Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    Why would anyone bot raids when you can have 10 druids picking up plants?
    When you have 1000 bots picking flowers already it's nice to give them a change of scenery.

10+ Year Old Account
    You new? They do this like every expansion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

So you dont know the amount of the nerf (or if it even is one) but you feel sick and like quitting. I really don't think its the game where you should be looking at for the source of your problems.

Was doing last minute gathering for them Coins of Ancestry for the Lunar Event for the toys I was missing... had to get 70 coins, and noticed even the gold off those were nerfed... just 34 silver each, recall them giving decent quest gold... -.-;
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-02-19 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=320982/...orghas?webhook

"Vendor prices for items below item level 75 have been adjusted."

The above makes me sick. I run old raids for xmog and gold on most of my toons so I can get a WoW token for game time. The squish hurt me but this method was still viable. The % nerf isn't stated but if it hurts it worse that will make me want to consider quitting for awhile.
    Not really a nerf to gold. They have adjusted the pricing of old content for a while now, common actions taken.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Farm current content instead. Skinning + herbalism gives me more in less time than old raids did.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Farm current content instead. Skinning + herbalism gives me more in less time than old raids did.
    than old raids EVER did!! I’ve had more fun farming the past month or so than I ever had and earned more gold since the salvage yard gave out rate xmog!!

I find farming gold in SL actually better than most expansions. Yes it does require a bit of effort to get exalted with all the covenant factions to really start seeing the gold come in, but no more effort than farming old raids.

From one paragon cache you can get 3- 5k gold, from doing dailies alone you can bring in a few thousand gold. It was nice to be able to get thousands from old content but i imagine blizzard prefer people to be farming current content

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    The WoW tokens were too good, although needed as a gold sink to offset inflation thanks to Garrisons + Legion.

Now that the economies of realms are somewhat reset (or flattened), their new problem is bots and farmers.

i paid for a year of tokens + shadowlands (ugh) with just normal gameplay over the past two years. its taking a lot longer to buy tokens now, which is likely their intent...as it stands i'll probably have to spend real world $ this summer to keep playing TBC.
    "Normal gameplay", lol. I make just enough to buy a token when I put in a little extra effort. I shudder to think what you consider "normal".

They don't want you farming gold they want you buying tokens for gold. It's so in your face now that I'm amazed there are any shills left defending it. There is no real farming left in the game, if you need gold you buy a token, if you can't afford your rank 4 leg you buy a token. That's modern WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    As a guy who buys 3 to 5 tokens a month because fuck chores and fuck grinding gold in this game, I am in no way impacted by this.
    If people are earning less gold then tokens will sell for less so you may have to pay a bit more out of your pocket.

I say "if" because I'm making plenty of gold just from the daily Covenant quests, 3 characters gets me 5-6k gold a day in less than an hour. Way more a week than I could have got running them through raids.

Last night I hadn't logged in for a few days on two characters and all their quests were for Ardenweald (do 3 dailies, defend the zone, defeat powerful foes) which pulled in 11k in just over half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Is it a nerf? They already nerfed them so adjusted could mean increase. Unless this is to curb bfa farming
    Your badge suggests otherwise, but your post would seem like you were new to this

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    They don't want you farming gold they want you buying tokens for gold. It's so in your face now that I'm amazed there are any shills left defending it. There is no real farming left in the game, if you need gold you buy a token, if you can't afford your rank 4 leg you buy a token. That's modern WoW.
    What are you talking about? SL pretty much throws money at you if you can be bothered to pick it up. Most rune vessels aren't particularly expensive, either, now that people got their skills up.

Token are for those to lazy to actually put any effort in. They wouldn't be worth much if nobody would be doing it, though, since the gold still comes from other players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If people are earning less gold then tokens will sell for less so you may have to pay a bit more out of your pocket.

I say "if" because I'm making plenty of gold just from the daily Covenant quests, 3 characters gets me 5-6k gold a day in less than an hour. Way more a week than I could have got running them through raids.

Last night I hadn't logged in for a few days on two characters and all their quests were for Ardenweald (do 3 dailies, defend the zone, defeat powerful foes) which pulled in 11k in just over half an hour.
    People seem to have completely missed that WQ and Callings give a lot more gold in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    We can also blame Blizzard for failing to address botting and instead punishing legit players with a blanket nerf.
    Fairly sure they are addressing bottling. People get banned for it and they make bot programs detectable for easier bans. Also I'm fairly sure that they recently went after a site that made bot making easier which announced they would shut down due to blizzard.

If you mean addressing by absolutely make it impossible to ever make a bot then that will never happen. People just make new kinds of bots when a previous method is curbed.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Was doing last minute gathering for them Coins of Ancestry for the Lunar Event for the toys I was missing... had to get 70 coins, and noticed even the gold off those were nerfed... just 34 silver each, recall them giving decent quest gold... -.-;
    Yeah I was rather disappointed. Wonder if they have done the same with the midsummer bonfires.

You could just get a real job - then buying a token once in a while when you need it is just using the system as intended- feeling entitled to grind up enough gold to pay your sub ( grimly with time to complain) suggests you work reeeeel cheap as yeah, 5k gold an hour for a geared focused player is a decent reward and adds up to allow that needed upgrade or vanity item but if you need that gold to be able to play then this isn’t the right game for you in my opinion.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    Why would anyone bot raids when you can have 10 druids picking up plants?
    Devil's Advocate: Herb farming doesn't add gold into the economy. If anything, AH cuts cause a bit of gold to be removed from it. Not that that necessarily justifies this nerf, nor does it mean that mat botting isn't still a huge issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The problem is raw gold generation, because that's inherently inflationary. Raw gold is when you loot gold off a monster, vendor an item, or get gold from a table mission or quest, where it's created out of nothing. That's a real problem when bots or companies using labor arbitrage to get third-world people to play for pennies get involved.

Farming herbs and selling them to another player on the auction house is much more profitable on a gold per hour spent term but is actually slightly deflationary due to the AH cut.
    Let's not talk about what makes sense in RL about a game. We also lose money to "nothing" - repairs, gold mounts, crafting mats (a piece of thread is 9g).

If you have semi automated bit you can farm trade prince donais ( as alliance only I think), he is quite easy to solo now. I can do it easily as balance druid with ilvl200 and my hp doesn't go below 99% at any point. He drops from 50-100g pure and respawns every 5min I think. So basically you can kill abouy 8x/ hour depending on your dps. That's 400-800g pure every hour.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    If you have semi automated bit you can farm trade prince donais ( as alliance only I think), he is quite easy to solo now. I can do it easily as balance druid with ilvl200 and my hp doesn't go below 99% at any point. He drops from 50-100g pure and respawns every 5min I think. So basically you can kill abouy 8x/ hour depending on your dps. That's 400-800g pure every hour.
    And that is considered good? I can make more with mission tables on alts + the callings, and some selling on the AH here and there.