Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by vandris View Post
    And that is considered good? I can make more with mission tables on alts + the callings, and some selling on the AH here and there.
    No, of course not. But it provides a simple baseline. If you can't make that much, you're doing something horribly wrong.

  2. #42
    I am Murloc! Scoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    Why would anyone bot raids when you can have 10 druids picking up plants?
    I'm not sure if it's the same in WoW, but on RuneScape theres a lot of bot farms which bot in obscure places which may not necessarily be as profitable as other methods simply to increase the longevity of their bot farms until they get banned. For example there were (or still are) bots who would choose to bot buying obscure items, making them maybe 50k gold per hour profit, versus using significantly more profitable methods purely because it'd take longer to get banned using that method versus the more profitable ones.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the same in WoW, but on RuneScape theres a lot of bot farms which bot in obscure places which may not necessarily be as profitable as other methods simply to increase the longevity of their bot farms until they get banned. For example there were (or still are) bots who would choose to bot buying obscure items, making them maybe 50k gold per hour profit, versus using significantly more profitable methods purely because it'd take longer to get banned using that method versus the more profitable ones.
    Or put another way, the profit of a bot is income/time*lifetime. Half earnings for 3 times as long is a better total.

  4. #44
    Regardless of how many herbs the bots pick on my realm the goblins just auto-buy anything cheap and reset the price to make a profit - some items haven’t dropped at all with all the botting ( and my little contribution to the mat stack gets me enough to feel satisfied)!

  5. #45
    High Overlord Valrysha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You new? They do this like every expansion.
    They already did it in the prepatch, this is another 40-70% nerf (depending on expansion) to vendor prices, on top of the huge reduction a few months ago.

  6. #46
    Immortal Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    7,086
    First of all, keep in mind that Blizzard has been trying to remove gold from the wow economy ever since the end of WoD, when Garrisons apparantly caused massive inflation.

    Then, keep in mind that apparantly 22 billion gold circulates the WoW psuedo-economy on a daily basis. And on retail, 71% of that goes through the AH. 5% is removed - roughly 780 million gold gets removed through the AH on a daily basis.

    And apparantly more then that much gold gets added on a daily basis. Now I don't know how much - Whether it's an extremely slight increase over time or if it's already at 30 billion circulating daily, but it's still quite the problem.

    With that said, IF Blizzard was to make it to where old content dropped 10-15 pieces of loot per boss, but it only vendord for like 10s, I would be happy with that change, since that would mean much less time spent chasing after old collectibles.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2021-02-19 at 10:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by vandris View Post
    And that is considered good? I can make more with mission tables on alts + the callings, and some selling on the AH here and there.
    I never said its good I said it's easy to do and use semi automated method, if you can server hop and kill him on other realms you can basically kill him without downtime and probably get to 2.5k-3k gold, if you like leave it over night that can be above 20k and risk of being reported are very low compared to all the bots and multiboxer that farm herbs/ore. I reported in shadowlands probably over 60 and got ingame mail from blizzard that because of my reports some or many have been banned or they broke the rules and they took actions against them.
    Now. If you can get 20kg while you sleep you can make 600k/month I know not much but its easy, you are less likely to be reported since place isn't that visited ( you need flying mount), it's alliance only....

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    First of all, keep in mind that Blizzard has been trying to remove gold from the wow economy ever since the end of WoD, when Garrisons apparantly caused massive inflation.
    Since the end of Legion, actually, as its tables were much worse than WoD. By the end of Legion I was making 55k gold per day.

    Aside from the 5m gold mount I haven't made an appreciable dent in my savings since. Still got like 15 million gold sitting around.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    "Normal gameplay", lol. I make just enough to buy a token when I put in a little extra effort. I shudder to think what you consider "normal".
    i made a ton of gold post legion / early BFA running normal legion and mythic wod raids for transmog, before the nerfs. i could clear 3-5k for each wod raid, and if you did it on a few alts i'd be making 20-30k gold a week with maybe 2-3 hours effort.

    tokens dropped very cheap mid-BFA, as players unsubscribed at record amounts. snagged a ton of tokens for 75-90k.

    today its much harder. just doing mission tables and covenant dailies on a single character at the moment, will take me 2 months of play to afford a token i suspect.

  10. #50
    the efficient method of earning gold is selling carries. wither pvp or m+ or raids. one high key can earn you over 50k in less than an hour. everything else is a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Since the end of Legion, actually, as its tables were much worse than WoD. By the end of Legion I was making 55k gold per day.

    Aside from the 5m gold mount I haven't made an appreciable dent in my savings since. Still got like 15 million gold sitting around.
    What activities were generating that much gold?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    What activities were generating that much gold?
    Table missions, refreshed 2-3x/day across 11 max-level characters.

  13. #53
    There's 50x druid bots farming Iron Docks 24/7

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Table missions, refreshed 2-3x/day across 11 max-level characters.
    Ah, was never that big a fan of the mission tables.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    First of all, keep in mind that Blizzard has been trying to remove gold from the wow economy ever since the end of WoD, when Garrisons apparantly caused massive inflation.

    Then, keep in mind that apparantly 22 billion gold circulates the WoW psuedo-economy on a daily basis. And on retail, 71% of that goes through the AH. 5% is removed - roughly 780 million gold gets removed through the AH on a daily basis.

    And apparantly more then that much gold gets added on a daily basis. Now I don't know how much - Whether it's an extremely slight increase over time or if it's already at 30 billion circulating daily, but it's still quite the problem.

    With that said, IF Blizzard was to make it to where old content dropped 10-15 pieces of loot per boss, but it only vendord for like 10s, I would be happy with that change, since that would mean much less time spent chasing after old collectibles.
    That is just not true. Legion missions were much more broken.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-02-20 at 07:01 PM.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Ah, was never that big a fan of the mission tables.
    Neither was I, I despised every nanosecond doing it, but it was just too much money to stop.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Neither was I, I despised every nanosecond doing it, but it was just too much money to stop.
    I dunno man, even if it's only taking you a minute on each character you're probably still earning less than minimum wage compared to buying a token, and that's before taking into account the preparation of leveling all the followers. You definitely would have to pay me a lot more than that to play the table 30 odd times a day for a year.

  18. #58
    Immortal Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    7,086
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    That is just not true. Legion missions were much more broken.
    You could up to 2000 gold with a properly setup Garrision mission. Whereas with Legion, while there were a couple high-rolling missions, even the highest was only something around 700. Legion missions also took longer then Garrison missions, and you weren't able to have as many active Legion missions compared to Garrison Missions (25 followers with Garrison compared to 7, only 6 if you properly had a bodyguard with Legion). You may be remembering the 150 extra gold you could have acquired on every WQ with a geared follower instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  19. #59
    I am Murloc! gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    5,057
    I've seen the patch notes, can anyone confirm that this pertains to selling items that are below item level 75 or if this is a reduction/change in the cost to BUY items from a vendor that are item level 75 or lower? I think people are forgetting that every expansion has items on vendors that you can purchase for gold. The patch notes simply say "Vendor prices for items below item level 75 have been adjusted" which does not state "the amount received from selling an item to a vendor that is below 75 has been adjusted".

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I dunno man, even if it's only taking you a minute on each character you're probably still earning less than minimum wage compared to buying a token, and that's before taking into account the preparation of leveling all the followers. You definitely would have to pay me a lot more than that to play the table 30 odd times a day for a year.
    You're not wrong, dude.

    That said, the lucrative job offers looking to pay me for the twenty minutes I spent every day messing with my phone while taking a poop were few and far between.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-02-20 at 10:45 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •