Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why did the op change the thread title?

Wasn’t it something like “pay to win lol” in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Right.
    There is no "massive advantage".
    It saves the person going through 200+ hours of leveling through a dreadfully boring experience just one time, while being limited to classic race/class combos, and that's it.
    It gives them the slow mount, a pittance of gold, and gear enough to die if they pull more than one boar in HFP.
    Everyone who "earned" their level will have better gear, more gold, better mount, easier time leveling, and will hit 70 faster.
    Any alts, back to the slog they go.
    Right, a 200 hour head start isn't a massive advantage. And someone actually leveling to 58 will have better gear than a full set of blues and somehow like 650 gold for the epic mount skill. On top of having even more gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

There's two threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Please explain to me how someone boosting to 58 during the pre patch hurts you in ANY way... First of all, they still have to hit 60 before BC launches. Then, they still have to level to 70 right along side you. They get a mount and some classic dungeon blues. Thats literally nothing. Its not even epic mount. Its the level 40 mount. lol.

Explain it because Im failing to find any logical reason. Youre crying just to cry.

- - - Updated - - -

The boost isnt for vanilla. Its for BC classic. Noone is going to be boost a toon to 58 and then play classic. I promise you that. lol. The rules arent even clear on whether or not you can even do that. Actually, they are clear. Seeing as how the server your classic character is currently on is going to venture into BC. Any character created there is going to go to BC.Id be willing to bet that the boost isnt going to be active on the classic only realms.

its looking like blizzard is going to separate the servers at the BC pre patch launch. At that point you will choose to remain on the server and head into BC or sned your character to a classic only realm. This will also be the point at which you are given the option to boost one toon.
    Because if you had to level from 1 you would go through the works of questing or dungeoning collecting mats and items that would go into the economy that in vanilla are in fact used in TBC too such as enchanting. Right now there's an influx of levelers due to the TBC announcement and it makes the world feel more alive. But it doesn't matter, take your level 58 boost and quit within and month and go back to retail and go ask for more mounts to buy in the shop you snowflake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    Yeah thats fine but other people care for TBC not vanilla so why punish them by ether forcing them to play vanilla or missing out on TBC?
    Because its not like retail. Vanilla still plays a significant part in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.
    I mean they gave up on actually reproducing the classic experience a long time ago. Hard to get upset about it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    Because if you had to level from 1 you would go through the works of questing or dungeoning collecting mats and items that would go into the economy that in vanilla are in fact used in TBC too such as enchanting. Right now there's an influx of levelers due to the TBC announcement and it makes the world feel more alive. But it doesn't matter, take your level 58 boost and quit within and month and go back to retail and go ask for more mounts to buy in the shop you snowflake.

- - - Updated - - -

Because its not like retail. Vanilla still plays a significant part in TBC.
    The only part it plays at 70 is professions/mats if you decide to roll a new one. Oh, and to get to Kharazan, yes.

Else there’s no reason to do stuff in old zones apart from personal specific interests.

The only part it plays at 70 is professions/mats if you decide to roll a new one. Oh, and to get to Kharazan, yes.

Else there’s no reason to do stuff in old zones apart from personal specific interests.
    Well then you'll know that people are stockpiling for professional rerolls. It's a huge thing in tbc.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Totally anti-classic ethos.
    QFT

Too many have forgotten that Blizz was dead set against gold sellers and leveling services at least through Cata.

Now that Blizz gets the money for those things...suddenly it's just fine.

Blizz is just another corporation anymore...profit first, everything else is secondary. The only thing I'm surprised about is that they waited this long to sell these things in Classic.

Wait:

“This boost will not be usable on Classic Era realms or on the new blood elf or draenei races; in addition, players will be limited to boosting only one character per World of Warcraft account. Further details, including details around pricing and availability, will be announced at a later date.”

It’s a “once in a lifetime and for one char only” boost? If yes, how did this thread reach 20+ pages?

Its a diff thread, but its just the same kids screaming p2w p2w p2w! their standards must be pretty pathetic to consider skipping the trash leveling in classic as some kind of advantage, i guess leveling in classic gave them fullfilment, actually sad xd

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    QFT

Too many have forgotten that Blizz was dead set against gold sellers and leveling services at least through Cata.

Now that Blizz gets the money for those things...suddenly it's just fine.

Blizz is just another corporation anymore...profit first, everything else is secondary. The only thing I'm surprised about is that they waited this long to sell these things in Classic.
    Yes Blizz changed, but I'd argue the community has changed more. For better or for worse is subjective, but just the basic idea of spending money on a game you have already paid for is a widely accepted practice now by players and has been for at least a decade. Gaming is more catered to instant gratification than anything else. Just look at what Classic has become already. Everything from the world buff meta, to ZG boosts, to GDKP is a testament to this.

Whether this is good or bad is entirely subjective, but it doesn't matter, it's just how it is now.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Its a diff thread, but its just the same kids screaming p2w p2w p2w! their standards must be pretty pathetic to consider skipping the trash leveling in classic as some kind of advantage, i guess leveling in classic gave them fullfilment, actually sad xd
    As I said in the other thread, it’s the usual “I worked for it ages ago, you have too even today” mentality. The boost does not clearly provide ANY advantage in TBC content (that is ALL that matters), they are just mad because someone can skip the leveling tedium they had to bear, even if is ONE time only for account and for only ONE char. I can partially understand it, but at least let’s try to be honest.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-02-24 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    For better or for worse is subjective, but just the basic idea of spending money on a game you have already paid for is a widely accepted practice now by players and has been for at least a decade.
    The issue is that some posters are offended by the fact that people are gonna be able to skip the leveling rather than the skip costing cash, which is hilarious, what kind of player considers leveling as some kind of mandatory progress towards your character in 2021 lmao, your progression is found on endgame by clearing all the raids and gearing yourself completely so you can say "im done", or pvp also since thats gonna be a thing now, and blizz is giving the option to skip the useless leveling in classic experience that only a tiny fraction of the community cares about, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    QFT

wasnt that more bcs some shady sellers who used it to mine for info and basicaly did damage to both blizzard and playerbase?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I don't even think the game should be completely wipe free, failing happens, not everyone is amazing in classic and ass pulling happens. ppl forgetting things, happens, I think i'm quite tolerant when it comes to alsorts of things. i do think the normal versions of the dungeons will be face roll but i have a feeling that some of the heroics are going to be surprising to some ppl, i haven't healed myself in naxx, but I would probably compare the damage dealt by the trash in naxx to the damage in heroics, there are definitely some pulls that were borderline untankable without some CC. or kiting, the heroics did change though and ppl did get better gear, so while I do remember getting absolutely destroyed and wiping many many times in different heroics, they did also eventually get nerfed and the gear eventually made them easier also repetition. i'm sure i'm going to be rusty as hell so I have to learn to tank these dungeons and raids. since I played during legion I feel like some of karazhan is going to be pretty fresh for me and I don't see me having a problem tanking that, but pre nerf heroics scare me a little bit, i know they could be wipey some pulls were always extremely sketch even when you had gear it wasn't exactly hard to wipe. heroics and mythics have been out for some time now and ppl are used to them, the first time I did a heroic I did not anticipate the scale of damage. most of what I healed in classic was quite tame, but trying to keep dungeon geared tanks alive doing those early heroics with probably minmal if any CC, it was quite challenging but you kinda had to adapt and just do your best. you still had ppl who were learning to tank and they didn't always hold aggro but the scale of the damage meant you had fade on cooldown most of the time. tbc heroics give me some amount of ptsd the mobs in there could one shot my priest so I really didn't enjoy heroics all that much, they were fun and i healed like a champ but they just always felt super sketchy to me, one wrong move and it was asspulls or the tank doesn't grab an add, well i'm probably dead. I remember it being equally shit and fun. fun and challenging, shit because I was thin and died very easily. karazhan was always more fun to me, I really liked having a backup healer at least one just incase for some reason one of us did die it wasn't an automatic wipe, where as the 5 man structure, you have 1 healer, if they die, well good luck boys.
    I agree I don't think heroics will be faceroll but I don't think they will be a much trouble. I think vast majority of players were just bad by today standard many were still mouse clickers even in wotlk. You see how fast raids were cleared in Classic. I think premade groups will clear all heroics rather easily with decent cc and marks.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wait:

“This boost will not be usable on Classic Era realms or on the new blood elf or draenei races; in addition, players will be limited to boosting only one character per World of Warcraft account. Further details, including details around pricing and availability, will be announced at a later date.”

It’s a “once in a lifetime and for one char only” boost? If yes, how did this thread reach 20+ pages?
    Because so many people are butthurt that another person can optionally choose to boost one character instead of wasting 200+ hours of leveling it "like it was meant to be".
    This is one of the biggest problems with the WoW community; everyone cares too much about everyone else, especially when it has absolutely nothing to do with them.
    This literally does not affect anyone except the person who chooses to purchase it, yet they will cry foul every chance they get because "they EARNED their level!", not realizing it's a goddamn video game and blizz can quite literally shut the servers off right now and delete all their toons and there would be absolutely nothing they could do about it.

In other words, it's a sad argument against quality of life because some people are so gung ho in ruining everything for everyone else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    What would be an advantage according to you? What objective is not a matter of time? Genuine question.
    Ad advantage to me, atleast in this scenario, would be if people then got boosted with maxed out professions and epic mount (or worst case scenario level 70 with flying/epicflying) a boost to 58 which only lets you skip the out of date content (You cant use it on Draenei and Bloodelf afterall) really isnt an advantage in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn View Post
    This is vitally necessary for preserving the Classic servers AND Burning Crusade servers. Without the boost, returning for TBC and not classic would be getting burnt out chewing on all of the Classic content you still need to overcome in order to reach TBC late game content.
    Exactly. Classic TBC is the point now. Classic WoW as we know it today will be over and no longer relevant unless you choose to play as a Blood Elf or Draenei.

Even so, there will be plenty of players going through the full 1 - 70 experience as you only have one boost, and we all know that people that play Classic like to play alts (for a plethora of reasons).

At this point why they dont just relase BC servers were everyone starts at 58?

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    At this point why they dont just relase BC servers were everyone starts at 58?
    Cause then you will have the classic purists outroar cuz they will refuse to start fresh when they spent so much time gearing their character in classic for tbc, despite classic being piss easy, its still time and effort you would be denying by doing a clean tbc wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Cause then you will have the classic purists outroar cuz they will refuse to start fresh when they spent so much time gearing their character in classic for tbc, despite classic being piss easy, its still time and effort you would be denying by doing a clean tbc wipe.
    TBH I perfectly understand why such a one time boost is there for BC. When classic launched, it was about the classic content. When BC launches, its about BC content. The classic world is useless and dead in that part of wow. If people want to experience that, theres classic servers for that.

People wont log into BC thinking "oh wow cant wait to play classic leveling", they are there for BC.

Why people farm classic over and over at this point, I dont understand. Theres really no need in order to stay competetive in BC. Besides, thats a player choice to keep farming in classic just for some kind of advantage in BC.

For most people this wont mean jack shit. If anything, those who boosts miss out on alot of cool zones in classic world