Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    That's just you trying to rationalize liking p2w. The same thing can be said with all mobile games or world of tanks too. If you start 5 years later than others and put in 1000 euros to catch up then it's not pay to win anymore?
    Does that affect other vanilla patches? Since After Naxxramas came out MC and AQ are old content.

We even have Belfs and Draenei that especially don't get the p2w boost. They even limited it at only 1. It's very clear it's a pay money to gain power feature that they limited.
    You clearly are completely oblivious to what pay to win actually is, your opinion couldn't possibly be more irrelevant if you tried..
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    You clearly are completely oblivious to what pay to win actually is, your opinion couldn't possibly be more irrelevant if you tried..
    Do you have any real explanations other than ad hominems? Since you answered none of my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    it kills the old world
    The old world dies the second a new expansions come out. It was even worse back in the day when noone wanted to go back and touch vanilla stuff until they were waiting for Wrath in prepatch.

People want to play BC, not Vanilla. The leveling system is antiqued and needed an overhaul, and Blizzard made one that scores them $ everytime you want to play the game you paid for.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyranade View Post
    That’s how the original game was. You levelled from scratch. That’s the point of Classic, to reenact the game as it once was. Nobody could get a level 58 from start in TBC. It hasn’t got anything to do with “stopping people playing from 58’’ but to stop the game from being something else than it once was.
    Well you got what you wanted and people that want the Classic experience, like myself, may not play. I’m not reviewing my subscription.
    I see your point, but there's a difference from Classic and "starting fresh" at for Burning Crusade, some people don't want to level through classic to play BC. I don't see the problem against it. You can't boost Draenei or Belfs and you're getting a 58 and not a 60. Gate keeping is not a good look anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    So, like everything else in life and completely in line with both their retail product and the industry norm?
    In other words, for the sake of consistency TBC and Retail should be the same?
    Sure, let's also add the WoW Token, LFD, LFR, remove attunements and add catchup mechanics with every single patch so you can skip right past the previous tier - they are also in Retail and have become the norm for a lot of MMO's!

Trying to argue that TBC should be consistent with a product, whose evolution is pretty much the Raison d'être to those Classic / TBC servers is utterly nonsensical.
    Perhaps you’ve had to repeat yourself because you’ve failed to convincingly explain why your opinion is accurate and theirs is not.
    You mean the opinion of those people that essentially is "i don't want to level through Classic?"

If you're going to say i'm not explaining my opinion properly, maybe you should come with a better reason by on your own.

I explained my reason multiple times by now, simply because i'm not going further and come with new reasons, doesn't mean i've failed to "convincingly explain", that's just you saying "no, it doesn't count!", which is not an appropriate response.
    58 isn’t the finish line and this is a choice that nobody is required to take or negatively impacted by those who do.
    So going by your earlier comment that Classic leveling is dead, it's going to impact those that want to level without paying for the boost, as they will lack other players around them to complete certain quests or consistently run dungeons.

It's pretty difficult to shit on classic leveling, something that is designed around having lots of people engaging in it, then saying the ability to skip past it will negatively impact nobody, it's obviously going to have a negative impact on those that aren't willing to pay for the boost.

By that way, have you come up with a good solution for the whole botters / profession alt abuse?
    Considering you brought it up, i guess you have a good solution for this issue.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-03 at 08:04 AM.

That's just you trying to rationalize liking p2w. The same thing can be said with all mobile games or world of tanks too. If you start 5 years later than others and put in 1000 euros to catch up then it's not pay to win anymore?
    Does that affect other vanilla patches? Since After Naxxramas came out MC and AQ are old content.

We even have Belfs and Draenei that especially don't get the p2w boost. They even limited it at only 1. It's very clear it's a pay money to gain power feature that they limited.
    Simple question for you: What are they winning? What does this boost win for whoever uses it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Simple question for you: What are they winning? What does this boost win for whoever uses it?
    They win not having to play 1-58.
    There's even a guy who posted just a while ago that he wouldn't even play TBC without it. It's pretty obvious 1-58 is a big deal.

There's even a guy who posted just a while ago that he wouldn't even play TBC without it. It's pretty obvious 1-58 is a big deal.
    I'd love to play some TBC with my irl friends but there is no way in hell any of us would commit to lvling 1-70 at x1 speed. Boost is freaking awesome. I don't get why ppl get so triggered about someone skipping boring chore that is lvling, especially on content that is more than a decade old and most of us did this gazillion times.

And what happens at level 58? Do I get to go one shot Ragnaros? Or get really good armor that'll carry me to level 70 and is good until Karazhan?
    Still really unsure what I win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickl View Post
    I'd love to play some TBC with my irl friends but there is no way in hell any of us would commit to lvling 1-70 at x1 speed. Boost is freaking awesome. I don't get why ppl get so triggered about someone skipping boring chore that is lvling, especially on content that is more than a decade old and most of us did this gazillion times.
    Of course it's good for those who want it. They can be free to enjoy it. Wish there were fresh realms without p2w and existing groups and realms for the existing groups and boosts. A bit like how Light's Hope did it, the ones with existing guilds continued raiding and new people went to fresh realm to build new guilds and communities.
    There's strange people here who think the boost isn't p2w..
    And what happens at level 58? Do I get to go one shot Ragnaros? Or get really good armor that'll carry me to level 70 and is good until Karazhan?
    Still really unsure what I win.
    It doesn't need to complete the whole game to be p2w. Other games that even you would call p2w give even smaller rewards than this. You can build one more village. Can shoot a few more better shells with your tank. Get a bit xp and materials in Runescape3. Can quick fix your ships so you get back to combat faster instead of waiting 10 hours.

Of course it's good for those who want it. They can be free to enjoy it. Wish there were fresh realms without p2w and existing groups and realms for the existing groups and boosts. A bit like how Light's Hope did it, the ones with existing guilds continued raiding and new people went to fresh realm to build new guilds and communities.
    There's strange people here who think the boost isn't p2w..

It doesn't need to complete the whole game to be p2w. Other games that even you would call p2w give even smaller rewards than this. You can build one more village. Can shoot a few more better shells with your tank. Get a bit xp and materials in Runescape3. Can quick fix your ships so you get back to combat faster instead of waiting 10 hours.
    So I win by getting to skip to level 58? That's it? Man that leveling experience must be crap if that's a win.

3+ Year Old Account
    This boost will be probably expensive (at least 40eur imo). Who will win?

Streamers(mostly pvp streamers), who cant afford the time after 8 hours of streaming wow to level and they can't level on stream because their viewers aren't enjoying watching levelling, nor those them. For them this is a huge win, most likely this is nearly the only thing that make some of them possible to play tbc.

Those ppl who loved the game when they were 15, but now that they are 30ish, working and/or having a family. They can't manage the time to level a character because they maybe will be able to play for a couple hours for a couple weeks and then they have to switch back to their normal life.

You can say that you just have to level 2hours every day for until tbc comes out and you have a level 60 character but thats such a commitment already that kills the entire feeling for some ppl before it even comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever. Classic wasnt same as vanilla was. TBC is not gonna be the same. Booster minmaxing knowlege experience. PPL will buy boosts from blizz or players for gold. Less gold boosters = less bots = less gold ingame = better economy.

So I win by getting to skip to level 58? That's it? Man that leveling experience must be crap if that's a win.
    It is one of the wins and goals in the game ye. Just like completing dailies, dungeons, raids, loot. You can win a part without winning the whole game. Just like I said in the part you replied to as well but didn't read.

if leveling 1-58 is so great then skiping it is not wining but missing out right?
    so what are you saying, leveling 1-58 is shitty but you want others to endure it even if they dont want to?

- - - Updated - - -

It is one of the wins and goals in the game ye.
    reaching the level cap, maybe, if you stretch it enough... but how is reaching 3/4 of cap a "win"...
    its literaly "pay to be BEHIND people who played classic and will copy their chars"
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-03-03 at 08:46 AM.

It is one of the wins and goals in the game ye. Just like completing dailies, dungeons, raids, loot. You can win a part without winning the whole game. Just like I said in the part you replied to as well but didn't read.
    No I read it. And still don't understand what actually is won by the boost. It must be something major to get several people to throw a shitfit over it. But not even enough levels to do any raiding with. Nor any gear that won't get replaced immediately entering Hellfire. So I'll ask again, how does this boost make me win?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    if leveling 1-58 is so great then skiping it is not wining but missing out right?
    so what are you saying, leveling 1-58 is shitty but you want others to endure it even if they dont want to?
    They can do it if they want to. It's still p2w. That's why there should be fresh realms without boosts, and the ones who don't mind can play on existing realms. I never said they should endure it. They can be on their p2w realms all they want.

- - - Updated - - -

No I read it. And still don't understand what actually is won by the boost. It must be something major to get several people to throw a shitfit over it. But not even enough levels to do any raiding with. Nor any gear that won't get replaced immediately entering Hellfire. So I'll ask again, how does this boost make me win?
    Have you heard of a saying win a battle but lose a war? It's used with narrow minded commanders. There's many parts to the game.
    Personally I don't enjoy raiding at all and it's really boring. I don't call it winning. To me dailies, gold and 70lvls are winning. So I should be able to buy Sunwell gear for money and it's not p2w?

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    PPL will buy boosts from blizz or players for gold. Less gold boosters = less bots = less gold ingame = better economy.
    Bots sure as shit love a shortcut to 58, no need to waste time boosting another character, just buy the boost and get him farming ASAP, the money spent on the boost will be made in days.
    The one per account limit is absolutely no limit here, because those botters will simply create new ones after the previous ones get banned.

I've already mentioned this as a glaring issue of the boost, the economy arguement is really not in favour of the boost, especially because profession alts are also a thing.
    Boosting actually gets nerfed quite heavily in TBC, so there's that.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-03 at 08:57 AM.

Players wanted WoW Classic to play it as they played Vanilla.
    Blizzard made WoW Classic as Vanilla, players played it like it was Retail.

This is the playerbase fault, tbh the only problem i see is the potential bot problem.

It's irrelevant you like it or not, Blizzard is going to do it, more pople will play the game with the boost than people that will not play the game because of the boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Bots sure as shit love a shortcut to 58, no need to waste time boosting another character, just buy the boost and get him farming ASAP, the money spent on the boost will be made in days.
    The one per account limit is absolutely no limit here, because those botters will simply create new ones after the previous ones get banned.

I've already mentioned this as a glaring issue of the boost, the economy arguement is really not in favour of the boost, especially because profession alts are also a thing.
    Boosting actually gets nerfed quite heavily in TBC, so there's that.
    Bots are on since 2004. There is no chance to cut them out permanently. Shop boost will take some gold from the game and take cash from bots that i real thing.