Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

TBC players might get pre-nerf bosses

According to this https://www.ign.com/articles/the-bur...al-wow-classic

"several bosses were bugfixed or nerfed in Burning Crusade, but players might be interested in trying their hand at fights in their far more challenging forms. For instance, Lady Vashj -- the final encounter in Serpentshrine Cavern -- was incredibly difficult to kill when she was first released, before a nerf made her more reasonable. But Blizzard will let her launch in her pre-nerf form so guilds that want a challenge can try their hand at that, before eventually bringing the nerf into effect."

Sounds good since players are way better than we were. Going to be a pushover still but it's a right move.

it's good. everyone knew before classic went live raids would be easy. BC raids however are on another level and where the real raiding starts. We will get on par or even harder than current mythic raids for once in classic world (at least with pre nerf bosses)

Pre-nerf Vashj and Kael was never hard.

The challenge started at Brutallus, and M'uru was never actually killed in pre-nerf form. The latter will only appeal to the hardcore raiders.

Well it's now official. They talked about it in Blizzcon, sweet.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate shadowlands so i might just do this now, especially with a boost.

Lady Vashj just like in Method kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurmat View Post
    Lady Vashj just like in Method kill?
    Yeah that included Mind Controls.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody knows what version BTW.

The M'uru example is perfect example of this. Nobody killed the boss prior to the spell push back change (although I imagine people would now), but they aren't going to go with that version at all, and instead will opt to do the version that only lasted about a month before they changed some health and damage values. The Lady Vashj that we're getting isn't going to be that hard, because a lot of the issues with that encounter (initially) were bugs with the encounter as a whole. Imagine doing Kael'thas where the advisors and Kael'thas built aggro on healers during the entirety of the starting phases?

It's going to be a hodgepodge of 'fair' but difficult versions, which is fantastic. It means bosses like Nightbane in Karazhan will be difficult, but likely won't be the first version (which was dumb, and required cheesing with a certain composition, luck and invulnerability potions (which won't be as effective assuming they don't go with a progressive version where world buffs are available).

All in all it's a really good change and they mentioned that they will monitor it and always have the ability to nerf the bosses weeks or months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Nobody knows what version BTW.

The M'uru example is perfect example of this. Nobody killed the boss prior to the spell push back change (although I imagine people would now)
    wrong, M'uru first kill was 4th of May and pushback nerf was on 13th of May. Just under 20 guilds killed it pre nerf.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...erf-A-Question

Quote Originally Posted by OCoyne View Post

The challenge started at Brutallus, and M'uru was never actually killed in pre-nerf form. The latter will only appeal to the hardcore raiders.
    Yeah no. Barely any guilds even had SSC or TK cleared before Blizzard nerfed everything. If I remember right, the number was 1% of guilds had cleared Black Temple when Sunwell cameout. TBC was the hardest raiding Blizz ever made.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

All TBC raids will be cleared on day 1 exactly like all vanilla raids were.
    Unless they gate Sunwell like it was on retail, then it will be 3x day 1 kills.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    TBC was the hardest raiding Blizz ever made.
    If up until that point (Vanilla and TBC), yes, it was 'hardest' lol. If in the global scale of WoW's history? Not in the slighest and it's worrysome that you think so.

7+ Year Old Account
    "several bosses were bugfixed or nerfed in Burning Crusade, but players might be interested in trying their hand at fights in their far more challenging forms. For instance, Lady Vashj -- the final encounter in Serpentshrine Cavern -- was incredibly difficult to kill when she was first released, before a nerf made her more reasonable. But Blizzard will let her launch in her pre-nerf form so guilds that want a challenge can try their hand at that, before eventually bringing the nerf into effect."

Sounds good since players are way better than we were. Going to be a pushover still but it's a right move.[/QUOTE]

Not only pre nerf, according to how it was stated on the panel, they are actually looking into releasing some bosses in a -harder than pre nerf- state. Which would only be a good thing.

Nobody ever got Pre-nerf Kaelthas down, did they?

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    it's good. everyone knew before classic went live raids would be easy. BC raids however are on another level and where the real raiding starts. We will get on par or even harder than current mythic raids for once in classic world (at least with pre nerf bosses)
    wile its true that tbc is a big step up from vanila (that isnt saying much),you have to be kidding if you think anything in tbc is even close or even HARDER(facepalm) to todays raids,here we go again with the roze goggles...

tbc's difficult parts came from extreme bugs,or extreme overtuning,like muru getting 40% hp nerfs if i recal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    he had multiple bugs,and no i dont think anyone did

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OCoyne View Post

i think one guild killed muru pre nerf

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah no. Barely any guilds even had SSC or TK cleared before Blizzard nerfed everything. If I remember right, the number was 1% of guilds had cleared Black Temple when Sunwell cameout. TBC was the hardest raiding Blizz ever made.
    multiple insane bugs dont count as ''hardest raiding'' and fixing bugs isnt ''nerfing''

I still have my Tainted Core macro on retail. I'm okay with this.

Sounds good. I would like some encounters that are maybe at least current normal levels of hard.
    And since WBs and endless consumable stacking will probably be gone, it might even matter.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

TBC was the hardest raiding Blizz ever made.
    did you not play any expansion after tbc

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    if i remember correctly problem with kaelthas was mostly bugs not nerfs, although its quite a few years back so im not so sure

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    All TBC raids will be cleared on day 1 exactly like all vanilla raids were.
    Unless they gate Sunwell like it was on retail, then it will be 3x day 1 kills.
    And just like with Naxx in Classic, that some hardcore guild going in after month of training and full consummable/world buffs/stacked raid comp will roflstomp the raid doesn't mean it'll actually be easy for normal players.

Naxx was laughed about "only 58 mn to clear it". Reality check : it's still challenging progress for a lot of guilds, and very few do it without WB, which completely cheapen the content.
    TBC won't have WB to carry people, so while I don't expect any raid will be uncleared more than one reset, and probably not more than one evening, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people not in overprepared (oh oh) hardcore guilds will have a decent (and even pretty hard) challenge in front of them.
    Last edited by Akka; 2021-02-20 at 09:49 AM.