Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Why did the op change the thread title?

Wasn’t it something like “pay to win lol” in the first place?
    Its a diff thread, but its just the same kids screaming p2w p2w p2w! their standards must be pretty pathetic to consider skipping the trash leveling in classic as some kind of advantage, i guess leveling in classic gave them fullfilment, actually sad xd

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    QFT

Too many have forgotten that Blizz was dead set against gold sellers and leveling services at least through Cata.

Now that Blizz gets the money for those things...suddenly it's just fine.

Blizz is just another corporation anymore...profit first, everything else is secondary. The only thing I'm surprised about is that they waited this long to sell these things in Classic.
    Yes Blizz changed, but I'd argue the community has changed more. For better or for worse is subjective, but just the basic idea of spending money on a game you have already paid for is a widely accepted practice now by players and has been for at least a decade. Gaming is more catered to instant gratification than anything else. Just look at what Classic has become already. Everything from the world buff meta, to ZG boosts, to GDKP is a testament to this.

Whether this is good or bad is entirely subjective, but it doesn't matter, it's just how it is now.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Its a diff thread, but its just the same kids screaming p2w p2w p2w! their standards must be pretty pathetic to consider skipping the trash leveling in classic as some kind of advantage, i guess leveling in classic gave them fullfilment, actually sad xd
    As I said in the other thread, it’s the usual “I worked for it ages ago, you have too even today” mentality. The boost does not clearly provide ANY advantage in TBC content (that is ALL that matters), they are just mad because someone can skip the leveling tedium they had to bear, even if is ONE time only for account and for only ONE char. I can partially understand it, but at least let’s try to be honest.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-02-24 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    For better or for worse is subjective, but just the basic idea of spending money on a game you have already paid for is a widely accepted practice now by players and has been for at least a decade.
    The issue is that some posters are offended by the fact that people are gonna be able to skip the leveling rather than the skip costing cash, which is hilarious, what kind of player considers leveling as some kind of mandatory progress towards your character in 2021 lmao, your progression is found on endgame by clearing all the raids and gearing yourself completely so you can say "im done", or pvp also since thats gonna be a thing now, and blizz is giving the option to skip the useless leveling in classic experience that only a tiny fraction of the community cares about, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    QFT

Too many have forgotten that Blizz was dead set against gold sellers and leveling services at least through Cata.
    wasnt that more bcs some shady sellers who used it to mine for info and basicaly did damage to both blizzard and playerbase?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I don't even think the game should be completely wipe free, failing happens, not everyone is amazing in classic and ass pulling happens. ppl forgetting things, happens, I think i'm quite tolerant when it comes to alsorts of things. i do think the normal versions of the dungeons will be face roll but i have a feeling that some of the heroics are going to be surprising to some ppl, i haven't healed myself in naxx, but I would probably compare the damage dealt by the trash in naxx to the damage in heroics, there are definitely some pulls that were borderline untankable without some CC. or kiting, the heroics did change though and ppl did get better gear, so while I do remember getting absolutely destroyed and wiping many many times in different heroics, they did also eventually get nerfed and the gear eventually made them easier also repetition. i'm sure i'm going to be rusty as hell so I have to learn to tank these dungeons and raids. since I played during legion I feel like some of karazhan is going to be pretty fresh for me and I don't see me having a problem tanking that, but pre nerf heroics scare me a little bit, i know they could be wipey some pulls were always extremely sketch even when you had gear it wasn't exactly hard to wipe. heroics and mythics have been out for some time now and ppl are used to them, the first time I did a heroic I did not anticipate the scale of damage. most of what I healed in classic was quite tame, but trying to keep dungeon geared tanks alive doing those early heroics with probably minmal if any CC, it was quite challenging but you kinda had to adapt and just do your best. you still had ppl who were learning to tank and they didn't always hold aggro but the scale of the damage meant you had fade on cooldown most of the time. tbc heroics give me some amount of ptsd the mobs in there could one shot my priest so I really didn't enjoy heroics all that much, they were fun and i healed like a champ but they just always felt super sketchy to me, one wrong move and it was asspulls or the tank doesn't grab an add, well i'm probably dead. I remember it being equally shit and fun. fun and challenging, shit because I was thin and died very easily. karazhan was always more fun to me, I really liked having a backup healer at least one just incase for some reason one of us did die it wasn't an automatic wipe, where as the 5 man structure, you have 1 healer, if they die, well good luck boys.
    I agree I don't think heroics will be faceroll but I don't think they will be a much trouble. I think vast majority of players were just bad by today standard many were still mouse clickers even in wotlk. You see how fast raids were cleared in Classic. I think premade groups will clear all heroics rather easily with decent cc and marks.

Epic!
    Wait:

“This boost will not be usable on Classic Era realms or on the new blood elf or draenei races; in addition, players will be limited to boosting only one character per World of Warcraft account. Further details, including details around pricing and availability, will be announced at a later date.”

It’s a “once in a lifetime and for one char only” boost? If yes, how did this thread reach 20+ pages?
    Because so many people are butthurt that another person can optionally choose to boost one character instead of wasting 200+ hours of leveling it "like it was meant to be".
    This is one of the biggest problems with the WoW community; everyone cares too much about everyone else, especially when it has absolutely nothing to do with them.
    This literally does not affect anyone except the person who chooses to purchase it, yet they will cry foul every chance they get because "they EARNED their level!", not realizing it's a goddamn video game and blizz can quite literally shut the servers off right now and delete all their toons and there would be absolutely nothing they could do about it.

In other words, it's a sad argument against quality of life because some people are so gung ho in ruining everything for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    What would be an advantage according to you? What objective is not a matter of time? Genuine question.
    Ad advantage to me, atleast in this scenario, would be if people then got boosted with maxed out professions and epic mount (or worst case scenario level 70 with flying/epicflying) a boost to 58 which only lets you skip the out of date content (You cant use it on Draenei and Bloodelf afterall) really isnt an advantage in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn View Post
    This is vitally necessary for preserving the Classic servers AND Burning Crusade servers. Without the boost, returning for TBC and not classic would be getting burnt out chewing on all of the Classic content you still need to overcome in order to reach TBC late game content.
    Exactly. Classic TBC is the point now. Classic WoW as we know it today will be over and no longer relevant unless you choose to play as a Blood Elf or Draenei.

Even so, there will be plenty of players going through the full 1 - 70 experience as you only have one boost, and we all know that people that play Classic like to play alts (for a plethora of reasons).

At this point why they dont just relase BC servers were everyone starts at 58?

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    At this point why they dont just relase BC servers were everyone starts at 58?
    Cause then you will have the classic purists outroar cuz they will refuse to start fresh when they spent so much time gearing their character in classic for tbc, despite classic being piss easy, its still time and effort you would be denying by doing a clean tbc wipe.

Cause then you will have the classic purists outroar cuz they will refuse to start fresh when they spent so much time gearing their character in classic for tbc, despite classic being piss easy, its still time and effort you would be denying by doing a clean tbc wipe.
    TBH I perfectly understand why such a one time boost is there for BC. When classic launched, it was about the classic content. When BC launches, its about BC content. The classic world is useless and dead in that part of wow. If people want to experience that, theres classic servers for that.

People wont log into BC thinking "oh wow cant wait to play classic leveling", they are there for BC.

Why people farm classic over and over at this point, I dont understand. Theres really no need in order to stay competetive in BC. Besides, thats a player choice to keep farming in classic just for some kind of advantage in BC.

For most people this wont mean jack shit. If anything, those who boosts miss out on alot of cool zones in classic world

TBH I perfectly understand why such a one time boost is there for BC. When classic launched, it was about the classic content. When BC launches, its about BC content. The classic world is useless and dead in that part of wow. If people want to experience that, theres classic servers for that.

People wont log into BC thinking "oh wow cant wait to play classic leveling", they are there for BC.

Why people farm classic over and over at this point, I dont understand. Theres really no need in order to stay competetive in BC. Besides, thats a player choice to keep farming in classic just for some kind of advantage in BC.

For most people this wont mean jack shit. If anything, those who boosts miss out on alot of cool zones in classic world
    Its what i dont understand, some people are pissed cause the boost costs cash, and i can understand that point, but a lot of them are pissed cause they allow a skip (?) like what, they actually think leveling from 1-58 in classic should be required to get into tbc in 2021 xd oudated af minds, maybe they are that bad that they need the leveling advantage to actually achieve something in tbc before actual good players or idk.

Its what i dont understand, some people are pissed cause the boost costs cash, and i can understand that point, but a lot of them are pissed cause they allow a skip (?) like what, they actually think leveling from 1-58 in classic should be required to get into tbc in 2021 xd oudated af minds, maybe they are that bad that they need the leveling advantage to actually achieve something in tbc before actual good players or idk.
    back in the old days of vanilla and BC, leveling was just a part of the game. It was a pain in the ass back then too, but it was more accepted. Time goes, and gamers change. So should Blizzard. When they finally releases BC again, people should be able to experience the BC content. A person that has a boosted 58 wont suck ass at level 70 unless he/she wants to.

We wont ever see the acceptence of leveling again, especially like with classic. Just look at the landmass classic has compared to every other xpac since then. All those zones, all those quests, all those cool storylines hidden around out there in the world for us to explore. Big stories, small ones. Fates of many NPCs are told through the quests.

Back when classic launched, this was a core part of playing a MMORPG. Involve yourself in the world, experience it, see the stuff happening everywhere.

In 2021 its "KEK fuck quests LUL max level now". So Blizzard try to put in cool quests and stories, but making sure it goes by quickly.

Blizzard recognices that questing and leveling is something the modern playerbase dont want. It was clearly shown when classic launched that most people didnt give a F about the WORLD of azeroth, but instead ran dungeons over and over cause that was most effective. We will for sure see the same thing in BC.

So I dont know what the haters of this boost think. Should everyone experience the immersive fun spamming dungeons over and over until your brain bleeds? is that it? Cause thats what many classic players do.

It’s a “once in a lifetime and for one char only” boost? If yes, how did this thread reach 20+ pages?
    Gotta complain about something. We can't just enjoy the game, obviously.

Back when classic launched, this was a core part of playing a MMORPG. Involve yourself in the world, experience it, see the stuff happening everywhere.

In 2021 its "KEK fuck quests LUL max level now". So Blizzard try to put in cool quests and stories, but making sure it goes by quickly.
    And this is fine tbh, classic suffers from the "been there done that", at least i (and im sure many others) dont rush through the content of any rpg, you enjoy the journey and the stories told in every sidequest, cause its actually new for you, but its not the case with classic anymore, and going to tbc makes classic even more outdated so the "been there done that" has even more weight and makes people consider leveling a chore, hence why the boost was considered by blizz and its already accepted by many.

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's really not... They still have to level through all the TBC content like everyone else, they'd have no raid gear, they'd have barely acceptable gear to start in TBC, they're going to have an extremely low amount of gold compared to the folks with thousands upon thousands of gold, and they're going to get the basic level 40 mount.

What "massive" advantage, does this get them in TBC? They're paying to get to the starting line for TBC.

seems 58 boost is a disadvantage by current viewpoint
    what if Blizzard in its infinite wisdom pamper the "poor lame 58" a bit with nice gear and provide enough gold to pay professions and most of the sum for epic mount later ?
    the boosted chars should be able to hold a candle to everybody else who missed vanilla raids, but is otherwise able to enter HFP IMHO

And this is fine tbh, classic suffers from the "been there done that", at least i (and im sure many others) dont rush through the content of any rpg, you enjoy the journey and the stories told in every sidequest, cause its actually new for you, but its not the case with classic anymore, and going to tbc makes classic even more outdated so the "been there done that" has even more weight and makes people consider leveling a chore, hence why the boost was considered by blizz and its already accepted by many.
    I agree, but we see the same mentality in retail whenever a new xpac comes out. People want the leveling out of the way and nobody ever really talks about all the quests or sidestory in the zones. Its about reaching max level. Its an common sentiment that leveling is something that just "gotta be done" so you can actually play the game.

It really doesnt matter all that much if content is new or old, its supposed to be plowed through. Thats why we see boosts are in the game and the leveling in retail is quickly done.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    seems 58 boost is a disadvantage by current viewpoint
    what if Blizzard in its infinite wisdom pamper the "poor lame 58" a bit with nice gear and provide enough gold to pay professions and most of the sum for epic mount later ?
    the boosted chars should be able to hold a candle to everybody else who missed vanilla raids, but is otherwise able to enter HFP IMHO
    Point being it's not a massive advantage, though. Even if it puts them on somewhat even footing as someone who's been playing and hits 58 at the same time the boosts go live, the boosted characters aren't in a better place than someone who's been playing.

I can understand people being touchy about being able to skip the leveling process, as some think it's some kind of right of passage or whatever, but paying for the boost doesn't give them an advantage over someone who didn't. Level 58 still means they have to level all the way to 70 in TBC content, just like everyone else.

The main thing for me is the gold. Anyone playing now will have a HUGE advantage over someone who starts in TBC and just boosts because the eceonomy going into the new TBC servers is going to be so fucked up due to the massive bank accounts some people have. A boost isn't going to have that...unless that person is already there and boosts a secondary character, but again that doesn't give them an advantage they didn't already have.

As I said in the other thread, it’s the usual “I worked for it ages ago, you have too even today” mentality. The boost does not clearly provide ANY advantage in TBC content (that is ALL that matters), they are just mad because someone can skip the leveling tedium they had to bear, even if is ONE time only for account and for only ONE char. I can partially understand it, but at least let’s try to be honest.
    But doesn't that devalue the whole concept of leveling? Feels like that's sort of the point of why people dislike boosts in retail. When you look at someones character and they're of X level you should be able to expect they have some sort of expertise with the game. This is especially important in a game that revolves around grouping with other players.