Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not interested without fresh realms. Economy is done, guilds already made, gold from quests and vendor items ruined.

Fresh realm I would play for a while. Even better would be new classic fresh realms after a while.

Not interested, I made my 12k gold for the sole purpose of taking it to TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    You don't really know what you are saying.

ppl didn't have 100,000 gold going into TBC... Guilds barely had anything near that.
    Uh... I never said anything about gold?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by satella View Post
    What a lot of people don't realize is how much more popular TBC is compared to Vanilla.
    I rolled a toon the other day with the explicit intent of playing TBC. I don't care about any of the vanilla endgame.

I noticed there was a LOT of new toons rolled (mankrik, horde) running around the undead starting area.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    You want at least 1 m/rdps druid and 1 dps r/mdps shaman, their buffs were godly in TBC. As for paladins, BE rets were a lot better than alliance paladins cause of SoB was amazing in dmg.
    Which is why ally paladins are getting I dont know SOB in TBC classic, huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    yeah this. I thought about reupping my sub for tbc classic, but the idea of many coming in with tons of gold means the markets are going to be catering to them, instead of new players.

- - - Updated - - -

rofl bro. Metas have been a thing since vanilla.
    You mean min maxing and metafocus was a huge thing back in 05 as it is now? I mean yeah it was there, but not as strong as now. Today people just outright dont play the class they like the most. THey just pick whatever is strongest and go with it. '

The whole debacale about convenants also show were the focus and mentality is.

Imagine how much the experience will suffer when you have a few people with tens of thousands of gold inflating the economy.

Have a job and family? Just want to raid a bit during the week? Have fun affording that flask and mats for your gear.

I recently started botting, to get 20-40k gold before the Addon start, my server is dead, so no reports there.

I would not have botted, but with this inflation you have to lol.

Going into TBC with a gold cap/limit would have been my preference just so there isn't as much of a difference between people.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Question.

Is it the same server that will be progressing to TBC realms? I don't want to lose my reserved names
    your name is safe on TBC and classic era, tbc is just continuation of your beloved vanilla home like it was in 2007.
    the classic era realm is a mirrored version of the soon-tbc one at moment of prepatch with everybody's chars present if they so desire, but locked to 60 and without an exit to tbc.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah this. I thought about reupping my sub for tbc classic, but the idea of many coming in with tons of gold means the markets are going to be catering to them, instead of new players.

So? I mean if you're a new player and herbs are expensive, level herbalism. Pick herbs. Sell herbs. Make gold.

It's not as if new players have a lot in the way of expenses. You're NEW. You're leveling. Even if someone boosts to 58, they have a couple of levels to level up a gathering profession and they likely won't be raiding (and thus needing consumes) right away.

This won't be a problem for most people unless you expect to be able to buy a ton of crafted BoEs in the first month etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Uh... I never said anything about gold?
    Then why post? This thread is about gold being out of control and it ruining the meta of the economy. Seems like you did though.

Fresh TBC servers are a waste of time as long as there's boosts. Don't allow boosts on those servers and yes...fantastic. But with them, there's no point in even making fresh servers.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So? I mean if you're a new player and herbs are expensive, level herbalism. Pick herbs. Sell herbs. Make gold.

It's not as if new players have a lot in the way of expenses. You're NEW. You're leveling. Even if someone boosts to 58, they have a couple of levels to level up a gathering profession and they likely won't be raiding (and thus needing consumes) right away.

This won't be a problem for most people unless you expect to be able to buy a ton of crafted BoEs in the first month etc.
    boosts? There are boosts?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazlartist View Post
    Silvermoon will be packed and bloodthistle (etc) will be sold for much more gold than someone can get ( without buying gold from the botters who already know this) etc etc - I’ll wait for another year then play !
    You really worry that much about a stupid +10 spell power buff?

Blizzard added several new, non-announced realms in the first week or two of Classic when interest proved to outpace expectations. The same could easily happen with Classic BC.

Yes, 58 boosts.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Fresh TBC servers are a waste of time as long as there's boosts. Don't allow boosts on those servers and yes...fantastic. But with them, there's no point in even making fresh servers.
    People are worried about gold bro, not having extra level 58s in blue running around. Lolz some people man....

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a single (per account) boost you can buy that gets you to 58 and a mount (and starter gear). Since it's 1 per account it's not useful for your 7th alt, but if you have one or more max level characters (or several over 60, whatever) then gold shouldn't be an issue.

As for the 'but people coming from classic with have 100k gold!!' a very few will. Most people don't though and if they blow gold on mats or gear at the start of Classic TBC, t hey won't have it for long. TLDR, this is a a problem in some peoples' minds more than reality. It will be fine, even if its a bit odd in the first couple of weeks.
    Last edited by clevin; 2021-02-23 at 05:14 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing I don't understand for people asking for gold wipe what happens to items? Flasks of supreme power for example are not much weaker and were used as a cheaper alternative in tbc before. Stocking up on jewel crafting materials will be insanely profitable too. I guess we need to wipe everything that is sellable on accounts to avoid this?

Another problem is people with 100k gold will be able to farm another 100k faster in TBC. Wiping gold increases it's value and TBC has more raw gold generation and better farms. Most people complaining now probably farm 4 or less hours a week and complain they broke. It will be worse in TBC with a wipe. At least the average player probably has a few thousand gold right now.

I was in no means a rich player my highest reached was 20k gold. I will be going into TBC with 10k gold. I was lazy and didn't farm a lot but I did farm early. I put all of my early gold into Black Lotus which went from 30g to over 100g in under a month and I sold my last lotus for 250g when naxx came out. Guildies laughed when I was on a 60% mount but I had a stacks of black lotus. Going into TBC without a wipe will make the price swing smaller. It will also mean anything you farm will sell for more as well which helps get epic flying sooner.