• Arthas

18 5.54%
  • Ysera

5 1.54%
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So... *rubs tip of blade*
    Sylvanas is the final boss of 9.1. There's one big question everyone seems to be ignoring if this does happen...

Who's going to land the killing blow if she does die and how does WoW go on with their 2nd most famous and most iconic female character gone?

Mod Edit: Don't use giant fonts in this fashion.
    She's not going to die. Her plot line is already written. See StarCraft II. They're going to give her the Kerrigan treatment. She will become the Primal Queen of Blades version of herself, help overthrow Zovaal and then who knows.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just hoping she actually dies. Retail has been trash since she's been front and centre. Her character is trash tier fanservice written by a bad writer.

I refuse to even touch retail WoW until she's gone.

I really hope they will do smth Anveena-style for Sylvanas, but in a slight reverse.

It's kinda obvious, that Ranger-General will take over the Banshee Queen at one moment, Sylvanas still might die because of this moment of hesitation, but ultimately gonna refuse to follow her "fate", even the one she has chosen for herself. For more poetic emphasis, I see her somehow fixing the "machine of Death" that transfers all mortal souls to the Maw during that "backstab". That way she might be granted a redemption in ultimate oblivion, something she seeks since Arthas' death.

I see her soul is returned to the real-plane world as a new-born entity without any memories. And what's more important, w/o any theoretical possibility for them to be awakened. A completely new life. It might not be High Elf, might not be even on Azeroth. I see a Draenor-like planet where 14-16 y.o. adolescents go through the initiation ceremony, might be something related to the hunt or any other bow-related competition that new-Sylvanas is watching with envy, but she isn't a part of it yet. Some teens are successful, some aren't, but the ceremony is ended, peaceful countymen has left the meadow, the sun almost went down, and finally able to "compete", 9 y.o. new-Sylvanas hits the mark with ease, overexecuting the "initiation requirement". Noone sees that but the childly-arrogant smile flashes on her face for a moment. Sun finally hides beneath the horizon, and new-Sylvanas hears the other child voices.

Her sisters call her home.
    Last edited by Drainbead; 2021-02-22 at 10:50 PM.

Did the voice actress of Sylvanas confirmed that Sylvanas wont die ?

https://twitter.com/PattyMattson/sta...02073212710912

and

https://twitter.com/PattyMattson/sta...58949381545988
    Last edited by ilgynoth; 2021-02-23 at 10:59 AM.

*When the only thing you're looking forward to in 9.1 is killing that cunt Sylvanas*
    Feels good

As much as I detest the lore behind it, I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of curious about the Sylvanas fight. I might buy game time just to play through it myself.

you die as a hero or you become an ally bootlicker

gg blizzard you just middlefingered every single fanbase, even the anduin ones xD
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    Did the voice actress of Sylvanas confirmed that Sylvanas wont die ?

https://twitter.com/PattyMattson/sta...02073212710912

and

https://twitter.com/PattyMattson/sta...58949381545988
    No, she seems to be saying that even if Sylvanas dies in the raid you can always see her again by returning to the raid, etc. etc. Not really a confirmation of any kind either way you slice it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    No, she seems to be saying that even if Sylvanas dies in the raid you can always see her again by returning to the raid,
    No, thats not what she's sayin. While I did push it a bit, she obviously is saying "remember when Sylvanas was fought in cataclysm? She was still around after the fight"
    Thats literally she posted 2x to ppl, just read the entire context.
    This doesnt mean that she wont die, you're right, but this mean after her raid she will be still around. Could be alive, helping us or could be in revendreth, paying for her sins and redeeming herself there.

im slowly preparing myself for blizzard redeeming this uterrly stupid character

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    No, thats not what she's sayin. While I did push it a bit, she obviously is saying "remember when Sylvanas was fought in cataclysm? She was still around after the fight"
    Thats literally she posted 2x to ppl, just read the entire context.
    This doesnt mean that she wont die, you're right, but this mean after her raid she will be still around. Could be alive, helping us or could be in revendreth, paying for her sins and redeeming herself there.
    I highly doubt Blizzard would permit a VA to drop a huge plot point like that apropos of nothing, so I'm going to fall on the side of doubting she's revealing such a plot point in those tweets. Maybe she is, but I don't think it's conclusive.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would she even die?

