Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
  1. #221
    Legendary! Saninicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iron city of Dis
    Posts
    6,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    I agree that this is what it seems like they are doing.

    But honestly it's kind of of a disservice to the players on retail. I have no interest in classic nor spend any time in it. I do think COVID affected the whole production pipeline and honestly I wouldn't mind that they come upfront and say that this affected everything even the new patches.

    I think 9.0.5 is a really good support patch but only having 9.1 in July/August is a bit worrying especially since this expac as a whole we didn't see any new class or race at all
    While I don't doubt TBC will have much more staying power than classic. It still will bottom out. Retail however still has a slew of problems from faction imbalance to completely fan fiction writing.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    While I don't doubt TBC will have much more staying power than classic. It still will bottom out. Retail however still has a slew of problems from faction imbalance to completely fan fiction writing.
    Yeah I agree with your points the faction imbalance is a big issue for us and the reason we ain't chasing Mythic Raiding and instead focus on M+. The storyline... well don't let me get started on that
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

    At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If they are delayed they need to just get up and say it.

    Not to bring up the competition, but multiple times now the FF14 devs have come out and said "look there's a pandemic, we're trying to work from home, but production is slow because X, Y, and Z so we're going to have delays." Hell they just delayed essentially an entire "raid" by what's likely going to be a year because they can't have it done in time for their next patch and they aren't going to drop it alongside an expansion launch. And you know what? Players are understanding for the most part.

    Meanwhile WoW just shoves stuff out the door like "nothing to see here we are not impacted."
    Or maybe they give their playerbase too much credit in making the assumption that said playerbase knows things are messed up because of the pandemic and don't believe they need to remind them and hold their hands for the 50th time like the FF14 ones do. Reminds me of a time this psycho accosted a guy in the restaraunt I was eating at, accusing him of being a Nazi because he didn't explicitly say he wasn't.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  4. #224
    They showcased us whats in store for the next patch. Nothing about how the whole of SL will shape out regards on patches etc. They didnt even give us a date. If they were confident last weekend on a date, they would have given it. Since we got no date, we should expect a date announement sometime late March or at latest during April.

    We got very little, wich came as an surprise cause 9.1 shouldnt really be that far off. I seriously thought 9.1 would be on PTR shortly after BLizzconline.

    Personally I have unsubbed(or letting my sub run out, ends in 6 days), and seems like I did a smart choice. Theres nothing new coming in a while for wow, and from my experience is better to take a long break from the game than just keep playing. The end result is just a pure hatred for the game lol

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Sorry, you can look up the dates and patch notes, .1 patches have been within the first 3-4 months with raids.
    x.1 patches throughout history:

    BC - over 4 months
    WOTLK - over 5 months
    cata - over 4 months but NO RAID, raid 6 months after release
    panda - 2 months but NO RAID, raid 6 months after release
    wod - 3 months but NO RAID, raid 7 months after release
    legion - 2 months but NO RAID, raid 7 months after release
    bfa - 7 months after release

    so NO EXPANSION EVER had x.1 patch in 3-4 months (TBC was close) with raid...
    seems like its not HIM who should look up dates before spewing bullshit...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Classic showed them how massive the surge of old and returing players was, neither 8.2 nor 8.3 stood a chance against that.
    classic also shown them massive outflow that anything couldnt compare to, MAYBE wod, maybe
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-02-25 at 12:31 PM.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    No addressing of the anima issue, no word on sanctum building stuff. Worrying.
    I didn't realize there was an anima issue until I capped on souls last night and need like 7k anima for an upgrade.
    Hmm seems weird that now I literally can do nothing with souls (until I get the 7k anima) and they are a major weekly renown quest tied to soul acquisition since day 1 of SL.

    I can't really come up with a reason why souls are capped. We can only get 5,10,15, or 20 a week anyhow. What big brain over at Blizz thought this made any sense what-so-ever?
    Last edited by slime; 2021-02-25 at 01:05 PM.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I didn't realize there was an anima issue until I capped on souls last night and need like 7k anima for an upgrade.
    Hmm seems weird that now I literally can do nothing with souls (until I get the 7k anima) and they are a major weekly renown quest tied to soul acquisition since day 1 of SL.

    I can't really come up with a reason why souls are capped. We can only get 5,10,15, or 20 a week anyhow. What big brain over at Blizz thought this made any sense what-so-ever?
    I believe the answer is to keep players subscribed to play
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

    At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

  8. #228
    Legendary! Saninicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iron city of Dis
    Posts
    6,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    I believe the answer is to keep players subscribed to play
    Valor if done correctly (with my current confidence in blizzard I highly doubt them actually do it right) would be a better choice to keep people playing. The current design showed flaws in BFA. Them using more borrowed power sites they didn't learn.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    x.1 patches throughout history:

    BC - over 4 months
    WOTLK - over 5 months
    cata - over 4 months but NO RAID, raid 6 months after release
    panda - 2 months but NO RAID, raid 6 months after release
    wod - 3 months but NO RAID, raid 7 months after release
    legion - 2 months but NO RAID, raid 7 months after release
    bfa - 7 months after release

    so NO EXPANSION EVER had x.1 patch in 3-4 months (TBC was close) with raid...
    seems like its not HIM who should look up dates before spewing bullshit...
    Back in Cataclysm, MoP and even WoD those dumb .x.5 patches didn't exist and raid releases always corresponded with .x patch releases, so your argument is pretty weak. Legion started this nonsense with the small in between patches.

    And we don't even know when the raid in 9.1 will open - it could be the same as with 7.3 where Antorus was unlocked three months after the patch release (no, not in 7.3.5). Who really expects Sanctum of Domination to open the same day as the patch goes live?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    classic also shown them massive outflow that anything couldnt compare to, MAYBE wod, maybe
    You mean like as it's been happening in BfA and is already happening in Shadowlands?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Back in Cataclysm, MoP and even WoD those dumb .x.5 patches didn't exist and raid releases always corresponded with .x patch releases, so your argument is pretty weak.
    i suggest you check what i responded to, bcs you obviously have no clue, as what you pointed out shows raids open even LATER, not 3-4 months after expansion as the guy i responded to claimed... so you strenghtened my point...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-02-26 at 12:13 PM.

  11. #231
    I wonder if the pandemic messed things up by opening up their employees to being swiped more easily. I mean, if you're working remotely, it doesn't really matter where the employer is, so now Blizzard has to worry not just about game companies in S. California, but anywhere.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    WoW is like 99% bear ass collection simulator -- D-Rock

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You mean like as it's been happening in BfA and is already happening in Shadowlands?
    and you base this on your ass? or do you have ANYTHING that would at least suggest massive outflow of people from retail?
    bcs on classic we can see it on realms, there was dozens of full and high servers, now there are 2-3 high and rest is medium (at least in europe) or even low, some realms are ghost towns... unless you are biased as hell you can literaly SEE how the number of players fell...

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    or do you have ANYTHING that would at least suggest massive outflow of people from retail?
    I massively flowed out of retail. Darned quarantine weight gain. But hey, at least my BMI is just high enough now to qualify for a vaccine!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    WoW is like 99% bear ass collection simulator -- D-Rock

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •