[Balance] Leggo choice

So I know that everyone recommended BoAT for Nightfae Druid regardless of what content you're focusing on. However, for some reason I have disregarded all the advice and went for the Primodial one.

I also played Guardian for M+ so now I have a 225 Primodial for boomkin, 210 for bear and about 1400 Soul Ash.

The question is should I craft a 190 BoAT as most boomy I see on logs are running one. My guild has just cleared Heroic last week and we are going into Mythic soon (maybe in 1 or 2 weeks). I don't want to be left behind because I don't do enough dps

Quote Originally Posted by windear View Post
    So I know that everyone recommended BoAT for Nightfae Druid regardless of what content you're focusing on. However, for some reason I have disregarded all the advice and went for the Primodial one.

I also played Guardian for M+ so now I have a 225 Primodial for boomkin, 210 for bear and about 1400 Soul Ash.

The question is should I craft a 190 BoAT as most boomy I see on logs are running one. My guild has just cleared Heroic last week and we are going into Mythic soon (maybe in 1 or 2 weeks). I don't want to be left behind because I don't do enough dps
    BoAT, rolls really well, as you do a standard opener, of wrath x 2 then an SS, pop pot, moonfire, sunfire, incarn into Convoke (convoke gets the full 4 seconds of increased crit), doing this also has a chance to pmp 4-5+ starsurges into your eclipse for wrath spam into starsurge dumps.

i usually get around 20-30k burst dps sections due to this method.

Primordial is really only good in Mythic + due to the clear aspect of the dungeon having CA up when ever you really need it, if you pool and use correctly.

on fights like Sludgefist where they have the 1 minute pillar burst windows, Primordial might pull ahead,
    but for most other fights i would stick with the BoAT as its uptime is far superior and kind of makes crit negligible on gear, swining for a Verse/Mastery gearing style if Night Fae, or a haste/Mastery if Running Kyrian.

So TLDR; BoAT is better coefficient uptime usage over Primordial on most if not all fights, even at 190 ilvl (though suggest getting it on Boots at 235 if you can sooner rather than later)
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

BoaT just fits us so nicely. 3 starsurges at the start of eclipse caps starlord for the entire duration.
    Then you just conserve energy and do it again. Doesn't even matter if we overcap a little. So no need to pay much attention to it. Essentially runs itself.

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    BoaT just fits us so nicely. 3 starsurges at the start of eclipse caps starlord for the entire duration.
    Then you just conserve energy and do it again. Doesn't even matter if we overcap a little. So no need to pay much attention to it. Essentially runs itself.
    makes sense if you run starlord, but running soul of forrest is the current go to due to the extra Solar power during an eclipse you can gain to roll into empowering it.

but it depends on the fight:
    Shriekwing - Starlord
    huntsman - Soul
    Hungering - Soul
    Inerva - Starlord
    Artificer - Starlord
    Kaelthas - Soul
    Council - Soul
    Sludge - Starlord
    Legion - Soul
    Denathrius - Soul
    Last edited by Kikazz; 2021-02-19 at 07:37 AM.

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    makes sense if you run starlord, but running soul of forrest is the current go to due to the extra Solar power during an eclipse you can gain to roll into empowering it.

Shriekwing - Starlord
    huntsman - Soul
    Hungering - Soul
    Inerva - Starlord
    Artificer - Starlord
    Kaelthas - Soul
    Council - Soul
    Sludge - Starlord
    Legion - Soul
    Denathrius - Soul
    That's news to me. Can you explain a bit more?
    What's the distinction here? On first glance it's AoE vs ST, but then there's Hungering in there. How does that work?

BoAT, rolls really well, as you do a standard opener, of wrath x 2 then an SS, pop pot, moonfire, sunfire, incarn into Convoke (convoke gets the full 4 seconds of increased crit), doing this also has a chance to pmp 4-5+ starsurges into your eclipse for wrath spam into starsurge dumps.

i usually get around 20-30k burst dps sections due to this method.

Primordial is really only good in Mythic + due to the clear aspect of the dungeon having CA up when ever you really need it, if you pool and use correctly.

on fights like Sludgefist where they have the 1 minute pillar burst windows, Primordial might pull ahead,
    but for most other fights i would stick with the BoAT as its uptime is far superior and kind of makes crit negligible on gear, swining for a Verse/Mastery gearing style if Night Fae, or a haste/Mastery if Running Kyrian.

So TLDR; BoAT is better coefficient uptime usage over Primordial on most if not all fights, even at 190 ilvl (though suggest getting it on Boots at 235 if you can sooner rather than later)
    Thanks for the great advice. I feel Primodial is extremely powerful in heavy AoE fight such as Sun King. I managed to top the meter by pulling a 98 percentile (on my ilvl bracket). But for other fights it feels quite mediocre.

What's the distinction here? On first glance it's AoE vs ST, but then there's Hungering in there. How does that work?
    Hungering shouldn't be in there, pretty sure it's a mistake. Also on Inerva you should be using soul.

