Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
31
32
... LastLast
  1. #581
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    You are pretty much summing up the road to a game like retail. It is precisely these points that we need to not have a level 58 boost. This 58 boost isn't "some changes", it's a massive part of the game you're missing due to down right laziness.
    The Classic community has already opted for what you’re calling “laziness”, which is why it didn’t even take 6 months for dungeon boosting to dominate the leveling process.

  2. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    The Classic community has already opted for what you’re calling “laziness”, which is why it didn’t even take 6 months for dungeon boosting to dominate the leveling process.
    Don't be fooled the people kicking up a storm over this are the boosters, they are seeing their lost gold or IRL money go away with this blizzard boost.
    I mean read the comments who with half a braincell would call this pay to win if they aren't just trolling or looking out for their own interest.

  3. #583
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    Don't be fooled the people kicking up a storm over this are the boosters, they are seeing their lost gold or IRL money go away with this blizzard boost.
    I mean read the comments who with half a braincell would call this pay to win if they aren't just trolling or looking out for their own interest.
    Idk if it was this thread or not but one of the people kicking up a storm actually said he was mad about this because he leveled a Paladin specifically to boost people in tbc. No wonder he is mad lol.

  4. #584
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You're haphazardly conflating the "Classic experience" and "TBC experience" as the "spirit of the original game". For many people, TBC was their classic experience, or first exposure to WoW.
    Oh please, don't tell me i'm conflating things when you attempt sell that "Classic experience" means "TBC Experience" to people that started in TBC.

    An experience, that by that way, started from level one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Even without a paid boost, the leveling zones in Classic are dead right now, at least as far as group content goes.
    I always find at an amazing situation to be in when two people who disagree with me on the same issue make two statements that are in direct opposition to each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    A lot is gonna lvling lol. Ppl are super hyped for TBC. Ppl dont like to pay extra money so boost will be used in minor >< U assume 50% is goin to buy boos or what? xD Lol u even played classic?
    You know what?
    Before i'll engage this arguement, maybe you boost advocates should first figure out what is actually the situation on the Classic servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    All that to say, I don't think the pre-58 TBC experience without a paid boost would be nearly as meaningful as you're making it. It would be a miserable, lonely experience of following Questie markers until you can finally go to Outlands.
    I've never claimed it's going to be meaningful to those people, the crux is that you're paying to skip something that anybody else who doesn't pay will be going through.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonf View Post
    There’s really nothing more to add if you are going to hang onto the notion that there is this set in stone scripture of what the spirit of the game is tbh.
    It's not a "stone scripture", but don't try to pass a level boost as a minute adjustment, it's a massive breakaway.

    And this implication of me being a "#nochanges" person continous to be false, simply because i am against some changes, doesn't mean against any change.
    The boost is however, is one that's a step too far for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonf View Post
    Instead of hearing “the spirit of the game is different for everyone” I believe you’re hearing “NO the spirit of the game isn’t what YOUR saying it’s what IM saying”.
    Everybody has their own definition, this is mine.
    You're free to present yours, i refute them based on certain reasons, you're free to disagree with those as well.

    This is called a discussion, if you cannot this basic reality that people with different views clash, then that's not really my problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonf View Post
    Why does the game start at 1 instead of just 58 then? Because for some people 1-58 may be included in that tbc journey. Why is there a boost? Because to some people 1-58 is classic journey not tbcs.
    And then why is at a paid service?
    It's not like there is an extraordinary amount of work involved for Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    Don't be fooled the people kicking up a storm over this are the boosters, they are seeing their lost gold or IRL money go away with this blizzard boost.
    I haven't even boosted a single character in Classic to 60 (which are 4 in total btw.) nor that of any other, but thanks for the random accusation.

    This accusation seems even more stupid under the light that there was a pretty huge thread on MMO-C regarding a gold wipe and i happened to be in favour of the goldwipe, which doesn't make a lot of sense as i would have advocated for the deletion of gold that i, going by this accusation, wanted to make with boosting.

    But yes, whenever somebody argues in favour / against something, it's only because they directly gain some form of currency out of it, no other option.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-02 at 11:01 PM.

  5. #585
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Oh please, don't tell me i'm conflating things when you attempt sell that "Classic experience" means "TBC Experience" to people that started in TBC.

    An experience, that by that way, started from level one.
    Except that’s exactly what you’re doing. You’re assuming that people who want the TBC experience also want the Classic experience, or that they should have to endure it.

    Maybe the intention is NOT to endure them in an all-or-nothing, linear manner for the Classic series.

    A single boost per account is a pretty targeted restriction. You either get:

    - people who know exactly what they want to play (Class, Realm, Faction) and they know they want to play TBC.

