ages due to lack of tanks (they are all in T3 groups). Did retailers ruin TBC already?

I dont know, I'm full bis T3 naxx,. so I like this change. Makes dungeons go fast instead of waiting on the boosters. Boosters can make their own group with boosted tanks. Idea?

Haven't played retail since legion btw

If people are running round in t3, they are solidly in the classic players camp.

If they are retailers how do they have T3? I came from retail, my character had no gear like most others. Also had zero issues getting into groups and found the T3 requirement groups are by far in the minority. I also cleared the 25man raids last week with effectively no gear, no enchants, finiished levelling weapon skill on maggy after killing gruul beforehand, nobody in my guild had naxx gear.

This thread is just complete nonsense.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Lol this is the classic player mindset - tryhards overgearing everything. Stop blaming retail players for everything wrong with the classic playerbase. .

or get this

"both" communities are actually the same. they just have different ways of doing the same action.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Same thing happens now in TBC where 90% of groups require T3+ for normal dungeons, making it impossible to get into groups and creating one takes ages due to lack of tanks (they are all in T3 groups). Did retailers ruin TBC already?
    Full classic bis warlock here. I don t mind running dungeons with people who didn t raid in vanilla because I m doing most of the dps in dungeons anyway.

What is annoying though are boosted healer and tanks that have no clue about what they are doing.

and creating one takes ages due to lack of tanks (they are all in T3 groups).
    Waiting for tanks has always been a problem. Nothing new. And someone has to do it. Someone has to make a group and wait for the tank. When you join a group it means that somebody else created it and invited your ass... so why cant you do the same? Why is it okay for other people to wait for tank but not you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    If they are retailers how do they have T3?
    Maybe they also played classic but you can spot retail player by this mindset.

I dunno about ruined, but the people who ran nothing but the same dungeons over and over to level and then complain about being bored of grinding dungeons at 70 are pretty funny.

Just group up with other low geared.

There’s farmore new players than naxx players

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Lol the hypocrasy...

Obvious classic players demanding stupid gear for simple dungeons... and retailers are at fault...

I boosted (you don't see it anymore) but the only people who have been toxic have been obvious classic players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm.. hate to break it to you but.. TBC Classic is also retail, and it is retailers playing the game, and the same retailers came from the progression servers, and it is the attitude created by the communities that followed them, the communities that developed over time.

TBC Classic, the whole Classic project, is just museums. Artificial creations of the original versions and some hope Classic would also re-create that time but it doesn't.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-06-09 at 07:37 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Same thing happens now in TBC where 90% of groups require T3+ for normal dungeons, making it impossible to get into groups
    Big hyperbole.
    It was maybe a case for a few first days but no longer exist.

and creating one takes ages due to lack of tanks (they are all in T3 groups).
    It was always funny to me that there are so few tanks.
    Best and definitely most fun role for dunegons but for some reason people are really afraid of doing it.
    As a prot pala i literally have endless spam of dungeons and whispers from people.

Did retailers ruin TBC already?
    I hate that kind of assumptions...

everyone assumes OG TBC payers were idiots and today's players play different, min max more. another big lie told in WOW. they pushed as hard, but were hindered by knowledge, having to figure out as they go, alakazam, thottbot and later wowhead did not have all the data, guides, posted on day zero.

i was on a full server in TBC, did not fully play van wow, it was hard back then not being geared. the T2-3 geared players rocketed to 70 and content seriously fast. TBC greens did not catch you up fast, and the other lie told...is that you would replace your van wow epics with greens and blues right away...HUGE LIE!

of course my TBC experience may be different than others at the time, we had some top guilds that competed for WFs. the server was race mode in 2007. anyone coming into the game late or slow at struggling had a hard time to get dungeon and raid groups. at one point players demanded T4-5 to get into KARA, and herioc badge farms. and it got worse after SWP started as the requirements got boosted to T5-6.5 to run the same

Classic players blaming everything on retail players - thats classic
    Also why classic players constantly bragging about retail things? I dont care about TBC so I dont come to the TBC forum talk shit.
    Its like those anti-vaccination people screaming their opinions where nobody cares about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    People ask for T3 because it's convenient for them as they want a smooth quick run and there are some many DPS looking for groups that it's easy to cherry pick. The same reason why people want high ilvl in Shadowlands.

People want to run with similarly gear as themselves.
    That's not a problem or a new thing.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Eee? Never seen that issue. Ofc T3 i greatly welcome but not only. On my server there is no problmes like this.

only mindset thats clearly visible is yours - looking at something "wrong" in classic and doing mental gymnastics to somehow twist it into retail fault...
    some people having high demands is nothing new, and definitely didnt start with M+, there were people demanding high gearscore for HC dungeons in wrath... and mind you, that was ADDON, so clearly requirement made by community... and even that wasnt start of it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    Classic players blaming everything on retail players - thats classic
    Also why classic players constantly bragging about retail things? I dont care about TBC so I dont come to the TBC forum talk shit.
    Its like those anti-vaccination people screaming their opinions where nobody cares about them.
    they have to somehow keep their illusion classic is superior, and since there is nothing showing that they have to put retail down
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-06-09 at 08:28 AM.