Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You're not wrong, dude.

That said, the lucrative job offers looking to pay me for the twenty minutes I spent every day messing with my phone while taking a poop were few and far between.
    So if I ate less fibre I could be a WoW millionaire by now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup just what we needed
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Hindsight is 20/20 amirite

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I've seen the patch notes, can anyone confirm that this pertains to selling items that are below item level 75 or if this is a reduction/change in the cost to BUY items from a vendor that are item level 75 or lower? I think people are forgetting that every expansion has items on vendors that you can purchase for gold. The patch notes simply say "Vendor prices for items below item level 75 have been adjusted" which does not state "the amount received from selling an item to a vendor that is below 75 has been adjusted".
    That's the same: selling price is actually a percentage of the buying price. So when the buying price goes down, the selling price goes down too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    The above makes me sick. I run old raids for xmog and gold on most of my toons so I can get a WoW token for game time. The squish hurt me but this method was still viable. The % nerf isn't stated but if it hurts it worse that will make me want to consider quitting for awhile.
    Just become a Venthyr, herbalist, and enchanter. The passive herbs from the Theotar perk add up over time. The Crystals from the epic gear world quests add up even though not as lucrative. And herbalism of course is self explanatory. Even if you don't add in herbalism the Venthyr perk still adds up. Do missions for mats or the new augment runes and you add in small amounts (runes equal or more then epic crystals on my realm)

It is a slow and steady income while doing stuff to earn anima. Not a gold mine by any means but an easy thing to do.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Get 3 max toons
    Do callings
    Grats you can afford your sub

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    If you have semi automated bit you can farm trade prince donais ( as alliance only I think), he is quite easy to solo now. I can do it easily as balance druid with ilvl200 and my hp doesn't go below 99% at any point. He drops from 50-100g pure and respawns every 5min I think. So basically you can kill abouy 8x/ hour depending on your dps. That's 400-800g pure every hour.
    400-800gold/hour is extremely low income even with raw gold farming..Just saying

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    That's the same: selling price is actually a percentage of the buying price. So when the buying price goes down, the selling price goes down too.
    Its actually not the same thing. Items purchased from a vendor aren't items that can be found as a drop from anything. They are only available from purchase from a vendor. Just because an item sold at a vendor has its price reduced does not mean that ALL items that are drops have had their prices dropped when selling it to a vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    "Vendor prices for items below item level 75 have been adjusted."
    "But you know what hasn't been adjusted, MAU walker? The value of a WoW token!" - Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    "But you know what hasn't been adjusted, MAU walker? The value of a WoW token!" - Blizzard
    Reducing the amount of gold in the economy reduces the gold value of the token. Can't buy token with gold you don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Reducing the amount of gold in the economy reduces the gold value of the token. Can't buy token with gold you don't have.
    Blizzard doesn't want you buying tokens with gold, catch my drift?

You do realize it's a transaction, right, for every token sold, someone has to buy it. If no one buys them.... no one sells them, and blizzard stops making bank.

As for the topic, there are so many better ways to making gold than relying on the 1k you made from farming old raids...

The new adventure table is massive. I don't even go for the mat bags (so i wont waste anima) and just do the Veiled Augments and gold ones and have been making so much -passive- gold. Add more chars, get more gold. Just send them out a couple of times per day, via the mobile app while on the toilet or chilling on the couch.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-02-21 at 05:44 AM.

Blizzard actually make more money if you buy a token with gold than if you bought a month of sub straight from the store, so I'm pretty sure they don't mind you subbing with gold

I'm more annoyed by the lack of a release date. 8+ more weeks of Castle Nathria is daunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggun View Post
    I'm more annoyed by the lack of a release date. 8+ more weeks of Castle Nathria is daunting.
    People might actually be able to gear up in CN gear in that time. Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You could up to 2000 gold with a properly setup Garrision mission. Whereas with Legion, while there were a couple high-rolling missions, even the highest was only something around 700. Legion missions also took longer then Garrison missions, and you weren't able to have as many active Legion missions compared to Garrison Missions (25 followers with Garrison compared to 7, only 6 if you properly had a bodyguard with Legion). You may be remembering the 150 extra gold you could have acquired on every WQ with a geared follower instead?
    That is just false. Look it up. The Argus ones had a base gold of 700-900 with a bous of 1500, so that's 2500+ gold, and they were usually availavle daily or evety 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Its actually not the same thing. Items purchased from a vendor aren't items that can be found as a drop from anything. They are only available from purchase from a vendor. Just because an item sold at a vendor has its price reduced does not mean that ALL items that are drops have had their prices dropped when selling it to a vendor.
    That's true, but i doubt that blizzard will exclude Vendor-items from it: it's easier to reduce flatly all items below ilvl 75 then excluding only these from the vendors.

Blizz nerfed gold.. What are you gonna do about it

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    As a guy who buys 3 to 5 tokens a month because fuck chores and fuck grinding gold in this game, I am in no way impacted by this.
    What in the world could you possibly be buying that would merit needing 3 to 5 tokens worth of gold monthly? The game throws gold at you for even the simplest of tasks. Short of buying boosts all the time, just normally playing the game somebody should be in the black constantly
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    What in the world could you possibly be buying that would merit needing 3 to 5 tokens worth of gold monthly? The game throws gold at you for even the simplest of tasks. Short of buying boosts all the time, just normally playing the game somebody should be in the black constantly
    I've never bought a content boost.

I have a number of toons with Rank 4 Legendaries. Shit's expensive. I like to tryhard in M+ so I also spend 1-200k/mo on flasks and potions. I play on a very high pop realm and flasks run 800g-1k a piece. A stack of potions is 5-10k depending on the day I buy them.

As for why I'm not "in the black," I'm sure I could if I bothered to do Callings and shit. But that shit repulses me on a level that is hard to adequately put into words. I find dailies to be the absolute worst content in this game so I avoid them whenever possible. (For example, despite having completed all other steps for Pathfinder ~a month after 8.2, due to my disgust with Mechagon dailies I didn't get flying in BfA until the last week of the second 100% reputation bonus Blizzard gave us; and I did it mostly for the Essences anyway.) Additionally, I've hated mission tables since WoD so I don't bother with them. In the past I would raid Mythic and boost runs would supplement the way I play the game but now that I'm significantly more casual this is no longer an option. Tokens allow me to ignore the content in the game I don't care much for (grinding) and allow me to do more of the stuff I do enjoy (tryharding in M+ for no fucking reason).
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-02-21 at 01:36 PM.