Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

And puts a turbobooster onto another one because goldfarmers don't even need to fear a ban wave anymore, they will get their bot network back within days even after the most brutal banwave, because it's perfectly fine to get a multitude of accounts, buy boosts on every single one of them and commence the botting.
    But market demand on gold and boosts will decrese. Lower need = low demand = low profit = low market base thats simple open market rule.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    But market demand on gold and boosts will decrese. Lower need = low demand = low profit = low market base thats simple open market rule.
    You seriously believe the demand for gold will decrease in TBC?

As a matter of fact, i have already identified a certain audience that goes into TBC with
    -no epic mount
    -no professions
    -blue gear
    -no gold
    And on top of that displays a certain willingless to pay real money for ingame services (especially to skip "boring stuff") meaning not everybody within that audience has necessarily an aversion for RMT.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-03 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    They can do it if they want to. It's still p2w. That's why there should be fresh realms without boosts, and the ones who don't mind can play on existing realms. I never said they should endure it. They can be on their p2w realms all they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you heard of a saying win a battle but lose a war? It's used with narrow minded commanders. There's many parts to the game.
    Personally I don't enjoy raiding at all and it's really boring. I don't call it winning. To me dailies, gold and 70lvls are winning. So I should be able to buy Sunwell gear for money and it's not p2w?
    I appreciate your effort but the comparison is faulty.

The boost simply buys you time, not player power. You win something between 130-150 hours of 1-58.

Is it a lot? Is it not? Everyone will have his opinion but that’s all you win.

Which however doesn't work for a game that's not supposed to follow that design.
    The entire point of Classic & TBC is to experience a game that followed a different design, not retrofit the modern design onto the old game.

This is such an utterly nonsensical arguement because it virtually justifies to bring over anything from the modern game, those very same metrics dictated them to alter the face of the game.

Like really, if you think about this arguement, it can be summed up as: TBC should be more like Retail.
    And then you are surprised that some people oppose that?
    It does neither of those things. I'm saying that their standpoint of:

For those who haven’t had the opportunity to play through WoW Classic or who are Burning Crusade fans looking to experience Outland right away, we’ll also be offering a way to boost to level 58.
    and

I think it might be helpful to note that what we’re now calling WoW Classic Era realms start at Level 1, and we feel the same as we did two years ago: no Boost would ever be needed (or appropriate) there. When we originally laid out our principles for WoW Classic, the 1-60 experience was the only thing to which we could refer.

Burning Crusade Classic begins at level 58, and we’re configuring this new Boost service to avoid minimizing the accomplishments of existing players or skipping any new content at launch. It’s for players who want a way to quickly join their friends in Outland.
    aligns with their boost offerings at new expansion launches in retail. That does not translate to "please bring all the retail services over to Classic".

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already answered many times. 58 gets you a lot closer to winning the game. It's a big increase in power compared to one who didn't buy the boost. Buying the game isn't p2w because everyone is on equal playfield. Boost means we are running a 10km running competition but boosted start at halfway done while non-boosted starts at beginning. Buying would be like an entrance fee to join the competition, everyone still starts on same line.
    you can't compair it with running, cuz the entire point of running is getting to the end fastest, in wow thats not the case, getting gear and doing pve/pvp is the end game, so if it would be p2w, you would have to get boosted to 70 and get gear other people who didnt pay couldnt get

But if its p2w at 58, you dont even know what it means

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    aligns with their boost offerings at new expansion launches in retail.
    This is just semantics and you know it, character boosts weren't even handed out until WoD.

It's the same logic that's being applied, "Retail does it, so (TBC) Classic should do it as well" and that's basically rephrasing what i said above and thus remains nonsense.

This is just semantics and you know it, character boosts weren't even handed out until WoD.

It's the same logic that's being applied, "Retail does it, so (TBC) Classic should do it as well" and that's basically rephrasing what i said above and thus remains nonsense.
    I literally quoted a lead producer/director/engineer from the official TBC Classic page and a Blue from the official forums and drew an obvious comparison to boosts offered when purchasing an expansion. That in no way means I support WoW tokens, race/faction changes, etc.

Ah you were talking about only the boost. My conversation was about fresh realms and how boosts are here instead of them.
    I'm still fine with boosts if they are only to old realms. Just give fresh realms with no boosts and no old characters. The current realms are already ruined anyway so boosts won't hurt much. P2w and non-p2w realm would be awesome.
    There is no p2w here. People need to stop using that term because it is being misused.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    There is no p2w here. People need to stop using that term because it is being misused.
    Clearly logging into a level 58 with 5g, dungeon blues, no reputation/professions and a slow ass mount that you're 995g away from upgrading is going to rocket you ahead to *checks notes* walking through the dark portal and begin questing 2 levels below everyone else.

uhm, tbc wasn't that much about leveling anyways, its the best pvp expansion up to date.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthasDidNothingWrong View Post
    Dude but you aren’t even thinking of this one minor group that I’m not even apart of! The group of people who didn’t play classic, wants to play tbc, and also doesn’t want to pay for a boost! WHAT ABOUT THIS EXTREMELY NICHE GROUP THAT IM NOT EVEN ASSOCIATED WITH!
    I see your sarcasm and raise you

"how will mages get paid for power leveling lazies through Classic content if everyone gets a shiny new 58 to start the actual expansions content with"

I for one am outraged

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Now you can just buy your way to 50
    LOL someone hasn't read their LookingForGroup channel in the last 15 or so months

Quote Originally Posted by ArthasDidNothingWrong View Post
    Dude but you aren’t even thinking of this one minor group that I’m not even apart of! The group of people who didn’t play classic, wants to play tbc, and also doesn’t want to pay for a boost! WHAT ABOUT THIS EXTREMELY NICHE GROUP THAT IM NOT EVEN ASSOCIATED WITH!
    Then don't pay for a boost. You aren't required to buy one. YOua re trying to dictate that others play your way when you can simply not boost and play your way while those that boost play their way.

You have committed crimes against TBC's integrity by despoiling it with retail RMT / boost / P2W features. The charge is high treason!

Bah, you and your lackeys seek to destroy TBC, not revive it!

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Then don't pay for a boost. You aren't required to buy one. YOua re trying to dictate that others play your way when you can simply not boost and play your way while those that boost play their way.
    I think he was being sarcastic

Honestly this thread is a lot of fun. But I'm still waiting for 1 question to be answered:
    What is the downside of a lvl58 character boost?
    We can even pretend that it's p2w if you want since that's the most uninteresting non-answer, so seriously what's the actual downside?

I literally quoted a lead producer/director/engineer from the official TBC Classic page and a Blue from the official forums
    Because Blizzard is an unbiased party in that aspect?

I still argue that Blizzard themselves fall into the same logical fallacy, they argue in this post that TBC experience starts at 58, but want everyone who hasn't played Classic or is not willing to purchase starts off at one, because [reasons].
    Either the TBC experience starts at 58 and subsequently everyone who wants to play TBC should have access to a 58 or nobody that doesn't already have a max level character gets access to one.
    But Blizzard drives this "actually the experience this server is supposed to deliver starts at 58, but you'll have to start at 1 unless you pay us", because they can and make money off it, plain and simple.
    and drew an obvious comparison to boosts offered when purchasing an expansion.
    A small difference being that a character boost is a bonus on top of that expansion itself (at least for WoD & Legion), TBC does not come with an extra fee, they charge you money because they know people will pay for it.

And obviously the fact that Blizzard also withheld such a service for a multitude of expansions until recently.
    That in no way means I support WoW tokens, race/faction changes, etc.
    The crux is that the very arguements you've applied can also be applied on those.
    You want to argue "no, that's different!", i really don't think it is when you argue thatTBC is being designed to be "consistent" with retail and thus follows the modern approach that is guided by "engagement metrics".
    I sure as shit know some prime candidates for the WoW token once they enter Outland with virtually nothing, not even an epic mount or a profession to farm gold in an economy that's about to become even more inflated.

Quite frankly, i don't even understand why this is the hill you want to die on.
    It's a self explaining case and it's pretty obvious to me that because this is such a critical element for you to access TBC, you try your hardest to justify it, when in reality the boost simply cannot be reunited with the spirit of the game.

And if we're you, i'd just leave it at what i said earlier: say that you don't care, you just want to skip classic leveling and are willing to pay for it.
    Boom, no further need of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, just say you want those edges off the square so its suits you.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-03 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And on top of that displays a certain willingless to pay real money for ingame services (especially to skip "boring stuff") meaning not everybody within that audience has necessarily an aversion for RMT.
    There is a big, big difference in paying to skip 7 days of torturous boredom in a fucking terrible levelling system and paying for gold.

I don't know about others, but I actually liked farming stuff and watching my gold go up as I got closer to that epic flying.

Doing 1-60 though? Now that was shit. I somehow managed to do it twice in actual vanilla and then once again on a draenei shaman in tbc. The levelling in Azeroth—especially after playing through TBC zones—was just fucking awful, and classic is right there to prove it.

TBC levelling is pretty bad compared to newer content now, but old Azeroth was just a whole other level of dogshit.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Half the people in this thread could start an argument with themselves in an empty house.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    I don't know about others, but I actually liked farming stuff and watching my gold go up as I got closer to that epic flying.
    And it is, as you implied, a personal preference of yours and i don't think it's long shot to that a lot of those have a different feeling about this.

Because those people that will take the boost enter Outland literally broke, they still have to even acquire the epic mount, which is around 600g in TBC, then they still need to pay for all the skills they're learning (which aren't cheap as anybody that has leveled in Classic will attest), while you have to save most of your gold for flying and epic flying in the back.

Disregarding that leveling a gathering profession is also an undertaking and leveling a crafting profession will also take some gold during TBC launch, especially the Outland portion, partially due to the inflated economy.
    Without any gathering profession, you will also struggle to enter the market, because farming Primal Elements in early TBC will be a real test of patience.

Sorry, i'm not buying it that the vast majority of those people that hate on Classic leveling for being too boring or monotenous will suddenly make a complete 180° when it comes to goldfarming and find joy in it, especially when that very first step to farm gold (if they choose a gathering profession that is) ironically involves going back to the world they skipped.