Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    TBH I perfectly understand why such a one time boost is there for BC. When classic launched, it was about the classic content. When BC launches, its about BC content. The classic world is useless and dead in that part of wow. If people want to experience that, theres classic servers for that.

People wont log into BC thinking "oh wow cant wait to play classic leveling", they are there for BC.

Why people farm classic over and over at this point, I dont understand. Theres really no need in order to stay competetive in BC. Besides, thats a player choice to keep farming in classic just for some kind of advantage in BC.

For most people this wont mean jack shit. If anything, those who boosts miss out on alot of cool zones in classic world
    Its what i dont understand, some people are pissed cause the boost costs cash, and i can understand that point, but a lot of them are pissed cause they allow a skip (?) like what, they actually think leveling from 1-58 in classic should be required to get into tbc in 2021 xd oudated af minds, maybe they are that bad that they need the leveling advantage to actually achieve something in tbc before actual good players or idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Its what i dont understand, some people are pissed cause the boost costs cash, and i can understand that point, but a lot of them are pissed cause they allow a skip (?) like what, they actually think leveling from 1-58 in classic should be required to get into tbc in 2021 xd oudated af minds, maybe they are that bad that they need the leveling advantage to actually achieve something in tbc before actual good players or idk.
    back in the old days of vanilla and BC, leveling was just a part of the game. It was a pain in the ass back then too, but it was more accepted. Time goes, and gamers change. So should Blizzard. When they finally releases BC again, people should be able to experience the BC content. A person that has a boosted 58 wont suck ass at level 70 unless he/she wants to.

We wont ever see the acceptence of leveling again, especially like with classic. Just look at the landmass classic has compared to every other xpac since then. All those zones, all those quests, all those cool storylines hidden around out there in the world for us to explore. Big stories, small ones. Fates of many NPCs are told through the quests.

Back when classic launched, this was a core part of playing a MMORPG. Involve yourself in the world, experience it, see the stuff happening everywhere.

In 2021 its "KEK fuck quests LUL max level now". So Blizzard try to put in cool quests and stories, but making sure it goes by quickly.

Blizzard recognices that questing and leveling is something the modern playerbase dont want. It was clearly shown when classic launched that most people didnt give a F about the WORLD of azeroth, but instead ran dungeons over and over cause that was most effective. We will for sure see the same thing in BC.

So I dont know what the haters of this boost think. Should everyone experience the immersive fun spamming dungeons over and over until your brain bleeds? is that it? Cause thats what many classic players do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It’s a “once in a lifetime and for one char only” boost? If yes, how did this thread reach 20+ pages?
    Gotta complain about something. We can't just enjoy the game, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Back when classic launched, this was a core part of playing a MMORPG. Involve yourself in the world, experience it, see the stuff happening everywhere.

In 2021 its "KEK fuck quests LUL max level now". So Blizzard try to put in cool quests and stories, but making sure it goes by quickly.
    And this is fine tbh, classic suffers from the "been there done that", at least i (and im sure many others) dont rush through the content of any rpg, you enjoy the journey and the stories told in every sidequest, cause its actually new for you, but its not the case with classic anymore, and going to tbc makes classic even more outdated so the "been there done that" has even more weight and makes people consider leveling a chore, hence why the boost was considered by blizz and its already accepted by many.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's really not... They still have to level through all the TBC content like everyone else, they'd have no raid gear, they'd have barely acceptable gear to start in TBC, they're going to have an extremely low amount of gold compared to the folks with thousands upon thousands of gold, and they're going to get the basic level 40 mount.

What "massive" advantage, does this get them in TBC? They're paying to get to the starting line for TBC.

seems 58 boost is a disadvantage by current viewpoint
    what if Blizzard in its infinite wisdom pamper the "poor lame 58" a bit with nice gear and provide enough gold to pay professions and most of the sum for epic mount later ?
    the boosted chars should be able to hold a candle to everybody else who missed vanilla raids, but is otherwise able to enter HFP IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    And this is fine tbh, classic suffers from the "been there done that", at least i (and im sure many others) dont rush through the content of any rpg, you enjoy the journey and the stories told in every sidequest, cause its actually new for you, but its not the case with classic anymore, and going to tbc makes classic even more outdated so the "been there done that" has even more weight and makes people consider leveling a chore, hence why the boost was considered by blizz and its already accepted by many.
    I agree, but we see the same mentality in retail whenever a new xpac comes out. People want the leveling out of the way and nobody ever really talks about all the quests or sidestory in the zones. Its about reaching max level. Its an common sentiment that leveling is something that just "gotta be done" so you can actually play the game.

It really doesnt matter all that much if content is new or old, its supposed to be plowed through. Thats why we see boosts are in the game and the leveling in retail is quickly done.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    seems 58 boost is a disadvantage by current viewpoint
    what if Blizzard in its infinite wisdom pamper the "poor lame 58" a bit with nice gear and provide enough gold to pay professions and most of the sum for epic mount later ?
    the boosted chars should be able to hold a candle to everybody else who missed vanilla raids, but is otherwise able to enter HFP IMHO
    Point being it's not a massive advantage, though. Even if it puts them on somewhat even footing as someone who's been playing and hits 58 at the same time the boosts go live, the boosted characters aren't in a better place than someone who's been playing.

I can understand people being touchy about being able to skip the leveling process, as some think it's some kind of right of passage or whatever, but paying for the boost doesn't give them an advantage over someone who didn't. Level 58 still means they have to level all the way to 70 in TBC content, just like everyone else.

The main thing for me is the gold. Anyone playing now will have a HUGE advantage over someone who starts in TBC and just boosts because the eceonomy going into the new TBC servers is going to be so fucked up due to the massive bank accounts some people have. A boost isn't going to have that...unless that person is already there and boosts a secondary character, but again that doesn't give them an advantage they didn't already have.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    As I said in the other thread, it’s the usual “I worked for it ages ago, you have too even today” mentality. The boost does not clearly provide ANY advantage in TBC content (that is ALL that matters), they are just mad because someone can skip the leveling tedium they had to bear, even if is ONE time only for account and for only ONE char. I can partially understand it, but at least let’s try to be honest.
    But doesn't that devalue the whole concept of leveling? Feels like that's sort of the point of why people dislike boosts in retail. When you look at someones character and they're of X level you should be able to expect they have some sort of expertise with the game. This is especially important in a game that revolves around grouping with other players.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    But doesn't that devalue the whole concept of leveling? Feels like that's sort of the point of why people dislike boosts in retail. When you look at someones character and they're of X level you should be able to expect they have some sort of expertise with the game. This is especially important in a game that revolves around grouping with other players.
    If it boosted to 70, I'd heartily agree with you. This however highlights the consistent elephant in the room in every expansion when alts and new players are forced to level through outdated content. It progressively got worse until they introduced the scaling of level zones.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I could kinda agree... if the boost was “insta-70” and if we were not talking about a 15 years old game. 80% ppl been there done that, 19,9% ppl play or played the actual game anyways and/or tried Classic, the chances that the road man who doesn’t know what WoW is interested in TBC and decide to give a try will use the paid boost are near to non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    This also gives Classic players an opportunity to leave their Classic characters on the Vanilla servers and bring these boosted characters over to TBC.
    ^This. Also, I don't know if there are any restrictions besides the limit of 1 per account, but they could make it so that only people who have already leveled a char to 60 on Classic could use the boost. Even if they don't, it's real no biggie, OP is on a tantrum apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    I srsly cant understand how can ppl twist everything to the point to tell "its so ppl give them more money". Sure, i know that Blizzard/activision wants money and wants to implement things sometimes to get money but when ppl start to think everythings about money thats just said. Ive seen a lot of ppl asking it here and this was their reasoning why they dont make fresh servers: People want to continue and progress their characters and they don't want to make ppl feel like their old character is "wasted time" when they play in tbc. Totally reasonable for me.
    And in the exact same way people want a fresh realm. To have a new start for a good game. Totally reasonable as well. And it's the choice with less money to Blizzard. Totally logical to go against it.
    At least we get fresh realms for Classic? "WoW Classic Era realms start at Level 1". Or maybe it includes the current 60s already and there's no point to them either.

Good times with private servers who actually did what people want. Fresh realms every few years. No one wants to join a realm with already established communities and finished content.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    And in the exact same way people want a fresh realm. To have a new start for a good game. Totally reasonable as well. And it's the choice with less money to Blizzard. Totally logical to go against it.
    At least we get fresh realms for Classic? "WoW Classic Era realms start at Level 1". Or maybe it includes the current 60s already and there's no point to them either.

Good times with private servers who actually did what people want. Fresh realms every few years. No one wants to join a realm with already established communities and finished content.
    This is totally a minority POV who liked private servers just because they were free, unknown and had the tought "it wont last much so i enjoy it while it does". I'm sorry that you don't get what you rly want but in the same time you could be happy for those who are really enjoying that Blizzard finally listens to them.

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    This is totally a minority POV who liked private servers just because they were free, unknown and had the tought "it wont last much so i enjoy it while it does". I'm sorry that you don't get what you rly want but in the same time you could be happy for those who are really enjoying that Blizzard finally listens to them.
    Looks to me like private servers died after official ones. So did people like it because they were free? Or why did private servers die? Since official ones do cost money.
    How do you know it's a minority who would like fresh realms? There's so many games with seasons and fresh realms are like seasons. Rip Classic Era realms too...

Why do you think both isn't an answer? You could be happy for others too. You won't lose anything with fresh realms but still don't want others to be happy?
    We'd have fresh realms and old realms. Why is it Blizzard finally listening if their answer isn't even that good?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah bro you got me. WoW leveling is the pinnacle of gaming for me. I get such a rush when my character lights up.

Have you heard of muscle memory? While you are wanding down those boars you are learning where your spells are, increasing reaction times and familiarity with your spells. Its not my main point I agree a bad player is most likely gonna be a bad player regardless of leveling. But you look at current retail WoW where if you wanna pug heroic CN your choice is either buying a boost, or stopping that search and joining a guild otherwise good luck son you aint killing Sire with the current crop of WoW players. 90% of them are literal dog shit who dont even have all their spells on their bars. TBC actually requires co-ordination on pulls using CC etc. I'd like people to practise that before stepping into the dungeons. Thats the way the game was DESIGNED. You dont step into wailing caverns at level 1 do you.
    lmao increase reaction time during leveling? Maybe if you have grand pa levels of reflexes, otherwise this is pure BS sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use it on TBC SERVER only and only for one character per account. Also cant use it on new races. This is just catch up mechanic nothin else. Sounds good to me :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    One per acc. What do you care? I literally skipped classic just because leveling experience is very bad for me. It's oriented to new players anyway.
    New or for those who prefer TBC instead vanilla.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    Because if you had to level from 1 you would go through the works of questing or dungeoning collecting mats and items that would go into the economy that in vanilla are in fact used in TBC too such as enchanting. Right now there's an influx of levelers due to the TBC announcement and it makes the world feel more alive. But it doesn't matter, take your level 58 boost and quit within and month and go back to retail and go ask for more mounts to buy in the shop you snowflake.

- - - Updated - - -

Because its not like retail. Vanilla still plays a significant part in TBC.
    again, how does someone boosting to level 58 hurt YOU?

If anyone is a snowflake here, its you bud. Crying because someone can boost to level 58 in BC ONCE per account.

I dont need shop mounts. Ill be leagues ahead of you at the end of BC arena season 1 with my 310 swift nether drake that I got fooo freeee.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    again, how does someone boosting to level 58 hurt YOU?
    Because if you had to level from 1 you would go through the works of questing or dungeoning collecting mats and items that would go into the economy that in vanilla are in fact used in TBC too such as enchanting. Right now there's an influx of levelers due to the TBC announcement and it makes the world feel more alive.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    ^This. Also, I don't know if there are any restrictions besides the limit of 1 per account, but they could make it so that only people who have already leveled a char to 60 on Classic could use the boost. Even if they don't, it's real no biggie, OP is on a tantrum apparently.
    The entire point of the boost is so that people who did NOT want to play classic, but DO want to play bc can still play and not be weeks behind their friends.

I am the perfect example of this. I played vanilla. The entirety of it. When it was released. I had no nostalgia for it. It wasnt that great then and its not now either.
    However, i do have ALOT of nostalgia for BC. I certainly DO want to play it. However, i dont want to play classic to play BC.

This is actually a good thing. People who otherwise would not have played because they dont want to grind 1-60 will now play BC which will mean higher population. Hopefully it will offset the amount of people who dont want to play BC and wish to remain on classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Because if you had to level from 1 you would go through the works of questing or dungeoning collecting mats and items that would go into the economy that in vanilla are in fact used in TBC too such as enchanting. Right now there's an influx of levelers due to the TBC announcement and it makes the world feel more alive.
    There are plenty of bots putting all of those mats and items into the economy for you. You dont need to leech off of players to get those. lol
    Last edited by Recovery; 2021-02-26 at 03:20 PM.

People do realize the level cap in BC is 70, right?

58 is not 68.