Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    You are accusing botting when the reason is likely much simpler. They want you to purchase tokens instead

  2. #82
    Blizz only allows boosting to make gold in the current economy

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    400-800gold/hour is extremely low income even with raw gold farming..Just saying
    That's bottom low amount, with server hoping ( if possible ) and if you can do more dps you can make 3k, less chance to get reported since basically no one goes there and if you bit for 10 hours/day you can make close to a million/month. Yes it's not much but for people who hate farming herbs/ore it's not that bad

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    You are accusing botting when the reason is likely much simpler. They want you to purchase tokens instead
    No conspiracy here. Blizzard does indeed want you to buy tokens because they generate $20/month as opposed to $15/month for a subscription, but they don't care how much gold tokens sell for, because it's a transaction between players. It doesn't create or remove gold from the economy.

    They do care how much gold is in the economy, because inflation is a real problem. And they do care about botters, because they are a major source of inflation and of course fraud.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Blizzard doesn't want you buying tokens with gold, catch my drift?
    Yes, i catch your drift. Specificially, you have no clue how tokens work. Somebody has to pay the gold cost for you to get anything out of it. They don't generate money, they transfer it between players.

    Blizzard definitely wants you buying token with gold because the system relies on that to function. A token not sold on the AH is worthless.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=320982/...orghas?webhook

    "Vendor prices for items below item level 75 have been adjusted."

    The above makes me sick. I run old raids for xmog and gold on most of my toons so I can get a WoW token for game time. The squish hurt me but this method was still viable. The % nerf isn't stated but if it hurts it worse that will make me want to consider quitting for awhile.
    yes its stupid, because gold was an option to have if the xmog run was not succesful, now doing a fail run is just a waste of time without gold

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You do realize it's a transaction, right, for every token sold, someone has to buy it.
    This will sound a bit conspiracy theorist, but I'd love to see actual proof of this. Has anyone ever put a token up for sale and not had it sell within a day or 2?

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This will sound a bit conspiracy theorist, but I'd love to see actual proof of this.
    Because it is. And there is no practical way to prove the function to you save for Blizzard releasing the code. Which, frankly, isn't worth it.

  9. #89
    Bloodsail Admiral Phurox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Garrison, Frostfire Ridge
    Posts
    1,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Only thing I hate with these nerfs is they keep the cost of things up, but keep making cuts to gold making. you aren't hurting the guy whos sitting on 3 characters at gold cap, you are hurting the guy who has 500k-2M~ gold from farming, and also closing the door for toughs who want to try building up some gold in the future.
    It's not that bad because Blizzard has a solution for them.

    "Hey, buy our wow tokens and exchange them for gold".

    Greedy company.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This will sound a bit conspiracy theorist, but I'd love to see actual proof of this. Has anyone ever put a token up for sale and not had it sell within a day or 2?
    It isn't as common now but when the system first released it was very possible to have no tokens available for purchase. The system works as stated. If you want to question it then you need to provide proof rather then assume it is faulty unless others can prove it isn't. Your original comment also shows a fundamental lack of understanding about tokens.

    It does not generate wealth only shifts it. So in order for a person to buy one with gold another person always has to put one up that they bought from Blizzard. Gold does not get generated by the system only transferred between two players.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-02-22 at 03:49 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #91
    Do I really look like a guy with a plan?

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It isn't as common now but when the system first released it was very possible to have no tokens available for purchase. The system works as stated. If you want to question it then you need to provide proof rather then assume it is faulty unless others can prove it isn't. Your original comment also shows a fundamental lack of understanding about tokens.

    It does not generate wealth only shifts it. So in order for a person to buy one with gold another person always has to put one up that they bought from Blizzard. Gold does not get generated by the system only transferred between two players.

    There's no lack of understanding at all. Blizzard has no issue with gold being injected into the system, as we can see with how infinitely available it is in-game in the first place, and how over the course of time it's been given to players in larger and larger quantities for even the most rudimentary tasks.

    You can choose to believe that it's another player that is finalizing that token transaction, but nothing in the system actually indicates that this is what happens 100% of the time.

  13. #93
    Of course gold is injected into the system. It's a closed system and people stop playing, removing that currency from the world permanently. That doesn't mean the devs don't care about inflation, they very much do. As of BFA, anyway.

    Blizzard told us tokens are exclusively exchanges between players. If you're calling them liars that's fun for you, but until there's evidence of that I'll just chuckle and keep on walkin'.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Of course gold is injected into the system. It's a closed system and people stop playing, removing that currency from the world permanently. That doesn't mean the devs don't care about inflation, they very much do. As of BFA, anyway.

    Blizzard told us tokens are exclusively exchanges between players. If you're calling them liars that's fun for you, but until there's evidence of that I'll just chuckle and keep on walkin'.
    There's no way prices can be as high as they currently are without constant injections of gold. We haven't had massive raw gold generation since Legion.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    There's no way prices can be as high as they currently are without constant injections of gold. We haven't had massive raw gold generation since Legion.
    It's certainly slowed way down since Legion, sure. At the same time, everybody's making 2k gold per day per character with callings now. And while it's true that 2k per max-level character per day is less than half of my income in Legion, that income was passive from mission tables, it took me 15 seconds per character. The difference is a lot more people are doing it.

    The WoW economy is still inflationary, as it must be-- think how much it would suck to play all day and end up losing money on repairs and flightpaths. It's just less inflationary than WoD or Legion.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    You are accusing botting when the reason is likely much simpler. They want you to purchase tokens instead
    doesn't make any sense...since tokens doesn't generate any gold just shifts it around. If it's to sell more tokens and they make gold income lower all it does is lower the price of tokens.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    There's no lack of understanding at all. Blizzard has no issue with gold being injected into the system, as we can see with how infinitely available it is in-game in the first place, and how over the course of time it's been given to players in larger and larger quantities for even the most rudimentary tasks.
    It is a game so gold will always be injected into the system by Blizzard. Blizzard has though toned down the easy amounts of gold so your argument already falls flat. The token only shifts wealth. It does not create it or drain it. Blizzard has stated this. We know this is the case since tokens have run out in the past which means there is no drain or generation of gold happening.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    There's no way prices can be as high as they currently are without constant injections of gold. We haven't had massive raw gold generation since Legion.
    Prices are currently around the same low they were in 2018. They are starting to go up though. It isn't massive but you can still easily cover a token a month if you want to. My only source of gold is selling herbs from the venthyr perk, selling DE crystals from WQ, augments from missions, callings, and the other random stuff thrown in. I've bought several tokens and am sitting on 300k gold.

    Not a lot by any means but still reasonable to obtain a token here or there with little effort. I do all of that while doing WQ's for anima on one character.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •