Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    As i remember keep gold in ur pocket was way easyer in TBC than vanilla. Yes i believe in supply and demand sale market rules.
    It's difficult to keep gold that you don't have, disregarding that i'm saying the demand for gold will increase in TBC, due massive gap between regular flying and Epic flying (60% vs. 280%) and powerful craftable items.
    Consumables won't be cheap either, less extreme than in Classic, but they will still be there, especially because Phase one won't offer an easy access to flasks, thus people will still need Black Lotus for Tanks, Healer and Caster Dps Flask.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-04 at 08:35 AM.

I don't think you need to flask phase 1 (t4), the entry requirements are as lax as they were for molten core, getting some of the drops from heroic is going to help if you don't have t3. I haven't looked at the loot from heroics for a long time or the badge vendor items, I feel like I remember each instance in heroic had a possible epic item at the end and some of these were decent. I don't think karazhan or grull were hard enough that you needed to flask. entry tier content on par with molten core, did you need to flask for MC? nope? then you don't need flasks to actually kill stuff in karazhan either. you could spend most of phase 1 saving materials for p2 and tier t5 where the actual decent crafting recipes start to drop. so you have months most likely, to farm gear. all of the gear from dungeons and raids costs nothing. zero gold.

you don't even need crafted gear, at least I think I only got one piece of crafted gear made for my priest, the belt of the long road, everything else I got as drops.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-03-04 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I don't think you need to flask phase 1 (t4), the entry requirements are as lax as they were for molten core
    We get pre nerf bosses, Gruul & Magtheridon are more in line with Naxx bosses than Molten core.

And "need" is a relative term in that aspect, didn't need world buffs either, still were a huge deal from phase one and onwards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's difficult to keep gold that you don't have, disregarding that i'm saying the demand for gold will increase in TBC, due massive gap between regular flying and Epic flying (60% vs. 280%) and powerful craftable items.
    Consumables won't be either, less extreme than in Classic, but they will still be there, especially because Phase one won't offer an easy access to flasks, thus people will still need Black Lotus for Tanks, Healer and Caster Dps Flask.
    There is rain of gold throu lvling 60-70. Gap will be filled. Remember that a lot of will push their mains to TBC with huge amount of gold and reagants. TBC would not be fresh world full of just boosted toons. Think about it. Not every one will buy boost dude xd Boost is goin to be a MINOR. My guildes have already 5-10k g per account for example.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    I don't think it completes the whole game for you either but gets you a lot closer than without. I would still call it p2w and want a fresh realm without it. I don't like things in games where real world money gets you an advantage in game.
    I see your point but every advantage has to be “measured” within its game context.

I mean, it’s not something like Clash Royale’s chests where you could literally ramp up your ladder position miles away from others buying them endlessly.

We get pre nerf bosses, Gruul & Magtheridon are more in line with Naxx bosses than Molten core.

And "need" is a relative term in that aspect, didn't need world buffs either, still were a huge deal from phase one and onwards.
    I think magtheridon was quite tough, but grulls lair wasn't hard, mulgore simply requires a mage that can spell steal, and grull himself, shatter wasn't difficult to avoid the room is massive so its not like you can't spread out.

I remember these fights and karazhan being easy, the heroics were harder than t4. since you only have 1 healer vs 2 or 3 or 5+. the damage in heroics is comparable to the damage in karazhan. the trash in karazhan isn't really any harder than the trash in heroics.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-03-04 at 08:51 AM.

There is rain of gold throu lvling 60-70. Gap will be filled.
    Good thing there is a flight trainer ready to relief you of all that gold once you hit maxlevel.
    And the first ~600g will go down the drain for epic riding, so that's even less gold they're left with.
    TBC would not be fresh world full of just boosted toons. Think about it. Not every one will buy boost dude xd Boost is goin to be a MINOR.
    I didn't make any claims about the number of people that will be using the boost, i made the claim that a lot of those will be compelled to engage in RMT.
    My guildes have already 5-10k g per account for example.
    Doesn't this further proof that people which enter TBC with virtually nothing feel compelled to engage in RMT in order to...catch up?
    I think magtheridon was quite tough, but grulls lair wasn't hard, mulgore simply requires a mage that can spell steal, and grull himself, shatter wasn't difficult to avoid the room is massive so its not like you can't spread out.
    Gruul received at least two nerfs throughout TBC and requires a modicum of personal responsibility to deal with mechanics and if Naxx has been any indication how the average person deals with such things, it's going to be a pain for a lot more guilds.
    Especially then with world buffs being absent and thus no longer allowing you to just brute force a boss.

Then skipping out on consumables as well will make things worse.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-04 at 08:58 AM.

TBC will loose some many players already, and it didn't even started yet. I love TBC, my Friends love TBC...but there is noway i play TBC classic without FRESH servers, zo i dont have to play with gold farming GDKP playing classic people decked in T3 oneshotting everything untill Illidan..not even a boost can help that. Soo FRESH servers, or they miss out hunderds of thousends of people.

we'll just have to see how it goes, I see grulls lair and mags falling over before karazhan, probably be easier to get 25 ppl to level 70 and clear those instances, before you have 10 ppl attuned to karazhan. at least 10 ppl that can make a viable raid.

you won't need to flask karazhan and grull and mags will be dead in less than 1hr.

the moment a guild has 25 ppl at level 70, grulls lair is cleared and magtheridon. that day. there won't be some massive road block or bottleneck. it'll simply be a matter of just having 25 level 70s. the ones who manage this in week 1 will most likely have the t3 to make it easy. or at least make it require less overall grinding of heroics. compared to 25 ppl who are going to have to grind heroics for gear.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-03-04 at 09:05 AM.

You're still at it... "wow"... Boosts exist, deal with it or play on an illegal PS

the moment a guild has 25 ppl at level 70, grulls lair is cleared and magtheridon. that day.
    The most hardcore guilds also clear Naxx under an hour, yet that's not exactly the standard Naxx clear.

I didn't say it's impossible, i said that your MC comparison is wrong and that there will be more people struggling on Gruul / Magtheridon, Flasks help out tremendously on those fights.
    Disregarding that those people that will clear Gruul & Mag very early will be using Flask.
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    You're still at it... "wow"... Boosts exist, deal with it or play on an illegal PS
    You know, it always takes more than one person to argue, it's just that every two pages, a new person comes in and takes over, but nice baton run you've been pulling off.

Want this discussion to end?
    Stop replying, pretty simple.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-04 at 09:10 AM.

we'll just have to see how it goes, I see grulls lair and mags falling over before karazhan, probably be easier to get 25 ppl to level 70 and clear those instances, before you have 10 ppl attuned to karazhan. at least 10 ppl that can make a viable raid.

you won't need to flask karazhan and grull and mags will be dead in less than 1hr.

the moment a guild has 25 ppl at level 70, grulls lair is cleared and magtheridon. that day. there won't be some massive road block or bottleneck. it'll simply be a matter of just having 25 level 70s. the ones who manage this in week 1 will most likely have the t3 to make it easy. or at least make it require less overall grinding of heroics. compared to 25 ppl who are going to have to grind heroics for gear.
    Yeah we were just out of vanilla with crappy stuff and people still mouse clicking, and these raids were easy even in 2007 lol
    Heroic dungeons were harder

But I wasnt using FLASKS but elixirs, which were better if I remember correctly
    Last edited by vashe9; 2021-03-04 at 09:09 AM.

and there will be those who do it without and don't struggle at all. don't see why its only going to be one way.

t4 was real easy and very puggable, t5 maybe not so much.

I don't think you can pug naxx for example, I think you can maybe do a few bosses in there with a random group, but you're going to hit real gear checks. while there isn't much gear check in t4, classic has already showed me how good healers are today, compared to how they were. with the increased tool kits, its only going to be easier.

t5 is closer to naxx i think because it actually has gear check or soft enrage mechanics where if things take too long you just die to attrition, this doesn't happen in t4.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-03-04 at 09:14 AM.

but you're going to hit real gear checks. while there isn't much gear check in t4
    Gruul is a gearcheck, the entire fight is built around a soft enrage that makes every mechanic more deadly.

its a tank and spank fight though, you have two mechanics, rock fall and shatter. he has less mechanics than onyxia. if you can kill onyxia you can probably kill grull. I would even say mulgore is harder simply because more things are happening, I feel like I remember mages getting spell resists on spell steal and dying.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-03-04 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedny22 View Post
    TBC will loose some many players already, and it didn't even started yet. I love TBC, my Friends love TBC...but there is noway i play TBC classic without FRESH servers, zo i dont have to play with gold farming GDKP playing classic people decked in T3 oneshotting everything untill Illidan..not even a boost can help that. Soo FRESH servers, or they miss out hunderds of thousends of people.
    It doesnt matter. You are only delaying the inevitable. Its going to happen sooner rather than later on a fresh server to. Even fresh servers will be filled with bots, boosters, GDKP and whatnot.

If you and your friends are very quick at leveling+doing everything raid related when reaching lvl 70, you might experience a "normal" server. But that relys on you being quick and rush it.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    Of course no one is thinking that. It's so obvious 58lvl is more powerful than 1lvl. It should also be obvious that gaining the 57lvls for paying money is a power increase. Power pretty much equals time until raids. Saving the around 100 hours of levelling means you are more powerful than one who didn't get the boost for that 100h + the time it takes from 58 to full dungeon gear. Then weekly time gates kick in and the no boost can catch up.

So it's around a 150 or 200 hours of power increase compared to no boost?
    No?

Lvl 1-60 in prepatch and TBC is SUPER fast compared to now. We are talking 2 days played for lvl 60. While questing solo. Getting Stockades->SFK->SM boosts Will Bring that down even more.

Its nothing at all but a simple time save for those who just want to jump straight into TBC. At a Hard disadvantage as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good thing there is a flight trainer ready to relief you of all that gold once you hit maxlevel.
    And the first ~600g will go down the drain for epic riding, so that's even less gold they're left with.

I didn't make any claims about the number of people that will be using the boost, i made the claim that a lot of those will be compelled to engage in RMT.

Doesn't this further proof that people which enter TBC with virtually nothing feel compelled to engage in RMT in order to...catch up?
    So you still believe that shop boost is still a problem for anyone that leveling from the bottom? Its still flyin sink trainer nothin has been changed. Ull sink this gold anyways u got boost or not. Ok assume there is no payboost. You lvlup normal way from the bottom lvl1 to 70lvl. U drop gold into sink. You lvl up after boost 58-70 you still drop gold in sink. There are two ways. You lvl up 1-70. You dinged 70 and the major players base is full raid epic geared you are pretty alone in here or you buy boost 58 and run with them throu content. Thats how classic worked. Its a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Just funny that so many will buy the boost only to then realize that TBC isn’t some savings grace and quit like classic. It’s just free money for blizzard lol. Rather smart
    It's definitely better than classic, all specs are viable (we expect people to find build on the internet) and the leveling from 58-70 is A LOT faster than vanilla 1-60, and there are a lot of dungeons to level up

So you still believe that shop boost is still a problem for anyone that leveling from the bottom?
    You really now want to shift back to this?
    Maybe for the sake of the discussion deal with one topic at a time?
    Its still flyin sink trainer nothin has been changed. Ull sink this gold anyways u got boost or not.
    Somebody that has levelled the regular way has however more gold and possibly also leveled professions to some degree, they're not in the same situation as the people that that will be using a boost.
    Thats how classic worked. Its a race.
    You are aware what sort of admission you are making when you say it's a race and fully support a service that allows people to skip something?
    You know what a "skip" means in the context of a "race"?