Shriekwing - Starlord
    huntsman - Soul
    Hungering - Soul
    Inerva - Starlord
    Artificer - Starlord
    Kaelthas - Soul
    Council - Soul
    Sludge - Starlord
    Legion - Soul
    Denathrius - Soul
    Well for starters, warcraft logs says otherwise for some of the fights:

Hungering Destroyer - 100% starlord
    Council - 84% starlord

On the other fights the only reason why you're taking Soul is because for greater portions of the fight there's a cleave dmg, for which Soul is excellent. The extra AP from wraths isn't that great since you're already able to get enough AP for 3 SS during Solar eclipse.

Soul of the Forest is definitely NOT meta and NOT go to (for raids. It is a go to for dungeons though). I wonder if Starlord doesn't generate more AP than Soul Wraths even. 12% haste is a lot, and since you typically take it on single target fights, you always have dots on, making them tick faster, so more chance to proc shooting stars + faster cast time = faster AP generated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by faunski View Post
    Hungering shouldn't be in there, pretty sure it's a mistake. Also on Inerva you should be using soul.
    You don't. 99% go starlord on warcraft logs. It's because:

- often times adds are NOT stacked well enough for cleave
    - some classes can immune the spawn add
    - adds spawn isnt often enough to warrant taking soul over starlord
    - typically you just have to burst down the small add so starlord is more important
    - dps on inerva is super important for proper timings and generally not to get overwhelmed with double vials and laser shrooms

Also there's no reason you should be potting before dotting. They snapshot

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Also there's no reason you should be potting before dotting. They snapshot
    You mean they don't, otherwise there would be a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You mean they don't, otherwise there would be a reason.
    Yeah my bad

its all about the movement on the fight,

do you go soul for better astral power regen so you can Starsurge on movement,
    or do you go the extra haste from starlord so you can squeeze spells during movement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by windear View Post
    Thanks for the great advice. I feel Primodial is extremely powerful in heavy AoE fight such as Sun King. I managed to top the meter by pulling a 98 percentile (on my ilvl bracket). But for other fights it feels quite mediocre.
    yep on an AOE fight, running solstice and Twin moons is broken like that fight, just due to pure astral power regen to spending allows for more uptime on CA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Well for starters, warcraft logs says otherwise for some of the fights:

Hungering Destroyer - 100% starlord
    Council - 84% starlord

On the other fights the only reason why you're taking Soul is because for greater portions of the fight there's a cleave dmg, for which Soul is excellent. The extra AP from wraths isn't that great since you're already able to get enough AP for 3 SS during Solar eclipse.

Soul of the Forest is definitely NOT meta and NOT go to (for raids. It is a go to for dungeons though). I wonder if Starlord doesn't generate more AP than Soul Wraths even. 12% haste is a lot, and since you typically take it on single target fights, you always have dots on, making them tick faster, so more chance to proc shooting stars + faster cast time = faster AP generated.

- - - Updated - - -
    its all about playstyle, if your playing in the top of the range %, stick with the cookie cutter, but some people excel playing differently.

Well sometime having a different build is ok, but I don't think you should give them as advice to others players. Litteraly nobody use twin moons over stellar drift on kaelthas. And SoTF is just worse than starlord on hungering, with or without movement, you only do 3 ss during an eclipse, with both talents...
    Last edited by Thorcall; 2021-02-26 at 04:52 AM.

its all about playstyle, if your playing in the top of the range %, stick with the cookie cutter, but some people excel playing differently.
    You said SotF is the current "go to" which is false. Your playstyle and kind of guild you play in have no relevance here. Logs and guides say an opposite things to what you said, simple as that. You can go with treants in raids for all I care and say it's your "playstyle" (which btw is stupid argument. Dont hide behind "freedom of choice" when you're simply making ineffective decisions), but don't say it's a "go to". And more importantly, if you're not in the "top of the range %", don't give advices, especially such which contradict what actual "top of the range %" players say (not talking about me obviously).

I've got a BoAT question for m+. Do I do anything in the BoAT window when I'm doing multi target rotation. Got dots rolling, starfall up, following the rotation. Eclipse procs, is there anything special to do if convoke is on cd? If I have extra AP I can starsurge once as long as that dsnt affect starfall, but other than that I jist continue on.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I've got a BoAT question for m+. Do I do anything in the BoAT window when I'm doing multi target rotation. Got dots rolling, starfall up, following the rotation. Eclipse procs, is there anything special to do if convoke is on cd? If I have extra AP I can starsurge once as long as that dsnt affect starfall, but other than that I jist continue on.
    I don't use BoAT so I can't answer the question but the question itself is why I don't have BoAT or Solstice. What I don't like is BoAT (and solstice, for that matter) put so much emphasis on the first few seconds of eclipse that, depending on situations changing, you're aiming for a mathematical maximum damage but leave yourself very vulnerable to dps loss.

Especially as a druid with a long clutch heal/tank tradition, I don't like confining myself to a rotation and my priority is the ability to respond on the fly. With convoke I adore Primordial as it allows me to essentially use it on cooldown rather than wait until I blow my CD. I built my toon around less ramp up time and flexibility, and I'm not checking damage meters much but I'm please with the results.

So moonkin blasphemy, but I went with nature's balance-soul-twin moons-pulsar and I have a lot more freedom in how I respond to dungeons and if anything fight not to be AP capped. My max may not be as a high but I can give dps when and where we need it more freely and years of playing trained me to be a turret.

All with the caveat: I haven't raided much yet.