Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

Somebody that has levelled the regular way has however more gold and possibly also leveled professions to some degree, they're not in the same situation as the people that that will be using a boost.
    If you level a character and you buying the lvl 40riding+mount and train every spell you have close to 0 gold at lvl58. Also you meet close to noone at levvling at this point in the game. I just tried it on one of the most populated EU realms, and most ppl are just getting boosted by mages, ive met a handful of ppl while levelling to 21 and they were hardly the same level, we coulsnt even have do anything together.

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    If you level a character and you buying the lvl 40riding+mount and train every spell you have close to 0 gold at lvl58.
    You already make a substantial amount of gold by just learning two gathering professions and selling the early game mats.
    Copper right now sells for 20s/ore on my server (a price that might fluctuate with the launch of TBC), riding in TBC costs 35g, so you get a substantial amount of gold for the 30 mount (it got reduced to 30 in mid TBC) by just learning mining, questing and farming copper in your starting zone.

Now learn skinning as well and you can make even more money while also leveling, if you also manage to get those (close) to 300 before you hit 58, you can even start farming while questing in Outland, which will be certainly quite a blessing for any person that doesn't have thousands of gold, because any TBC material will be in high demand.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-04 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    The point is NOT the engage 1-58, since it doesn't matter at all. (that's an upside, not a downside)
    As for those other 2... what??
    It’s a single boost per account. Every other character is going to be making the 1-58 journey.

Fewer 1-58 mats means it’ll be more costly (time/gold) to switch professions.

Profession CDs are huge in TBC. Alt accounts with a paid 58 boost to create two new daily profession CDs (eg Primal Mooncloth) is going to be abused.

10+ Year Old Account

You are aware what sort of admission you are making when you say it's a race and fully support a service that allows people to skip something?
    You know what a "skip" means in the context of a "race"?
    Race for TBC starts in hellfire penisula not in durotar lol. That is not a really skip its more or less take a position in right place or go slack behind us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    No?

Lvl 1-60 in prepatch and TBC is SUPER fast compared to now. We are talking 2 days played for lvl 60. While questing solo. Getting Stockades->SFK->SM boosts Will Bring that down even more.

Its nothing at all but a simple time save for those who just want to jump straight into TBC. At a Hard disadvantage as well.
    "Super fast"

The 2.3 levelling nerf was only like 18% or so. Post 2.3 levelling in Azeroth was still shit, just not quite as shit as pre 2.3 levelling. The main change to the levelling process in 2.3 was the reduction of elites and slightly reduced emphasis on grouping and having to run around like a fucking idiot between zones to complete a single questline because you could actually stay a little longer and get some dings going.

Regardless on how I dislike some of the quests in general, for 1-70:

Cataclysm Rehash Levelling (1-60) > TBC Levelling (58-70) >>> Post Nerf Azeroth (1-60) >>>> Pre Nerf Azeroth (1-60)

TBC Levelling shat on Vanilla and while I don't particularly like many of the questlines for Cataclysm, the process is a marked improvement especially on Vanilla Azeroth.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2021-03-04 at 11:35 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

How much RMT will Blizz make off mounts and boosts?

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    --SNIP--
    TBC Levelling shat on Vanilla and while I don't particularly like many of the questlines for Cataclysm, the process is a marked improvement especially on Vanilla Azeroth.
    My super unpopular opinion here, but my ideal version of wow is cataclysm zones/quests/class balance but vanilla (aka pre-squish talent points) talent trees and a level 60 cap. (So obviously no Hyjal, Twilight Highlands or Uldum)

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    That is not a really skip its more or less take a position in right place or go slack behind us.
    ???
    "It's not a skip, but those people that aren't partaking in it will be behind", the logical consequence of not using a skip is being behind.

Seriously, do you even process your own arguements or you just write them out with every logical contradiction included and that obvious?

10+ Year Old Account
    ???
    "It's not a skip, but those people that aren't partaking in it will be behind", the logical consequence of not using a skip is being behind.

Seriously, do you even process your own arguements or you just write them out with every logical contradiction included and that obvious?
    No im facerolling random words.

No im facerolling random words.
    Well, at least you're aware of this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least you're aware of this issue.
    I know you will arguing anything i would to explain. There is no reason to continue this clueless discuss.

I know you will arguing anything i would to explain. There is no reason to continue this clueless discuss.
    When people defeat their own arguements, then i can't think of a better name for it than "clueless discuss".

10+ Year Old Account
    When people defeat their own arguements, then i can't think of a better name for it than "clueless discuss".
    Oh thats what im takin about xD LOL. Sometimes is better to pass it over than go deep in trash talk. I saw ur other posts in other threads ur that one person that always got right and know better. Cheers have a good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    Is time not power? To me time is the biggest power out there. Being 70lvl and geared 130-150 hours before others is very significant to me. By the time non-boosted get there the boosted are finished with the game.

- - - Updated - - -

What is your definition of p2w? Because obviously it's not the common one

- - - Updated - - -

You get to 70 and gear 130 hours faster than those who didn't pay. So do you have an advantage? Imagine if every week you would get a new more powerful item. The ones who didn't boost could never play pvp with ones that did. Luckily there are time gates and limits, so they can catch up after few weeks.
    But by that logic, you also mean its unfair that people are lvl 60 with full naxx gear, cuz they will clear stuff faster than a fresh dinged lvl 60 with greens, they will get to 70 faster and get gear faster... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    "Super fast"

The 2.3 levelling nerf was only like 18% or so. Post 2.3 levelling in Azeroth was still shit, just not quite as shit as pre 2.3 levelling. The main change to the levelling process in 2.3 was the reduction of elites and slightly reduced emphasis on grouping and having to run around like a fucking idiot between zones to complete a single questline because you could actually stay a little longer and get some dings going.

Regardless on how I dislike some of the quests in general, for 1-70:

Cataclysm Rehash Levelling (1-60) > TBC Levelling (58-70) >>> Post Nerf Azeroth (1-60) >>>> Pre Nerf Azeroth (1-60)

So you dont know what you are talking about.

It was a 15% XP reduction from 20-60
    Quests also gave more XP.
    And as you Said a lot of elite/group quests were nerfed.
    Dungeons in vanilla was nerfed and dropped better loot.

If you cant see how much of an impact this does.......

I lvled most of my characters in TBC after the XP patch and it was like flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    But by that logic, you also mean its unfair that people are lvl 60 with full naxx gear, cuz they will clear stuff faster than a fresh dinged lvl 60 with greens, they will get to 70 faster and get gear faster... right?
    They put hours of gametime into it instead of real money. Not sure if it's unfair with that. It's still stupid for new players of course with pretty ruined economy. Personally I won't play until there's fresh realms without boost. Pretty sure they'll make fresh realms at least to manage pop, just gotta hope some are no boost allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    This is just shameful. They are exploiting children who just wants to pay2win.

Wow is truly gone.
    Lol you think there are children playing this game? The only people playing this old ass game are old ass men.

5+ Year Old Account
    Love the fact that the OP says it's BLIZZARD... yet you do realize that they are owned by Activision. If activision wants a boost for something, well you damn well know they are gonna get it. So don't ask blizzard if they have no shame. Cause they are just doing what Activision tells them to do.

Now I will say this. I can see why people are so upset about boosts for classic. but then again, I don't think it's anything to cry about. It's 1 per account. You can't use it on Draenei or Blood elves, You are only getting your 40 mount, and you get blues. That's about it. And tbh. I can't blame people for wanting to get to 58 and get ready for Outland. Considering no one on my server does low dungeons anymore and only want boosts (And this is apparently happening on other servers as well.) it makes things worse.

On the plus side though. it's not like it's gonna be hard to get to 60 when the prepatch drops. If what I am hearing is correct, when tbc prepatch happened before, Blizz shortened the xp you needed. so it's a bit faster. That and classes are much stronger. Sooo It's obviously and completely optional. We also don't know how much the boost is gonna be as of yet. If it's anything over 40$, it's probably not even worth it.

My 2 cents on it. Also feel like OP is trying to bait a little. but that's just me.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Totally anti-classic ethos.
    Dude, it is 2021, people has got al life. Besides, they are doing it at the "end of classic". I don´t see how it affect nearly anyone at all. If something, you should be happy as this will bring on more players, specially those who simply can not afford to spend hours leveling, as amazing as it was in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Dude, it is 2021, people has got al life. Besides, they are doing it at the "end of classic". I don´t see how it affect nearly anyone at all. If something, you should be happy as this will bring on more players, specially those who simply can not afford to spend hours leveling, as amazing as it was in classic.
    It being {CURRENT YEAR} is irrelevant. People had lives back then as well. I played with plenty of people in TBC, who managed to level to 70 and play the game without a boost, that were married/had children/had jobs/whatever argument you can think of.