Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    That'll actually get me to play TBC. I'm sure theres more with my mindset than yours tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    I can imagine new players that starts TBC classic want to jump into outland and not spend weeks in zones that are completely dead because everyone else is in Outland, this is fine
    Exactly. I played on a blizzlike TBC private server a while ago and I got totally burnt out while leveling in Feralas.

To me the bigger issue is not letting you copy that one character for free in case you ever want to go back and play classic. Now you have to pay to freaking play your character.
    S.H.

Thank fuck, this means I don't have to suffer through classic in order to do BC.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    To me the bigger issue is not letting you copy that one character for free in case you ever want to go back and play classic. Now you have to pay to freaking play your character.
    how would that work ?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Explain how leveling to 58 is "winning" the game?

Also, Recruit-A-Friend has always been a thing, and provided a similar leveling bonus, so I'm not sure why you're whining.
    Recruit a friend was a service added during Wrath.

I approve of the boost, I do wish they'd do something to limit the gold people would have though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I don't see how this is a big deal.

The boost is for people who give ZERO shits about classic and classic content and literally just want to jump right into TBC. It's limited to one per account, and most of the value of adding another character is literally professions (which all start at 0). For some people it's about the journey and not the destination, but it's over 15 years later with the classic version of WoW being done. To me, it's only natural they give the option going forward because to most people, leveling through the old content when a new expansion is re-released, isn't really part of the journey, it's just a fucking road block.

At the end of the day the game is still an investment for them and they have to make money on it. Considering you can only boost one character per account (and the amount of people who are going to abuse buying multiple account is so small my dudes), I don't see it being that big of a deal. The character copy option is a nice compromise for people who want both and I honestly don't blame them for putting that in either.

This is literally the tamest version of micro transactions they could've added to the game, and considering the philosophy with Arena/Phases/Difficulty I'll take it.
    This is my feeling. There were a lot of peeps that liked bc but hated classic. And for me im taking my 60 hunter woth me and i wanted a pally tank. So ima use my boost to do that. And level the fu k out of jc like i wanted.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    that's not even remotely the same?
    Explain how boosting to 58 and receiving massive EXP bonuses and being able to level yourself up to match your friend are "not remotely the same".

The only difference is the amount of time spent. Getting to 58 instantly VS getting to 58 in a week. It's still a paid boost.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2021-02-20 at 12:47 AM.

It's another speak for yourself scenario, Just as Vanilla was.

I liked Classic 15 years ago, I don't like it now. I had time 15 years ago, I don't have time now. I made a character on Vanilla with the expectation I'd get TBC / Wrath at some point, there was never any intention of "playing" Vanilla, I gave up at level 30 because I just simply can't find the old process enjoyable. It IS NOT the same as it was and the playerbase is at fault for that. The boost levelling meta has completely killed the Journey, I would see easily 10x more bots out in the world than players. This Boost is the difference between me playing TBC or not. I can Jump in at level 58 and be level 70 within a couple weeks and play a game I enjoy without being forced to play a game I don't for quite literally no real reason other than You had to so I have to I guess?

If you already have multiple 60's it doesn't effect you, it's no difference to you buying your dungeon boosts, which killed the "journey" and made Vanilla unbearable for the slow / late levellers. The past is the past and shouldn't have an influence. Buying a 60 boost right now in Classic is outrageous for example, but skipping to the start line of the game your excited to play is not.

I just hope they clear the economy, 2 years of rampant botting and RWT in Vanilla is going to make anyone joining for TBC so far behind the pack there would be no point playing, a 58 boost and some sub hellfire quest gear isn't going to change a damn thing.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2021-02-20 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.
    The only "HAHAHA" is for yourself as we all know that you'll play TBC Classic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    It's another speak for yourself scenario, Just as Vanilla was.

I liked Classic 15 years ago, I don't like it now. I had time 15 years ago, I don't have time now. I made a character on Vanilla with the expectation I'd get TBC / Wrath at some point, there was never any intention of "playing" Vanilla, I gave up at level 30 because I just simply can't find the old process enjoyable. This Boost is the difference between me playing TBC or not. I can Jump in at level 58 and be level 70 within a couple weeks and play a game I enjoy without being forced to play a game I don't.

If you already have multiple 60's it doesn't effect you, it's no difference to you buying your dungeon boosts, which killed the "journey" and made Vanilla unbearable for the slow / late levellers. The past is the past and shouldn't have an influence. Buying a 60 boost right now in Classic is outrageous for example, but skipping to the start line of the game your excited to play is not.

I just hope they clear the economy, 2 years of rampant botting and RWT in Vanilla is going to make anyone joining for TBC so far behind the pack there would be no point playing, a 58 boost and some sub hellfire quest gear isn't going to change a damn thing.
    Don't worry about being behind in terms of gold. TBC will generate so much gold that what was considered rich in Classic will be what many casual players will have in TBC. 1000g in TBC is like 100g in vanilla.

you are exactly what they are targeting. Young people who only know about buying your way to the end.
    what is wrong with that? I have leveled like 8 characters during TBC. Nothing new there. Game is at 70. Why do you think I only know my way to buying stuff? I bet I could kick your ass in retail and I don't have to buy anything, just my skill.

Its fine really. It truly is. It keeps vanilla classic servers alive. This way I wont move my chars from vanilla to tbc. Its the Best of both worlds and a very Nice move from blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Recruit a friend was a service added during Wrath.

I approve of the boost, I do wish they'd do something to limit the gold people would have though.
    AFAIK recruit a friends was actually added sometime during patch 2.4 so just before wrath's release.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Don't worry about being behind in terms of gold. TBC will generate so much gold that what was considered rich in Classic will be what many casual players will have in TBC. 1000g in TBC is like 100g in vanilla.
    Although this is entirely true, the situation is way too far gone for that to have any impact there's just too much gold.

Thank God, I hate my level 60 ... I really didn't want to do that grind again.

Guys this literally does not effect you in the slightest why are you upset by this? This literally just brings in more players you should be excited about this. Quit acting like a level 58 and a mount is like full t3 with 100k gold lol

woa, you're so pro mate i wish i was as good at video games as you.

8 chars in tbc! that crazy! you're so hardcore, a true inspiration mate.
    I mean you made some nonsense statements about me. I hold my ground in skill and leveling is just the boring part in vanilla content.

The wording of it makes it seem like only accounts that dont already have a lvl 58 or higher character will be eligible for the boost. That, with the XP nerfs makes this really a non-issue. I think the biggest pitfall for people wanting to check out classic was the length of the leveling experience. I for sure didnt have the same game time I had in 2007, what with a family and career. The only way I got to 60 was quarentining due to the pandemic. Obviously this is all my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Totally anti-classic ethos.
    Buy some gold, get boosted and have a mount. Its literally the same thing and its going on all the time.

Some salty mages out there that are upset they may lose some $ from boosting.