45 13.85%
  • Arthas

18 5.54%
  • Ysera

5 1.54%
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Checked the front page several times, hence why I asked about source... "But the Banished One has a terrible new champion in his service—a cruel instrument of despair conscripted by Sylvanas Windrunner, capable of instilling dread into the hearts of Azeroth’s heroes like no creature of the Shadowlands."

Says nothing that its Sylvanas herself is going to be a raid boss, but "conscripted by Sylvanas".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's true. I was able to find and download the factsheet before they pulled everything down:

Did some searching and didn't turn up anything for any of there other games, fwiw.
     RAID THE SANCTUM OF DOMINATION—Brave treacherous, unexplored reaches of Torghast in a new 10-boss raid: the Sanctum of Domination. Encounter the true Eye of the Jailer, turn the tide against the Tarragrue, and come face-to-face with the Banshee Queen herself in a fateful confrontation.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only acceptable answer to this is Garithos, back and as racist as ever.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    We all hope she dies, but Blizz will probably take our hope away by saving her somehow.

Wait - what female character is more prominent than Sylvanas and dead???

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Wait - what female character is more prominent than Sylvanas and dead???
    I don't think it was said that the second more important is also dead. Just more important. And Jaina probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Garrosh not in this poll? We all know he will show up and say something along the lines of "You have failed the horde, you have brought shame to us as a people!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Tyrande already killed Nathanos so the odds they'll give her Sylvanas is next to zero. Odds are if she does get Gul'dan'd she'll die with a sad one-liner, in shock that the Blue Man was bad.

That said, it's even odds she survives, since they backtracked hard on her BFA characterization.
    If you ask me Sylvanas going "fuck literally all of you guys" and committing suicide after being beaten is probably the best way to end her character, by annoying everyone and letting her be the petty bitch she's always been to the end.

But yeah, with how they wrote her so far being merely imprisoned to be recycled later after we beat her into submission is just as likely, and there's always the redemption angle but IMO they're saving that for big boy Arthas, with a side dish of Kael, while Anduin moonlights as the crazy person we beat the evil out of at some point or another. I don't think they will actually kill Sylvanas in a X.1 patch. Then again they did kill Varian and Garrosh in a X.0 one and Illidan (at the time) in a X.1 too so who knows.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Tyrande already killed Nathanos so the odds they'll give her Sylvanas is next to zero. Odds are if she does get Gul'dan'd she'll die with a sad one-liner, in shock that the Blue Man was bad.

That said, it's even odds she survives, since they backtracked hard on her BFA characterization.
    She's already led on that she's either being controlled, feels like she has no choice implying until whatever happens fate is controlling us all, and/or that she doesn't quite trust him anyway so not sure where you were going with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
     RAID THE SANCTUM OF DOMINATION—Brave treacherous, unexplored reaches of Torghast in a new 10-boss raid: the Sanctum of Domination. Encounter the true Eye of the Jailer, turn the tide against the Tarragrue, and come face-to-face with the Banshee Queen herself in a fateful confrontation.
    That can literally be interpreted either way. I'm not saying you're wrong for saying she's a raid boss nor would I say someone is wrong for saying it doesn't say she is. The wording is extremely vague as they seem to go out of their way to say we actually fight her at all. All you can say is she will be there and whatever happens has something to do with fate which is something she's been obsessed with lately. Hell we might end up "freeing" her by fighting something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    They're totally doing a "history rhymes" moment where Sylvanas is Gul'Dan and Tyrande is Illidan.
    Yup I said it many years ago that Sylvanas will get the Gul'dan treatment in Legion in Nighthold raid.

I can also add maybe the appearance of Arthas? for her last moments or something like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    My best bet is on Tyrande or Arthas. Tyrande as a conclusion the her vengeance arc. Arthas as a repeat but twist on history, the first time he killed her and turned her evil, second time he killed her to end her tirade of evil.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2021-02-18 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    We all hope she dies, but Blizz will probably take our hope away by saving her somehow.
    Uhm nope! Not all of us hope that she dies. I hope my warchief will survive. Any yes, i registered to the forums just to answer you

Quote Originally Posted by OCoyne View Post
    She doesn't die. It's too obvious.

That ended the thread quickly.
    i dunno... the whole "Banshee Queen herself in a fateful confrontation" has an ominous feeling about it, if anything if she were to die it would be the Jailer to deliver the final blow

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    whos the first?
    Arthas, Sylvanas, Jaina, Illidan and Thrall are the most iconic of the five and most identifiable. You can also argue also Tyrande and Malf being apart of that group and maybe even Anduin. But yeah. Sylvanas is most popular female character with Jaina or Tyrande being second. Arthas being the most popular of any gender
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Arthas, Sylvanas, Jaina, Illidan and Thrall are the most iconic of the five and most identifiable. You can also argue also Tyrande and Malf being apart of that group and maybe even Anduin. But yeah. Sylvanas is most popular female character with Jaina or Tyrande being second. Arthas being the most popular of any gender
    oh im blind.

i read it as 2nd most iconic FEMALE character.

and low key my mind was like...

anduin? hes first?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

The Jailor needs to be an option.

Sadly, she likely will not die. Some kind of redemption arc is in plans IMHO, as usual...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Sylvanas Power Word: Deaths herself to possess the player character.

...I was about to post 'a random minion on the other side of the board' but it would actually be a genuinely interesting twist for the player to be possessed. There wouldn't be anything stopping them from doing it either seeing as you use your Heart of Azeroth to shoopdawoop N'zoth.

Also the Garrosh kill would be great. He could use the B word again.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2021-02-19 at 12:51 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

The best option is she becomes a slave to Anduin the Lich King for her failure, losing her free will again. (why she is working with the Jailer the guy that caused all her problems in the first place... makes no sense) Anyways that would be the best punishment for her. Once we defeat/save LK anduin he decides to give her a choice like she gave him. She is sent to Revendreth to purge her sins. Then she is sent to Bastion to remove her memories. Then she is sent to Ardenweald to be reborn into the world with a new start on a new planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    If you ask me Sylvanas going "fuck literally all of you guys" and committing suicide after being beaten is probably the best way to end her character, by annoying everyone and letting her be the petty bitch she's always been to the end.

But yeah, with how they wrote her so far being merely imprisoned to be recycled later after we beat her into submission is just as likely, and there's always the redemption angle but IMO they're saving that for big boy Arthas, with a side dish of Kael, while Anduin moonlights as the crazy person we beat the evil out of at some point or another. I don't think they will actually kill Sylvanas in a X.1 patch. Then again they did kill Varian and Garrosh in a X.0 one and Illidan (at the time) in a X.1 too so who knows.
    Whether she dies or not I'm hard pressed to believe she won't reappear in some form further on. I was firmly convinced they'd just Gul'dan her early on with the way she was set up in BFA and how little of a role she played in the expansion to build up the Blue Man, and I might still be right, but the Jailer still has very little setup and I can't see him sustaining a story for the rest of the expansion. Then again, that's basically what happened to Gul'dan too, with how terribly KJ was handled and how Argus essentially had no main antagonist.

At this stage it's too late for my preferred option, that is having her take over for the Jailer and be the end boss, with the remaining options of being Gul'dan'd or redeemed both being shit for fairly obvious reasons. To clarify, and to @ohwell she takes a guy who rules a hell dimension of constant torture speaking entirely in evil one liners as being especially interested in justice and dies as a footnote for this bore after fifteen years in this franchise, or alternatively, she's so easily shaken in the beliefs she burnt a city of kids for by Anduin, someone with whom she has no particular connection save sexual tension in two cinematics, that she switches sides and joins up with people who should by rights still want her dead.

@Magical Mudcrab

This is the only solution I agree with. Then he'd lecture Anduin about trusting inhuman beasts.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-02-19 at 06:39 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    No, there's no singular "Player" in lore. Just nameless armies. Player character has absolutely no influence over anything.

Aw thanks man
    The PC has been a special character(no longer just some rando soldier) for quite a while now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    probably too high standards for blizzard writing/disbelief that the writers are such utter hacks/so attached to their hot topic goth elf waifu
    Dont you guys ever get tired of the circlejerking you are doing here? Like? We get it. You absolutely hate the writing.