Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lol level (33 atm) in dungeons and am being destroyed as feral by other classes

Is this just the way it is? i had a big brohaha as someone in the group made fun of the groups dps and mine is quite low.

I am working very hard as compared to my many other toons to do absymal dps now, i try to multidot with rip, stagger the tigers fury buff on a series of attacks and if its packs do the thrash. the only thing that remotely seems like its hitting nicely is a 5 point tigers fury buffed up FB.

As i get up higher does my gap close? i am not really caring about topping charts just trying to not get booted out of groups

I can't believe there is evidence here that more than 1 person cares about DPS in leveling dungeons (you, and someone in your group).

DPS in dungeons while leveling has always been irrelevant, as classes and specs differ while leveling. It's even more irrelevant now with scaling. It's impossible to mathematically matter. There is no way DPS addons are accurate.

Some specs also just do ridiculous damage in the lower levels in comparison to others, MM in particular will out dps just about everyone without even trying.

It all comes down too to the fact Blizzard almost entirely ignores class balance below max level. They could've gone through each class and made sure each one had the same power creep as they leveled up, but they didn't. So while one spec got their high dps abilities at level 25, you might not see yours until much higher.

But, yes, in the end it doesn't matter what everyone's DPS is as long as the group is progressing and the dungeon is being completed.
    I'm a thread killer.

Primal wrath is key to doing some good aoe on feral and that doesnt unlock as a talent option till 45. If other classes get their good aoe talents earlier than that they will dominate you. Leveling at that range is so fast it wont be long till things start balancing out around 50.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I can't believe there is evidence here that more than 1 person cares about DPS in leveling dungeons (you, and someone in your group).

DPS in dungeons while leveling has always been irrelevant, as classes and specs differ while leveling. It's even more irrelevant now with scaling. It's impossible to mathematically matter. There is no way DPS addons are accurate.
    I call bullsht. I think you can believe it. There are TONS of noobs out there that actually care about dps meters under the level cap. They are everywhere.

keep leveling, you dont have all the talents yet

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Is this just the way it is? i had a big brohaha as someone in the group made fun of the groups dps and mine is quite low.

I am working very hard as compared to my many other toons to do absymal dps now, i try to multidot with rip, stagger the tigers fury buff on a series of attacks and if its packs do the thrash. the only thing that remotely seems like its hitting nicely is a 5 point tigers fury buffed up FB.

As i get up higher does my gap close? i am not really caring about topping charts just trying to not get booted out of groups
    you won'T get replaced in random dungeons while leveling because of low DPS.

Scaling is bad, some classes are pumping high DPS and others are lacking. Lvl 10 characters out-dpsing lvl 40s

Just keep going and concentrate on what matters. Lvl 60.

scaling?

lower lvl players do more dmg in dungeons because of the scaling? hover over the other party members to see their level and if it,s lower than yours then they probably are higher on the meters as well.
    But then again, why would it matter in low lvl dungeons anyways? stuff dies so quickly and dotting normally doesn't have time to tick to do the dmg that it's supposed to do.

I think most people don't care about your dmg and you don't have to fear of getting booted out of a low lvl dungeon group, besides the groups i've been mostly in are like racing till the end and an occasional group that takes it slower.

But afaik it,s scaling what you see on the meters.
    Last edited by plukkie070; 2021-01-20 at 10:04 PM.

I’m leveling a Druid myself. Get 39, turn off exp and pvp a bit. It’s hilarious what a full geared feral can do at that level, and it allows you to blow off steam for a bit before that push to 60.

Mobs probably won't even survive fast enough to be worth DoTing at that level. Might as well just spam Ferocious Bite.

But really, no one cares much for DPS at low level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral's AoE is completely dependent on Primal Wrath. On my Feral, it makes up close to 60% of my overall AoE.

If this was a thread before Primal Wrath was added, literally the only thing ppl could tell you is "Don't bother trying to AoE as a Feral, multi-dot Rake instead". Fortunately, it's better then that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Don't worry about leveling.
    Ppl with full heirlooms will always outdps you.
    Arcane mages will outdps you.
    Anyone below lvl 20 scales way better than lvl 40 etc.
    At lvl 15 you press one button as a healer and outdps most
    Players that are lvl 40.

So yeah, don't worry about leveling dps.

Yes, feral will always be subpar to every other dps.

This expansion they are a little more decent than what they have ever been but still not quite there.

Given how quick stuff often dies in levelling dungeons, make sure you're getting full value out of the rips. Nothing worse than generating all the combo points, getting a juicy rip, and then having the mob one-shot by a hunter before it can tick. If things are dying too fast, then focus more on Ferocious Bite. Also don't forget to pool energy for FB, it consumes up to 50 for extra damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

The game isn't very balanced during leveling. Make sure to take the Predator talent for dungeons, though. It will constantly be resetting your Tiger's Fury so you can have it for every pull. Don't bother with Rip on trash, just Rake everything and FB or, if shit is dying REALLY quick, just swipe and dump CPs into FB.

10+ Year Old Account
    it just depend on your level in comparison of the others because of the scaling
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

My advice if you are leveling, especially at that level range, is go tank. Instant queue, and you will top the overall meters. Some DPS might beat you on a boss fight, but even with papa bear having lesser dmg than some other tank specs, they will still out dmg most dpsers. I leveled several tanks in the build up to SL and owned the meters with them all. I basically leveled my druid from 50-60 tanking dungeons, wasn't until about level 58 that I stopped being top of the overall meters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Bro, dont rip in dungeons. Just bite. Bite hurts alot! Problem fixxed

You can't read much into damage meters until lvl 60 due to the retarded scaling system. Feral dps is pretty good.