Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Arthas and Bolvar were not even dead themselves.
    Arthas was very much dead.

As for Bolvar, what he is was left rather unclear.

Formerly known as Arafal

Suddenly, Varian's forgotten brother returns from hiding, having promised to claim the throne should Anduin fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    He'll probably be brought back from undeath after he's defeated with the help of the eternal ones

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Bolvar was burned by Dragon fire which is why he looks like that. Nothing to do with the helm
    Ah sorry I never followed the story Alliance side and I did not remember him having this look already before wearing the helm in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Ah sorry I never followed the story Alliance side and I did not remember him having this look already before wearing the helm in WotLK.
    It's not really an Alliance-side story necessarily. He's literally chained above the Frozen Throne in ICC when you fight Arthas. Did you not do ICC either? Or watch the cutscene at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    It's not really an Alliance-side story necessarily. He's literally chained above the Frozen Throne in ICC when you fight Arthas. Did you not do ICC either? Or watch the cutscene at the end?
    No, I stopped raiding mid TBC, so I didn’t do it.

I watched the cutscene of course but some years has passed, I did not remember he was that bad shaped already so I thought it was a weird side effect of the helm on him for “reasons”.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-02-19 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Arthas was definitely dead as of the moment he tore his literal heart out and tossed it down into Naz'anak beneath Icecrown Citadel, if not before when Frostmourne consumed his soul. Bolvar wasn't dead and he wasn't really alive anymore - he was caught in between states as he died from the Blight but was reanimated by the flames of the Red Dragonflight. I'd say he probably qualifies as undead, albeit not in the same way Necromancy creates undead beings.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    The way I see it is Anduin is 100% alive and 100% not a death Knight.

I believe Anduin has become a Domination Knight full with the power of Maw.

I suspect he will have a mix of domination/fire magic.
    Keep in mind, Anduin is void touched.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SigmaShift View Post
    Keep in mind, Anduin is void touched.
    Off that info one could speculate that if being void-touched can help render domination magic weaker.

Sylvanas will undo Anduin's "corrupted death" after we beat her in the raid. It'll be her act of redemption as she dies and gives a speech about being free and making choices.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Headcanon, I see.
    Not really, I read about it on one of the WoW wikis once. So if I am mistaken or if I was deceived into taking false information as canon I apologize. No need to be an ass, I genuinely intended to help add to the conversation.

Besides, some Death Knights were created from embittered paladins via taking a vow and receiving a runeblade specifically made for them and through progressive corruption they became undead. But I guess that was from the now non-canon RPG. My mistake.
    Last edited by Three Faced Goddess; 2021-02-19 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Mistaken
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Arthas was definitely dead as of the moment he tore his literal heart out and tossed it down into Naz'anak beneath Icecrown Citadel, if not before when Frostmourne consumed his soul. Bolvar wasn't dead and he wasn't really alive anymore - he was caught in between states as he died from the Blight but was reanimated by the flames of the Red Dragonflight. I'd say he probably qualifies as undead, albeit not in the same way Necromancy creates undead beings.
    That's why I've always seen Bolvar as undead. Not in the necromantic sense, but in the sense that he's neither truly dead or alive anymore. People seem to forget there are different types and tiers of undeath as well as different causes.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Arthas was very much dead.

As for Bolvar, what he is was left rather unclear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Arthas was absolutely dead from the moment he took up frostmourn hell he cuts his heart out later on.

Neither of which means Anduin is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    SPOILERS AHEAD

Since Anduin is going to die and be resurrected as a DK that means that the Wrynn dynasty is extinct. No heirs can be produced. Who will take over Stormwind?

-Looks at Turalyon and Alleria's heir-
    He has more plot armor than Thrall and all of Warcraft cast combined, bro. He is not going to die and he is alive in the comics being a fucking grampa at 110 years old. I hate Christie Golden and her absolutely terrible writing.

Unless it leaves permanent noteworthy damage to Anduin and changes his character after he is rescued it is a meaningless development. So lets see how Anduin behaves at the end of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Why are all lich kings humans.
    They're not

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    He has more plot armor than Thrall and all of Warcraft cast combined, bro. He is not going to die and he is alive in the comics being a fucking grampa at 110 years old. I hate Christie Golden and her absolutely terrible writing.
    That comic was written by Robert Brooks, not Christie Golden.

Blizzard also backpedalled on it later by calling it a "possible future".

15+ Year Old Account
    Just throwing it out there SOMEONE called it back in early January that this would happen....

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...mp-Anduin-dead

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    unless they shit on their own lore again (as usual...), it is very clear that Anduin didn't sleep with anything, male or female
    not to mention official lore he has hots for dwarf or draenei females (can't remember) not humans in first place either
    I mean draenei got that booty

I'm more interested in wether or not we get Tyrande back tbh.