Question Can a solo demo get good use out of VW/VL?

I have a “gameplay Vs character concept” dilemma that I hope my fellow warlocks can shed some light on.

My main warlock character has aligned mightily in concept with the shadowy elements of affliction spec since time immemorial, but I also love the gameplay of current demonology. As I identify conceptually with affliction and its shadowy roots, I love my void lord pet, and so here is my question:

Assuming I relegate my affliction spec to being my “group spec,” how useful is the void walker/lord to a soloing demonologist? Yes, I know from asking demo friends that the fel/wrathguard is a primary DPS contributor, but wouldn’t a void walker also benefit from the demon-empowering spec in a significant way that makes it “not laughable?”... Or is the fel/wrathguard just so singularly superior that even a soloist not having to think about group performance is just utterly gimping themselves by not using them?

Thanks in advance for any and all helpful replies!

As long as you're having fun when you're playing solo, do what you want. I can't think of any solo content you'd outright be unable to do by using a Void* pet as Demo. Maybe higher levels of Twisting Corridors, but those are honestly more about what anima powers you get than anything else so even that might be possible.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

You can probably make it work in Torghast because of the anima powers but there is zero situation outside of that in which you would ever want to use Voidwalker. Maybe questing/solo world content

Open world content you could do easily enough with the void pets (or any pets, or no pets). Just understand that several of your talents won't even work. I think your felguard contributes like 15-20% of your damage single target, much more on multitarget. The loss in damage will be significant, but if you're not doing any content where damage done really matters, do whatever you enjoy