    - people who don’t know, use the boost, dislike something and re-level the next thing (from 1).

    This is such a small, insignificant hill to die on. If you’re going to worry about the disruption, it should be focused on the abuse of profession CDs the boost will bring.

    But please, complain more about some leveling nostalgia that barely had a 3-month shelf life after the Classic community destroyed it on their own, no intervention from Blizzard needed.

  6. #586
    I suppose players in BC also gotta make a living. Missing out on "Helping" low lvls in the awesome classic leveling experience - dungeon boosts.

  7. #587
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    But please, complain more about some leveling nostalgia that barely had a 3-month shelf life after the Classic community destroyed it on their own, no intervention from Blizzard needed.
    "Vanilla levelling was all about the journey" - Proceeds to aoe spam dungeons, and even did dungeon raid xp exploit before it was fixed.

    Always made me laugh.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  8. #588
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    "Vanilla levelling was all about the journey" - Proceeds to aoe spam dungeons, and even did dungeon raid xp exploit before it was fixed.

    Always made me laugh.
    Whats even more funny is that everyone who preached for classic to return always praised the world and leveling. It was all about the journey to 60. Even several profiles in the streaming world said this. Couldnt wait to enter Azeroth and experience wow as it was supposed to be played!

    Goes ahead spending all day, everyday, in dungeons with optimal cleave/aoe grp.
    Farms dungeons this way until eyes bleed.
    Reach 60.
    Regret everything.

  9. #589
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Except that’s exactly what you’re doing. You’re assuming that people who want the TBC experience also want the Classic experience, or that they should have to endure it.
    Because leveling from 1 is part of TBC, just like you have to do on those servers meant for the "TBC experience" if you're unwilling to hand Blizzard more cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    This is such a small, insignificant hill to die on. If you’re going to worry about the disruption, it should be focused on the abuse of profession CDs the boost will bring.
    A few pages earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    and the people that stay for the ride are left with prospect of said boost getting abused by botters & people abusing it for profession alts.
    An arguement that literally none of the advocates felt worth addressing by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    But please, complain more about some leveling nostalgia that barely had a 3-month shelf life after the Classic community destroyed it on their own, no intervention from Blizzard needed.
    Where's the nostalgia in my posts?
    I said leveling is part of the TBC experience, that's it. Period.

    And this discussion about boosting is also something i've already discussed at length, so i'll leave it at "there is maybe more to this than "classic leveling sucks".
    As i don't feel the urge to continously dig through my post history because some person that entered this discussion at page X thinks they're smart for pointing something out that someone else did pages earlier.

  10. #590
    Hell yeah boosts are great. Classic leveling is pure ass, gimme the raids.

  11. #591
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    6,583
    This is probably the biggest non-issue in WoW and I'm glad to see Blizzard stand up to the lies that the community tells about the importance of the leveling experience.

    Quite honestly this one simple one time boost is literally the difference between me playing BC or not playing BC. If I had to level through Classic again, which is a completely unfun experience (probably why people get boosted through it?) I honestly wouldn't even consider playing BC classic. My Classic class got absolutely shit on in BC so I'd need to reroll if I didn't want to be carried. It wouldn't be worth it without the one time boost.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| retired.

  12. #592
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    This is probably the biggest non-issue in WoW and I'm glad to see Blizzard stand up to the lies that the community tells about the importance of the leveling experience.

    Quite honestly this one simple one time boost is literally the difference between me playing BC or not playing BC. If I had to level through Classic again, which is a completely unfun experience (probably why people get boosted through it?) I honestly wouldn't even consider playing BC classic. My Classic class got absolutely shit on in BC so I'd need to reroll if I didn't want to be carried. It wouldn't be worth it without the one time boost.

    This.

    It's a fairly big nothing.
    Yes, OMG they sold something. I don't really jive with it other times but... meh.

    It's literally a 1 character classic levelling grind skip. End of.
    Getting 1 toon to TBC level for no effort isn't going to break anything.
    There's a LOT of ppl don't appreciate the "world of walking" classic experience until mounted and epic mounted. This avoids that, probably brings a few more folks in and we all get healthier realm pops going into TBC. It's a non-issue outside of knee-jerking folk who want to complain at everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

  13. #593
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Because leveling from 1 is part of TBC, just like you have to do on those servers meant for the "TBC experience" if you're unwilling to hand Blizzard more cash.
    So, like everything else in life and completely in line with both their retail product and the industry norm?

    Perhaps you’ve had to repeat yourself because you’ve failed to convincingly explain why your opinion is accurate and theirs is not.

    58 isn’t the finish line and this is a choice that nobody is required to take or negatively impacted by those who do.

  14. #594
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    I'll just copy and paste my response from another thread because you aren't even worth the effort.
    That's just you trying to rationalize liking p2w. The same thing can be said with all mobile games or world of tanks too. If you start 5 years later than others and put in 1000 euros to catch up then it's not pay to win anymore?
    Does that affect other vanilla patches? Since After Naxxramas came out MC and AQ are old content.

    We even have Belfs and Draenei that especially don't get the p2w boost. They even limited it at only 1. It's very clear it's a pay money to gain power feature that they limited.
    Last edited by kukkamies; 2021-03-03 at 06:48 AM.

  15. #595
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,372
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    That's just you trying to rationalize liking p2w. The same thing can be said with all mobile games or world of tanks too. If you start 5 years later than others and put in 1000 euros to catch up then it's not pay to win anymore?
    Does that affect other vanilla patches? Since After Naxxramas came out MC and AQ are old content.

    We even have Belfs and Draenei that especially don't get the p2w boost. They even limited it at only 1. It's very clear it's a pay money to gain power feature that they limited.
    You clearly are completely oblivious to what pay to win actually is, your opinion couldn't possibly be more irrelevant if you tried..
    Speciation Is Gradual

  16. #596
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    You clearly are completely oblivious to what pay to win actually is, your opinion couldn't possibly be more irrelevant if you tried..
    Do you have any real explanations other than ad hominems? Since you answered none of my questions.

  17. #597
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    it kills the old world
    The old world dies the second a new expansions come out. It was even worse back in the day when noone wanted to go back and touch vanilla stuff until they were waiting for Wrath in prepatch.

    People want to play BC, not Vanilla. The leveling system is antiqued and needed an overhaul, and Blizzard made one that scores them $ everytime you want to play the game you paid for.

  18. #598
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by tyranade View Post
    That’s how the original game was. You levelled from scratch. That’s the point of Classic, to reenact the game as it once was. Nobody could get a level 58 from start in TBC. It hasn’t got anything to do with “stopping people playing from 58’’ but to stop the game from being something else than it once was.
    Well you got what you wanted and people that want the Classic experience, like myself, may not play. I’m not reviewing my subscription.
    I see your point, but there's a difference from Classic and "starting fresh" at for Burning Crusade, some people don't want to level through classic to play BC. I don't see the problem against it. You can't boost Draenei or Belfs and you're getting a 58 and not a 60. Gate keeping is not a good look anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

  19. #599
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    So, like everything else in life and completely in line with both their retail product and the industry norm?
    In other words, for the sake of consistency TBC and Retail should be the same?
    Sure, let's also add the WoW Token, LFD, LFR, remove attunements and add catchup mechanics with every single patch so you can skip right past the previous tier - they are also in Retail and have become the norm for a lot of MMO's!

    Trying to argue that TBC should be consistent with a product, whose evolution is pretty much the Raison d'être to those Classic / TBC servers is utterly nonsensical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Perhaps you’ve had to repeat yourself because you’ve failed to convincingly explain why your opinion is accurate and theirs is not.
    You mean the opinion of those people that essentially is "i don't want to level through Classic?"

    If you're going to say i'm not explaining my opinion properly, maybe you should come with a better reason by on your own.

    I explained my reason multiple times by now, simply because i'm not going further and come with new reasons, doesn't mean i've failed to "convincingly explain", that's just you saying "no, it doesn't count!", which is not an appropriate response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    58 isn’t the finish line and this is a choice that nobody is required to take or negatively impacted by those who do.
    So going by your earlier comment that Classic leveling is dead, it's going to impact those that want to level without paying for the boost, as they will lack other players around them to complete certain quests or consistently run dungeons.

    It's pretty difficult to shit on classic leveling, something that is designed around having lots of people engaging in it, then saying the ability to skip past it will negatively impact nobody, it's obviously going to have a negative impact on those that aren't willing to pay for the boost.

    By that way, have you come up with a good solution for the whole botters / profession alt abuse?
    Considering you brought it up, i guess you have a good solution for this issue.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-03 at 08:04 AM.

  20. #600
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    That's just you trying to rationalize liking p2w. The same thing can be said with all mobile games or world of tanks too. If you start 5 years later than others and put in 1000 euros to catch up then it's not pay to win anymore?
    Does that affect other vanilla patches? Since After Naxxramas came out MC and AQ are old content.

    We even have Belfs and Draenei that especially don't get the p2w boost. They even limited it at only 1. It's very clear it's a pay money to gain power feature that they limited.
    Simple question for you: What are they winning? What does this boost win for whoever uses it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •