View Poll Results: Who lands the killing blow

Voters
325. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thrall

    5 1.54%
  • Tyrande

    116 35.69%
  • DK Anduin

    33 10.15%
  • Sylvanas kills herself to deny them justice

    70 21.54%
  • Bolvar

    5 1.54%
  • Player Character

    21 6.46%
  • Jaina

    1 0.31%
  • Baine

    6 1.85%
  • Zovaal

    45 13.85%
  • Arthas

    18 5.54%
  • Ysera

    5 1.54%
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    If Sylvanas absolutely HAD to die sacrificing herself to save someone I'd rather it be Tyrande or her sisters, not Anduin. He already hijacked enough of her character as is.

  2. #202
    Come on, folks. Aren't you forgetting something? We can totally kill Sylvanas and still have her around.

    We'll end up killing her (Definitely with Tyrande involved), and then we'll take her soul to Revendreth.

    We've seen her soul holds doubts. This was specifically shown, even if she made the bad choice for Anduin. This means she is destined for Revendreth. She can be redeemed.

    In addition, her soul holds tactical information about the Jailer's plans. It makes sense from a tactical standpoint to hand her over to the Venthyr.

  3. #203
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    33,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Come on, folks. Aren't you forgetting something? We can totally kill Sylvanas and still have her around.

    We'll end up killing her (Definitely with Tyrande involved), and then we'll take her soul to Revendreth.

    We've seen her soul holds doubts. This was specifically shown, even if she made the bad choice for Anduin. This means she is destined for Revendreth. She can be redeemed.

    In addition, her soul holds tactical information about the Jailer's plans. It makes sense from a tactical standpoint to hand her over to the Venthyr.
    Not sure if that can or will happen, but it'd definitely be interesting to see the heart-to-heart between Sylvanas' shade and the Accuser, who I have no doubt would just relish the chance to knock Sylvanas down several dozen pegs. Sylvanas would be spewing manifestations of arrogance and pride in a never-ending geyser.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  4. #204
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    11,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Like I said I was talking about the council so idk why you keep trying to ignore that, its not like you get decide what I am talking about and no the council is a recent thing officially.
    the problem is how we are talking about sylvanas being putt warchief and things good or bad coming out of it, talking about the council when we discuss that is pointless
    Warchief is old news and only causes problems as we saw.
    No, the problem is bad writing, it did fine for years until when they decided to fuck up
    The hordes new look is superiour in every way.
    and not that is not true, we barely knew who is there and we already lost members, is just a mess they don't know how to handle and a copy of what the alliance was before, fitting when the aliance now have a warchief

    Garrosh was a dick and once again not realy a story that stood out compared to Sylvanas imo. I am not even a Sylvanas fanboy, but I if they had a better narrative it could have been a better story.
    And sylvanas is not a dick? MOP and wod were just 10x better than bfa and shadowlands by a mile

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not sure if that can or will happen, but it'd definitely be interesting to see the heart-to-heart between Sylvanas' shade and the Accuser, who I have no doubt would just relish the chance to knock Sylvanas down several dozen pegs. Sylvanas would be spewing manifestations of arrogance and pride in a never-ending geyser.
    That is pretty much why I assume that she was really Maw-bound in the end. The Arbiter would have send her to Revendreth to atone, but Sylvanas never accepted responsiblity for any of her crimes, always blamed someone else, her existence as undead or whatever and that would be crucial for atonement to happen.

    In a functioning Revendreth the Venthyr would have tried to cleanse her of her arrogance for eons, failed and then kicked her down into the Maw.

    However, this is just what I make from how the character was shown so far.

    That doubt she expressed in front of Anduin was a completely new side, that was never even hinted at and it is that which makes me think that Danuser absolutely wants to redeem her. Since there was never anything good left in her, he had to create it and use Anduin to "discover" it, even at the cost of his life.
    It's at this point clear that Danuser will not allow Sylvanas to die as a villain, no matter the costs. If Anduin has to die for it, or Tyrande or anyone else that he doesn't care about, then that is what will happen. And he will then release a statement that we never understood Sylvanas.

  6. #206
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    33,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    That is pretty much why I assume that she was really Maw-bound in the end. The Arbiter would have send her to Revendreth to atone, but Sylvanas never accepted responsiblity for any of her crimes, always blamed someone else, her existence as undead or whatever and that would be crucial for atonement to happen.

    In a functioning Revendreth the Venthyr would have tried to cleanse her of her arrogance for eons, failed and then kicked her down into the Maw.

    However, this is just what I make from how the character was shown so far.

