Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ...
26
34
35
36
37
38
LastLast
  1. #701
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    There is rain of gold throu lvling 60-70. Gap will be filled.
    Good thing there is a flight trainer ready to relief you of all that gold once you hit maxlevel.
    And the first ~600g will go down the drain for epic riding, so that's even less gold they're left with.
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    TBC would not be fresh world full of just boosted toons. Think about it. Not every one will buy boost dude xd Boost is goin to be a MINOR.
    I didn't make any claims about the number of people that will be using the boost, i made the claim that a lot of those will be compelled to engage in RMT.
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    My guildes have already 5-10k g per account for example.
    Doesn't this further proof that people which enter TBC with virtually nothing feel compelled to engage in RMT in order to...catch up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I think magtheridon was quite tough, but grulls lair wasn't hard, mulgore simply requires a mage that can spell steal, and grull himself, shatter wasn't difficult to avoid the room is massive so its not like you can't spread out.
    Gruul received at least two nerfs throughout TBC and requires a modicum of personal responsibility to deal with mechanics and if Naxx has been any indication how the average person deals with such things, it's going to be a pain for a lot more guilds.
    Especially then with world buffs being absent and thus no longer allowing you to just brute force a boss.

    Then skipping out on consumables as well will make things worse.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-04 at 08:58 AM.

  2. #702
    TBC will loose some many players already, and it didn't even started yet. I love TBC, my Friends love TBC...but there is noway i play TBC classic without FRESH servers, zo i dont have to play with gold farming GDKP playing classic people decked in T3 oneshotting everything untill Illidan..not even a boost can help that. Soo FRESH servers, or they miss out hunderds of thousends of people.

  3. #703
    we'll just have to see how it goes, I see grulls lair and mags falling over before karazhan, probably be easier to get 25 ppl to level 70 and clear those instances, before you have 10 ppl attuned to karazhan. at least 10 ppl that can make a viable raid.

    you won't need to flask karazhan and grull and mags will be dead in less than 1hr.

    the moment a guild has 25 ppl at level 70, grulls lair is cleared and magtheridon. that day. there won't be some massive road block or bottleneck. it'll simply be a matter of just having 25 level 70s. the ones who manage this in week 1 will most likely have the t3 to make it easy. or at least make it require less overall grinding of heroics. compared to 25 ppl who are going to have to grind heroics for gear.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-03-04 at 09:05 AM.

  4. #704
    You're still at it... "wow"... Boosts exist, deal with it or play on an illegal PS

  5. #705
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    the moment a guild has 25 ppl at level 70, grulls lair is cleared and magtheridon. that day.
    The most hardcore guilds also clear Naxx under an hour, yet that's not exactly the standard Naxx clear.

    I didn't say it's impossible, i said that your MC comparison is wrong and that there will be more people struggling on Gruul / Magtheridon, Flasks help out tremendously on those fights.
    Disregarding that those people that will clear Gruul & Mag very early will be using Flask.
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    You're still at it... "wow"... Boosts exist, deal with it or play on an illegal PS
    You know, it always takes more than one person to argue, it's just that every two pages, a new person comes in and takes over, but nice baton run you've been pulling off.

    Want this discussion to end?
    Stop replying, pretty simple.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-04 at 09:10 AM.

  6. #706
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    we'll just have to see how it goes, I see grulls lair and mags falling over before karazhan, probably be easier to get 25 ppl to level 70 and clear those instances, before you have 10 ppl attuned to karazhan. at least 10 ppl that can make a viable raid.

    you won't need to flask karazhan and grull and mags will be dead in less than 1hr.

    the moment a guild has 25 ppl at level 70, grulls lair is cleared and magtheridon. that day. there won't be some massive road block or bottleneck. it'll simply be a matter of just having 25 level 70s. the ones who manage this in week 1 will most likely have the t3 to make it easy. or at least make it require less overall grinding of heroics. compared to 25 ppl who are going to have to grind heroics for gear.
    Yeah we were just out of vanilla with crappy stuff and people still mouse clicking, and these raids were easy even in 2007 lol
    Heroic dungeons were harder

    But I wasnt using FLASKS but elixirs, which were better if I remember correctly
    Last edited by vashe9; 2021-03-04 at 09:09 AM.

  7. #707
    and there will be those who do it without and don't struggle at all. don't see why its only going to be one way.

    t4 was real easy and very puggable, t5 maybe not so much.

    I don't think you can pug naxx for example, I think you can maybe do a few bosses in there with a random group, but you're going to hit real gear checks. while there isn't much gear check in t4, classic has already showed me how good healers are today, compared to how they were. with the increased tool kits, its only going to be easier.

    t5 is closer to naxx i think because it actually has gear check or soft enrage mechanics where if things take too long you just die to attrition, this doesn't happen in t4.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-03-04 at 09:14 AM.

  8. #708
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    but you're going to hit real gear checks. while there isn't much gear check in t4
    Gruul is a gearcheck, the entire fight is built around a soft enrage that makes every mechanic more deadly.

  9. #709
    its a tank and spank fight though, you have two mechanics, rock fall and shatter. he has less mechanics than onyxia. if you can kill onyxia you can probably kill grull. I would even say mulgore is harder simply because more things are happening, I feel like I remember mages getting spell resists on spell steal and dying.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-03-04 at 03:13 PM.

  10. #710
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedny22 View Post
    TBC will loose some many players already, and it didn't even started yet. I love TBC, my Friends love TBC...but there is noway i play TBC classic without FRESH servers, zo i dont have to play with gold farming GDKP playing classic people decked in T3 oneshotting everything untill Illidan..not even a boost can help that. Soo FRESH servers, or they miss out hunderds of thousends of people.
    It doesnt matter. You are only delaying the inevitable. Its going to happen sooner rather than later on a fresh server to. Even fresh servers will be filled with bots, boosters, GDKP and whatnot.

    If you and your friends are very quick at leveling+doing everything raid related when reaching lvl 70, you might experience a "normal" server. But that relys on you being quick and rush it.

  11. #711
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    Of course no one is thinking that. It's so obvious 58lvl is more powerful than 1lvl. It should also be obvious that gaining the 57lvls for paying money is a power increase. Power pretty much equals time until raids. Saving the around 100 hours of levelling means you are more powerful than one who didn't get the boost for that 100h + the time it takes from 58 to full dungeon gear. Then weekly time gates kick in and the no boost can catch up.

    So it's around a 150 or 200 hours of power increase compared to no boost?
    No?

    Lvl 1-60 in prepatch and TBC is SUPER fast compared to now. We are talking 2 days played for lvl 60. While questing solo. Getting Stockades->SFK->SM boosts Will Bring that down even more.

    Its nothing at all but a simple time save for those who just want to jump straight into TBC. At a Hard disadvantage as well.

  12. #712
    Brewmaster czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Good thing there is a flight trainer ready to relief you of all that gold once you hit maxlevel.
    And the first ~600g will go down the drain for epic riding, so that's even less gold they're left with.

    I didn't make any claims about the number of people that will be using the boost, i made the claim that a lot of those will be compelled to engage in RMT.

    Doesn't this further proof that people which enter TBC with virtually nothing feel compelled to engage in RMT in order to...catch up?
    So you still believe that shop boost is still a problem for anyone that leveling from the bottom? Its still flyin sink trainer nothin has been changed. Ull sink this gold anyways u got boost or not. Ok assume there is no payboost. You lvlup normal way from the bottom lvl1 to 70lvl. U drop gold into sink. You lvl up after boost 58-70 you still drop gold in sink. There are two ways. You lvl up 1-70. You dinged 70 and the major players base is full raid epic geared you are pretty alone in here or you buy boost 58 and run with them throu content. Thats how classic worked. Its a race.

  13. #713
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Just funny that so many will buy the boost only to then realize that TBC isn’t some savings grace and quit like classic. It’s just free money for blizzard lol. Rather smart
    It's definitely better than classic, all specs are viable (we expect people to find build on the internet) and the leveling from 58-70 is A LOT faster than vanilla 1-60, and there are a lot of dungeons to level up

  14. #714
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    So you still believe that shop boost is still a problem for anyone that leveling from the bottom?
    You really now want to shift back to this?
    Maybe for the sake of the discussion deal with one topic at a time?
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Its still flyin sink trainer nothin has been changed. Ull sink this gold anyways u got boost or not.
    Somebody that has levelled the regular way has however more gold and possibly also leveled professions to some degree, they're not in the same situation as the people that that will be using a boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Thats how classic worked. Its a race.
    You are aware what sort of admission you are making when you say it's a race and fully support a service that allows people to skip something?
    You know what a "skip" means in the context of a "race"?

  15. #715
    Stood in the Fire keelr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Kun Lai Summit
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

    Somebody that has levelled the regular way has however more gold and possibly also leveled professions to some degree, they're not in the same situation as the people that that will be using a boost.
    If you level a character and you buying the lvl 40riding+mount and train every spell you have close to 0 gold at lvl58. Also you meet close to noone at levvling at this point in the game. I just tried it on one of the most populated EU realms, and most ppl are just getting boosted by mages, ive met a handful of ppl while levelling to 21 and they were hardly the same level, we coulsnt even have do anything together.

  16. #716
    Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    If you level a character and you buying the lvl 40riding+mount and train every spell you have close to 0 gold at lvl58.
    You already make a substantial amount of gold by just learning two gathering professions and selling the early game mats.
    Copper right now sells for 20s/ore on my server (a price that might fluctuate with the launch of TBC), riding in TBC costs 35g, so you get a substantial amount of gold for the 30 mount (it got reduced to 30 in mid TBC) by just learning mining, questing and farming copper in your starting zone.

    Now learn skinning as well and you can make even more money while also leveling, if you also manage to get those (close) to 300 before you hit 58, you can even start farming while questing in Outland, which will be certainly quite a blessing for any person that doesn't have thousands of gold, because any TBC material will be in high demand.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-04 at 10:31 AM.

  17. #717
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    The point is NOT the engage 1-58, since it doesn't matter at all. (that's an upside, not a downside)
    As for those other 2... what??
    It’s a single boost per account. Every other character is going to be making the 1-58 journey.

    Fewer 1-58 mats means it’ll be more costly (time/gold) to switch professions.

    Profession CDs are huge in TBC. Alt accounts with a paid 58 boost to create two new daily profession CDs (eg Primal Mooncloth) is going to be abused.

  18. #718
    Brewmaster czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

    You are aware what sort of admission you are making when you say it's a race and fully support a service that allows people to skip something?
    You know what a "skip" means in the context of a "race"?
    Race for TBC starts in hellfire penisula not in durotar lol. That is not a really skip its more or less take a position in right place or go slack behind us.

  19. #719
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    No?

    Lvl 1-60 in prepatch and TBC is SUPER fast compared to now. We are talking 2 days played for lvl 60. While questing solo. Getting Stockades->SFK->SM boosts Will Bring that down even more.

    Its nothing at all but a simple time save for those who just want to jump straight into TBC. At a Hard disadvantage as well.
    "Super fast"

    The 2.3 levelling nerf was only like 18% or so. Post 2.3 levelling in Azeroth was still shit, just not quite as shit as pre 2.3 levelling. The main change to the levelling process in 2.3 was the reduction of elites and slightly reduced emphasis on grouping and having to run around like a fucking idiot between zones to complete a single questline because you could actually stay a little longer and get some dings going.

    Regardless on how I dislike some of the quests in general, for 1-70:

    Cataclysm Rehash Levelling (1-60) > TBC Levelling (58-70) >>> Post Nerf Azeroth (1-60) >>>> Pre Nerf Azeroth (1-60)

    TBC Levelling shat on Vanilla and while I don't particularly like many of the questlines for Cataclysm, the process is a marked improvement especially on Vanilla Azeroth.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2021-03-04 at 11:35 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  20. #720
    How much RMT will Blizz make off mounts and boosts?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •