Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    What effort? Is paying a mage to boost to 58 effort? Is paying blizzard to boost to 58 effort? Is gdkp naxx gear effort? What is effort to you? What ever was your argument in this thread?
    you have to put in effort not to fall asleep while leveling

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    fair guess some gold will be thrown at them by blizzard as allowance, but otherwise they'll be poor. better start raking in money immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

uuuh, aside from one free boost, this is worrysome.
    I am sure everything will be fine in the end even if it is sleasy.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    That's good I have a 60 on Classic with epic mount and some gold but i am 100% for the boost start package for players. That is the only way to get a stream of new blood. Because Classic pop died quite a bit and it needs a big uptime. Many were on the fence of actually playing TBC but (rightfully so) hated the thought of having to level from 1 to 70.

Classic experience is all about min maxing and max level raiding and soon Arena in TBC. Nobody cares about leveling and they want to have it done asap. A quick look at the boosting meta currently on Classic just shows that. Many who started Classic last year gave up early because leveling was tedious as well.

Personally i loved leveling my first toon from 1 to 60 but the meta quickly took over and leveling alts after that felt horrible. The more they give the option to skip it the better. Even if xp is nerfed in TBC.
    I'd made it about halfway through leveling but I'd started late and the gatekeeping/elitism seemed to already be in place. Not to mention my buddy eventually switched servers. I'd started playing young at the end of vanilla/early TBC but didn't really ~play~ the game right until WoTLK so I'm very much looking forward to the full tbc experience this time. I'm sure I'll be very behind on gold but it's the same as jumping onto a private server right now honestly. Gonna be a good time and I think they could potentially see even more traffic in this next phase compared to Classic Vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.
    Listen, while I agree that a paid boost doesn't need to exist and is detrimental, its not like you couldn't buy some gold, buy your 60% mount and buy boosts in SM/MARA/ZG until capped.

So the problem paid boosts add, is already present without it since people found a way to sell boosts anyway.

Really, its just someone shitting in a bowl of puke. Its technically worse, but its still a disgusting part of the game that one should avoid anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    This is just shameful. They are exploiting children who just wants to pay2win.

Wow is truly gone.
    Its not pay to win.. its pay to skip. It doesnt give you an advantage and you are still going to be 10-214k gold behind.. please bring your nagging elsewhere..

Thank god that exists. Vanilla leveling with the current community is just horrible.

I am not sure i would play TBC without it. Probably would start leveling and give up halfway through like last time becuase it is so boring.

LOVE TBC. Best expansion imho. I really want to play it. But i don't want to drag myself though classic. It will be difficult enough to get a foot into ANYTHING in TBC when 90% of people are nearly full T3 allready and steamrolling anything to SSC/TK with thousands of gold that will get a new player broke from buying a manapot...

I honestly believe a new server for TBC would be nice. I don't want to compete with the people who played classic. Because there is no way i can. I will probably never be able to catch up. Gold or Gear wise.

Classic has a problem with elitism exactly like every other game. You think someone new to the game will get into instances? Or really ANYTHING. After heroic it would be evend out but you have to be able to get there which will be difficult to say the least.

Modern wow expansion just make your gear worthless and gold not that importand to circumvent that problem. TBC was the first. So there are no... safeguards so to say.

I will play it. I only do it because of the boost. You won't notice i used a boost. Because classes are easy as shit and as soon as my gear is something else there is no difference anymore except that my gear will be miles behind you way into level 70 and i will not be able to buy anything in the AH for a loooooooooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    One per account. Can't use it on the new races.

This isn't a huge deal. It's not the retail boost.
    Not being able to use it on new races kind of blows tbh means no shamans or paladins via boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    No one gives 2 effs what you want
    That's not what your mum said last night

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by zhorteye View Post
    Its not pay to win.. its pay to skip. It doesnt give you an advantage and you are still going to be 10-214k gold behind.. please bring your nagging elsewhere..
    It's a massive advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by zhorteye View Post
    What would be an advantage according to you? What objective is not a matter of time? Genuine question.

As if the game didn't already have a huge problem with people paying boosters with gold from gold sellers already.

This is just cutting out that middle man from something lots of people in the classic community were already doing, and to boot it doesn't give you a direct lvl 70, meaning it still forces those people to start levelling in outland the moment they step through the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    What would be an advantage according to you? What objective is not a matter of time? Genuine question.
    Arena rating is an example that is not really depending on how much time you invest. After a while in each season, only your gameplay affects whether you "win" or you don't.

One can argue that clearing Sunwell will also not be dependant on time invested but rather have a group of skilled players.

The only aspect on the game where the boost might be an advantage is that you could more easily have an alt for making gold. So for the very small amount of people whose goal in the game is to make gold, then it might be an advantage in this category. But those people already have plenty of alts so...

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihs View Post
    the economy is like 5% of TBCs end-game / game play IF THAT stop over exaggerating like a child please
    I just took a sip on the Classic Server I played on which is dead as fuck and not even gets 50 max level chars in prime yesterday even with obvious bots farming (still called High, wtf?) and the prices on the auction house were insanely high which is even far higher than the prices in WotlK were for certain stuff.

The classic economy is already fucked up. And with the min max bot fiesta it will be even worse in BC, mmw.

If they need to sell level 58 boosts to make Classic TBC viable - all for it.

Again, including myself, lot's of people would skip TBC as we skipped classic because leveling is nothing we want to do again. It's not hard, it's not "new experience". That is why so many leveling boosts exist in Classic.
    It can be classified as pay to win, but it's actually paying a participation fee so you can go and compete, rather than paying to get to the top and it's absolutely irrelevant in Outland. Bitching about it makes as much sense as bitching about people using Priority Queues to board in air port. You don't get better seats, you all sit in the same plane, you and you land at the same time too. It's not like boosting a character gives you free epic at level 70.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Anyone can start leveling now and be level 60 at the launch. That's an advantage. TBC Classic Players don't even have the servers open now. We will just rather spend money in the future than spend our time going through classic leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Totally anti-classic ethos.
    Look at how the game is currently played. That is actually anti-classic ethos.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    One per account. Can't use it on the new races.

This isn't a huge deal. It's not the retail boost.
    It is a big deal. The fact that they allow you to clone your char so that one can remain in classic and one continue in BC only with pay service only.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Look at how the game is currently played. That is actually anti-classic ethos.
    in any case, it fits the bill of the modern gaming. People want to finish the leveling quickly, they find it annyoing, tedious, boring, waste of time and more. They want to reach max level where they can be metaslaves and min/max everything.

It seems like leveling is not something to enjoy, its something to just get over with quickly. A large portion of the game is just outright shat on, ignored and spit on. But people do it, cause thats the only way to reach min/max heaven. Thats were all the "meaningful" things happen in a modern day MMORPG.

People better get ready for BC. Farm your ass of in current classic and take your gold with you and be quick with the leveling. Once you are behind, youre screwed.

This is pretty disgusting ye. Looking at the reasons it's why we didn't get fresh TBC realms. Now they can sell a boost for a price of an expansion. With fresh TBC realms there wouldn't be any boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    This is pretty disgusting ye. Looking at the reasons it's why we didn't get fresh TBC realms. Now they can sell a boost for a price of an expansion. With fresh TBC realms there wouldn't be any boosts.
    I srsly cant understand how can ppl twist everything to the point to tell "its so ppl give them more money". Sure, i know that Blizzard/activision wants money and wants to implement things sometimes to get money but when ppl start to think everythings about money thats just said. Ive seen a lot of ppl asking it here and this was their reasoning why they dont make fresh servers: People want to continue and progress their characters and they don't want to make ppl feel like their old character is "wasted time" when they play in tbc. Totally reasonable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    It's a massive advantage.
    It's really not... They still have to level through all the TBC content like everyone else, they'd have no raid gear, they'd have barely acceptable gear to start in TBC, they're going to have an extremely low amount of gold compared to the folks with thousands upon thousands of gold, and they're going to get the basic level 40 mount.

What "massive" advantage, does this get them in TBC? They're paying to get to the starting line for TBC.

This will ultimately have practically zero impact on anyone, except for the player boosting who will likely actually be excited to start playing in TBC immediately, rather than not even both playing having to slog through the Classic leveling experience.