Well, when you burn down a World Tree and commit genocide, then cause countless suffering to a massive amount of souls pouring into the Maw, you can't expect her to live or be redeemed. Outside of one final "betrayal" of sorts, why would she live? I feel like a lot of people feel the same as I do. Tired of her being such a heavy focus for several expansions. Tired of her off screen asspull powersups. Tired of her being written to be some super smart strategist when she's simply being written 3 expansions ahead while everyone else is 3 expansions in the past. It's boring, and guess what? People don't expect her to die for that exact reason, because she's been written in a way that you know she'll just be allowed to live and annoy us for more expansions for no other reason than she's someone at Blizzard's waifu. She has the Thrall syndrome for me, at this point.

Why couldn't they replace Sylvanas with Khadgar? Why can't you replace, like, literally every single faction leader in the game for every race with someone more interesting, or just kill every one of them. I suppose dealing with Sylvanas' story is still 10x better than anything Lor'themar has done in his entire WoW existence, for example.
    Last edited by La; 2021-02-23 at 07:02 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Well, when you burn down a World Tree and commit genocide, then cause countless suffering to a massive amount of souls pouring into the Maw, you can't expect her to live or be redeemed. Outside of one final "betrayal" of sorts, why would she live? I feel like a lot of people feel the same as I do. Tired of her being such a heavy focus for several expansions. Tired of her off screen asspull powersups. Tired of her being written to be some super smart strategist when she's simply being written 3 expansions ahead while everyone else is 3 expansions in the past. It's boring, and guess what? People don't expect her to die for that exact reason, because she's been written in a way that you know she'll just be allowed to live and annoy us for more expansions.
    as i will point out again.
    Arthas did worse and people want to redeem him
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Danuser will have her turn on the jailer. There gonna try to make her out to be a hero. Like it was her plan all along. Like with the glowing runes giving Zorval control over his victims. Shes one person that doesn't have any runes if you noticed. But her turning on him doesn't really resolve or make her innocent of the crimes she did before Shadowlands. There gonna try argue that shes saving the champions. No different then when they pulled the crap with Gromm "Draenor is FREE!" . I argue this, because remember they claimed that Zuldazar raid was payback for Teldrassil. Yet non of that made any sense. Tyrande wanted aid with darkshore,and didn't want the alliance to focus on Zandalar raid. But they pushed the focus of the story that way. But Tyrande wasn't a part of the raid on the city. So expect some trash writing from danuser.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    as i will point out again.
    Arthas did worse and people want to redeem him
    something something he wasn't himself excuse

But they wouldn't be caught dead using the same excuse for Sylvanas even though it's only thanks to their beloved Arthas Sylvanas became a monster and did all the shit she did lol.

Anyway, if I wanted to keep Sylvanas alive and force her on path to redemption, I'd do this: don't turn her into an apologetic puppy, just tell her if she doesn't want to get obliterated she needs to pay for her transgressions. And since sitting in a cage in Revendreth is lame as all fuck, we're not doing that lame shit. Instead, I would send her on a big quest, give her a long list of murderous tasks she has to do as punishment. Something like Twelve labours of Hercules, but ten times more extreme. So it would be like a hundred tasks if not more, for one. And make her start seeing the good only during that time, not before. Yeah, I still want a cool ending for Sylvanas, fuck you.

Alright I might be just spitballing fanfic ideas at this point.
    Last edited by bagina; 2021-02-23 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    something something he wasn't himself excuse

But they wouldn't be caught dead using the same excuse for Sylvanas even though it's only thanks to their beloved Arthas Sylvanas became a monster and did all the shit she did lol.

Anyway, if I wanted to keep Sylvanas alive and force her on path to redemption, I'd do this: don't turn her into an apologetic puppy, just tell her if she doesn't want to get obliterated she needs to pay for her transgressions. And since sitting in a cage in Revendreth is lame as all fuck, we're not doing that lame shit. Instead, I would send her on a big quest, give her a long list of murderous tasks she has to do as punishment. Something like Twelve labours of Hercules, but ten times more extreme. So it would be like a hundred tasks if not more, for one. And make her start seeing the good only during that time, not before. Yeah, I still want a cool ending for Sylvanas, fuck you.

Alright I might be just spitballing fanfic ideas at this point.
    i am just really tired of this crap. Arthas destroys his kingdom and genocides the high elves and yet Sylvanas some how did way worse.

i am just really tired of this crap. Arthas destroys his kingdom and genocides the high elves and yet Sylvanas some how did way worse.
    Mind listing what Sylvanas has done since she was turned undead?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Mind listing what Sylvanas has done since she was turned undead?
    what are you even trying to get at?

what are you even trying to get at?
    Curious if you can list the things she has done since she was turned undead- or rather, since she escaped Arthas' control.