    That doubt she expressed in front of Anduin was a completely new side, that was never even hinted at and it is that which makes me think that Danuser absolutely wants to redeem her. Since there was never anything good left in her, he had to create it and use Anduin to "discover" it, even at the cost of his life.
    It's at this point clear that Danuser will not allow Sylvanas to die as a villain, no matter the costs. If Anduin has to die for it, or Tyrande or anyone else that he doesn't care about, then that is what will happen. And he will then release a statement that we never understood Sylvanas.
    I'm not so sure i.e. her guaranteed delivery to the Maw. One thing I like about Sylvanas' character is that down beneath her blustering pride there is a scintilla of what she once was - one could say a patina of essential humanity is still in her, like the memory of water in a long-dry well. We occasionally get glimpses of this fact when it comes to her affection for Nathanos, or for Vereesa in War Crimes. She guards the knowledge jealously and tries to purge sentiment and emotionality from herself, but it's always there. That factor could well redeem her if nurtured and brought to the fore, which eons in Revendreth might help accomplish. Her redemption even at the Venthyr's hands would by no means be guaranteed - but I would posit it is at least possible.

    Whether or not Sylvanas *deserves* redemption is, to me, the real question. I've long maintained the answer is a solid "no," but the question was more about whether redemption was possible and not whether it was deserved.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  7. #207
    Gamon will save us

  8. #208
    I am Murloc! Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    5,585
    Not all of the raid bosses we fight end up dying at the end.

    Hell, even Denathrius isn't dead.

  9. #209
    it's obvious at some point she will sacrifice herself to save Anduin
    She won't die, she will be the prison gardian for the Jailer,

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So... *rubs tip of blade*
    Sylvanas is the final boss of 9.1. There's one big question everyone seems to be ignoring if this does happen...

    Who's going to land the killing blow if she does die and how does WoW go on with their 2nd most famous and most iconic female character gone?

    Mod Edit: Don't use giant fonts in this fashion.
    She's not going to die. Her plot line is already written. See StarCraft II. They're going to give her the Kerrigan treatment. She will become the Primal Queen of Blades version of herself, help overthrow Zovaal and then who knows.

  11. #211
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,600
    I'm just hoping she actually dies. Retail has been trash since she's been front and centre. Her character is trash tier fanservice written by a bad writer.

    I refuse to even touch retail WoW until she's gone.

  12. #212
    I really hope they will do smth Anveena-style for Sylvanas, but in a slight reverse.

    It's kinda obvious, that Ranger-General will take over the Banshee Queen at one moment, Sylvanas still might die because of this moment of hesitation, but ultimately gonna refuse to follow her "fate", even the one she has chosen for herself. For more poetic emphasis, I see her somehow fixing the "machine of Death" that transfers all mortal souls to the Maw during that "backstab". That way she might be granted a redemption in ultimate oblivion, something she seeks since Arthas' death.

    I see her soul is returned to the real-plane world as a new-born entity without any memories. And what's more important, w/o any theoretical possibility for them to be awakened. A completely new life. It might not be High Elf, might not be even on Azeroth. I see a Draenor-like planet where 14-16 y.o. adolescents go through the initiation ceremony, might be something related to the hunt or any other bow-related competition that new-Sylvanas is watching with envy, but she isn't a part of it yet. Some teens are successful, some aren't, but the ceremony is ended, peaceful countymen has left the meadow, the sun almost went down, and finally able to "compete", 9 y.o. new-Sylvanas hits the mark with ease, overexecuting the "initiation requirement". Noone sees that but the childly-arrogant smile flashes on her face for a moment. Sun finally hides beneath the horizon, and new-Sylvanas hears the other child voices.

    Her sisters call her home.
    Last edited by Drainbead; 2021-02-22 at 10:50 PM.

  13. #213
    Did the voice actress of Sylvanas confirmed that Sylvanas wont die ?

    https://twitter.com/PattyMattson/sta...02073212710912

    and

    https://twitter.com/PattyMattson/sta...58949381545988
    Last edited by ilgynoth; 2021-02-23 at 10:59 AM.

  14. #214
    If Tyrande doesn't land it then I don't see what the point of having her jump into the Shadowlands with us is.
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

  15. #215
    *When the only thing you're looking forward to in 9.1 is killing that cunt Sylvanas*
    Feels good

  16. #216
    As much as I detest the lore behind it, I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of curious about the Sylvanas fight. I might buy game time just to play through it myself.

  17. #217
    you die as a hero or you become an ally bootlicker

    gg blizzard you just middlefingered every single fanbase, even the anduin ones xD
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

  18. #218
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    33,888
    Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    Did the voice actress of Sylvanas confirmed that Sylvanas wont die ?

    https://twitter.com/PattyMattson/sta...02073212710912

    and

    https://twitter.com/PattyMattson/sta...58949381545988
    No, she seems to be saying that even if Sylvanas dies in the raid you can always see her again by returning to the raid, etc. etc. Not really a confirmation of any kind either way you slice it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    No, she seems to be saying that even if Sylvanas dies in the raid you can always see her again by returning to the raid,
    No, thats not what she's sayin. While I did push it a bit, she obviously is saying "remember when Sylvanas was fought in cataclysm? She was still around after the fight"
    Thats literally she posted 2x to ppl, just read the entire context.
    This doesnt mean that she wont die, you're right, but this mean after her raid she will be still around. Could be alive, helping us or could be in revendreth, paying for her sins and redeeming herself there.

  20. #220
    im slowly preparing myself for blizzard redeeming this uterrly stupid character

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •