Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    because again like i've said i won't be grouping with you, but if you've just spawned into the game and are, straight away, lfr ramparts, good luck to you, and your group. i wish you well. and indeed hope that it goes perfectly fine. can't promise that it will. but i can choose whether or not i'm part of it.

generally speaking when it comes to groups and shit players the game kinda just makes it apparent over time, ppl wiping heroic groups continually are going to get themselves booted from the group, you're gunna have to put some level of effort into this game and it will show if you don't.

i didn't actually ignore many ppl in classic this time around, while we were levelling I did have a guy, might be pure coincidence but it seemed too much for me, after getting a bit frustrated and burned out tanking my way to 60, I get groups with a dude named 'itwasmypet' now this guy manages to ass pull and wipe the groups i make multiple times, not a couple of time, but multiple times in different groups now he earned a place on my ignore list for being too freaking annoying or too much of an on the nose coincidence but i rarely do this unless someone is pretty much deliberately failing. if you continually mess up you're gunna get the boot. I would prefer that ppl put in some amount of effort so that they don't get the boot.
    I remember Hellfire zone 2qand ramparts dungeon being rather easy dungeons compare to loots when TBC released but I did wipe little on the last boss few times but I was incredible bad player even though I leveled characters from 1 to 60 then later up to 70. Nowadays even though 5 player party of players haven't touched wow for years they will faceroll ramparts dungeon at lvl 58 with green gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    Apparently you can't read either.
    I can read you get 1 free boost to 58 and you can do paid copies, not at all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    I remember Hellfire zone 2qand ramparts dungeon being rather easy dungeons compare to loots when TBC released but I did wipe little on the last boss few times but I was incredible bad player even though I leveled characters from 1 to 60 then later up to 70. Nowadays even though 5 player party of players haven't touched wow for years they will faceroll ramparts dungeon at lvl 58 with green gear.
    I don't even think the game should be completely wipe free, failing happens, not everyone is amazing in classic and ass pulling happens. ppl forgetting things, happens, I think i'm quite tolerant when it comes to alsorts of things. i do think the normal versions of the dungeons will be face roll but i have a feeling that some of the heroics are going to be surprising to some ppl, i haven't healed myself in naxx, but I would probably compare the damage dealt by the trash in naxx to the damage in heroics, there are definitely some pulls that were borderline untankable without some CC. or kiting, the heroics did change though and ppl did get better gear, so while I do remember getting absolutely destroyed and wiping many many times in different heroics, they did also eventually get nerfed and the gear eventually made them easier also repetition. i'm sure i'm going to be rusty as hell so I have to learn to tank these dungeons and raids. since I played during legion I feel like some of karazhan is going to be pretty fresh for me and I don't see me having a problem tanking that, but pre nerf heroics scare me a little bit, i know they could be wipey some pulls were always extremely sketch even when you had gear it wasn't exactly hard to wipe. heroics and mythics have been out for some time now and ppl are used to them, the first time I did a heroic I did not anticipate the scale of damage. most of what I healed in classic was quite tame, but trying to keep dungeon geared tanks alive doing those early heroics with probably minmal if any CC, it was quite challenging but you kinda had to adapt and just do your best. you still had ppl who were learning to tank and they didn't always hold aggro but the scale of the damage meant you had fade on cooldown most of the time. tbc heroics give me some amount of ptsd the mobs in there could one shot my priest so I really didn't enjoy heroics all that much, they were fun and i healed like a champ but they just always felt super sketchy to me, one wrong move and it was asspulls or the tank doesn't grab an add, well i'm probably dead. I remember it being equally shit and fun. fun and challenging, shit because I was thin and died very easily. karazhan was always more fun to me, I really liked having a backup healer at least one just incase for some reason one of us did die it wasn't an automatic wipe, where as the 5 man structure, you have 1 healer, if they die, well good luck boys.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-21 at 07:36 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the fact i can buy my boost i didnt do much in classic.. was too busy protecting my waifus jaina and sylvanas on retail.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I can read you get 1 free boost to 58 and you can do paid copies, not at all the same.
    You don't get a free boost, it's paid to begin with. "We are gonna offer a level 58 boost, for purchase(...)".
    Last edited by Ludvig; 2021-02-21 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    You don't get a free boost, it's paid to begin with. "We are gonna offer a level 58 boost, for purchase(...)".
    They cleared that up and confirmed each account gets one boost for free. You may be able to purchase extra but everyone gets one.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher557 View Post
    No a level 40 mount is 60%. Which means 99.9% of these boosts will spend the entirety of 58-70 on a 60% mount and will have to spend all their money leveling on a 100%, so most of them won’t even have a flying mount at end level until they farm.
    fair guess some gold will be thrown at them by blizzard as allowance, but otherwise they'll be poor. better start raking in money immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

They cleared that up and confirmed each account gets one boost for free. You may be able to purchase extra but everyone gets one.
    uuuh, aside from one free boost, this is worrysome.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard (regardless of how people here like to think otherwise) is a very successful company, they got there by knowing what they were doing. You may not like the changes but I guarantee they've run the numbers and the pros (people who want things like a one time boost) outweigh the cons (you). I don't think it matters much either way, personally. They just got done squishing the leveling experience on retail, it would be silly for them to run a simultaneous version of wow with none of the changes they (and we) have deemed to be for the success of the game.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Got a source? All I heard is what I quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    fair guess some gold will be thrown at them by blizzard as allowance, but otherwise they'll be poor. better start raking in money immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m sure they will start with SOME gold, like 20ish or 10ish or something like this just for things like flight paths and repairs and stuff like this. Either way they are at the very least going to be on average 1k+ gold behind, 2 levels behind, and god knows how much gear behind. On pvp servers they are going to be absolutely destroyed it’s not even going to be funny, and they won’t even be able to run away on their slow ass mounts lol.

People are really over selling how ‘easy’ these people are getting off when they are going to seriously be so far behind already it’s sort of funny. This just makes it so we don’t have a massive amount of people who love tbc quit because they want TBC and not CLASSIC when leveling. I mean if I didn’t have a level 60 and there was no boost, I would seriously find other sketchy ways to get one if I really didn’t want to level

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    What effort? Is paying a mage to boost to 58 effort? Is paying blizzard to boost to 58 effort? Is gdkp naxx gear effort? What is effort to you? What ever was your argument in this thread?
    you have to put in effort not to fall asleep while leveling

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure everything will be fine in the end even if it is sleasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    That's good I have a 60 on Classic with epic mount and some gold but i am 100% for the boost start package for players. That is the only way to get a stream of new blood. Because Classic pop died quite a bit and it needs a big uptime. Many were on the fence of actually playing TBC but (rightfully so) hated the thought of having to level from 1 to 70.

Classic experience is all about min maxing and max level raiding and soon Arena in TBC. Nobody cares about leveling and they want to have it done asap. A quick look at the boosting meta currently on Classic just shows that. Many who started Classic last year gave up early because leveling was tedious as well.

Personally i loved leveling my first toon from 1 to 60 but the meta quickly took over and leveling alts after that felt horrible. The more they give the option to skip it the better. Even if xp is nerfed in TBC.
    I'd made it about halfway through leveling but I'd started late and the gatekeeping/elitism seemed to already be in place. Not to mention my buddy eventually switched servers. I'd started playing young at the end of vanilla/early TBC but didn't really ~play~ the game right until WoTLK so I'm very much looking forward to the full tbc experience this time. I'm sure I'll be very behind on gold but it's the same as jumping onto a private server right now honestly. Gonna be a good time and I think they could potentially see even more traffic in this next phase compared to Classic Vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.
    Listen, while I agree that a paid boost doesn't need to exist and is detrimental, its not like you couldn't buy some gold, buy your 60% mount and buy boosts in SM/MARA/ZG until capped.

So the problem paid boosts add, is already present without it since people found a way to sell boosts anyway.

Really, its just someone shitting in a bowl of puke. Its technically worse, but its still a disgusting part of the game that one should avoid anyway

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    This is just shameful. They are exploiting children who just wants to pay2win.

Wow is truly gone.
    Its not pay to win.. its pay to skip. It doesnt give you an advantage and you are still going to be 10-214k gold behind.. please bring your nagging elsewhere..

Thank god that exists. Vanilla leveling with the current community is just horrible.

I am not sure i would play TBC without it. Probably would start leveling and give up halfway through like last time becuase it is so boring.

LOVE TBC. Best expansion imho. I really want to play it. But i don't want to drag myself though classic. It will be difficult enough to get a foot into ANYTHING in TBC when 90% of people are nearly full T3 allready and steamrolling anything to SSC/TK with thousands of gold that will get a new player broke from buying a manapot...

I honestly believe a new server for TBC would be nice. I don't want to compete with the people who played classic. Because there is no way i can. I will probably never be able to catch up. Gold or Gear wise.

Classic has a problem with elitism exactly like every other game. You think someone new to the game will get into instances? Or really ANYTHING. After heroic it would be evend out but you have to be able to get there which will be difficult to say the least.

Modern wow expansion just make your gear worthless and gold not that importand to circumvent that problem. TBC was the first. So there are no... safeguards so to say.

I will play it. I only do it because of the boost. You won't notice i used a boost. Because classes are easy as shit and as soon as my gear is something else there is no difference anymore except that my gear will be miles behind you way into level 70 and i will not be able to buy anything in the AH for a loooooooooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    One per account. Can't use it on the new races.

This isn't a huge deal. It's not the retail boost.
    Not being able to use it on new races kind of blows tbh means no shamans or paladins via boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    No one gives 2 effs what you want
    That's not what your mum said last night

Quote Originally Posted by zhorteye View Post
    Its not pay to win.. its pay to skip. It doesnt give you an advantage and you are still going to be 10-214k gold behind.. please bring your nagging elsewhere..
    What would be an advantage according to you? What objective is not a matter of time? Genuine question.

10+ Year Old Account
    As if the game didn't already have a huge problem with people paying boosters with gold from gold sellers already.

This is just cutting out that middle man from something lots of people in the classic community were already doing, and to boot it doesn't give you a direct lvl 70, meaning it still forces those people to start levelling in outland the moment they step through the portal.