Thread: "Pay to win"

Page 1 of 51
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    "Pay to win"

    Getting a single character to level 58 is not "winning" WoW.

    That is all.

  2. #2
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    35,337
    "But it's ruining my ability to win by selling boosts!" <.s>
    WoW has Cancer. First you cut out the cancer (abusive devs), then you assign an aggressive treatment plan (major design rework) to save it.

    Or you just let it die because that's too expensive.

    FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  3. #3
    It's a p2w feature that anyone who wants to be competitive on alliance shaman or horde paladin will have to use, for sure.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

  4. #4
    They specifically said that they wouldn't have that option available for for shaman or paladin for either faction :S

    Horde will have to level paladin the old fashioned way while alliance will have to level a shaman in the same way too.

  5. #5
    Banned Ladey Gags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    teh haus of gags
    Posts
    549
    Who the fuck cares if it falls under your semantic definition of pay to win? It’s the fucking principle. Why the FUCK are you defending ANY amount of microtransaction practices? PLEASE tell me WHY you defend capitalist GREED? Do you not want video games to be what they used to be? Do you WANT to be fucked in the ass by greedy Bobby koticks? What the fuck?

    It’s like I’ve woken up in a fucking alternate reality where people are actually defending microtransactions. What the hell happened to you people?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It's a p2w feature that anyone who wants to be competitive on alliance shaman or horde paladin will have to use, for sure.
    Doesnt work on blood elf/dranaei

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It's a p2w feature that anyone who wants to be competitive on alliance shaman or horde paladin will have to use, for sure.
    Literally cannot use it on draenei or belf.

    Why is it that everyone whining about this literally hasn't even read how it works?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It's a p2w feature that anyone who wants to be competitive on alliance shaman or horde paladin will have to use, for sure.
    Cannot purchase boost for Draenei or Blood Elves.

    Read the FAQ - > https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/wowclassic

  9. #9
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It's a p2w feature that anyone who wants to be competitive on alliance shaman or horde paladin will have to use, for sure.
    Reading sure is hard.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    REEEE REEE ANY MICROTRANSACTIONS ARE BAD REEEE
    Calm your tits.

    The point I'm making is that everyone is crying about a single one-time character boost being "PAY TO WIN REEEEE".....leveling to 58 is not "winning" WoW. It literally just lets you skip ~2 weeks of leveling for ONE character. And people are acting like it's the end of the world (of warcraft) and TBC is ruined because of it.

    You're not gaining any special advantage over other players. You're just paying to skip half the leveling process for one(1) character. This is not "winning". This is not "pay2win".

    Even if Blizzard didn't offer this, people would still be boosting characters, just by paying for dungeon boosts instead of paying Blizzard, so nothing really changed.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2021-02-20 at 03:18 AM.

  11. #11
    Banned Ladey Gags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    teh haus of gags
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Calm your tits.

    The point I'm making is that everyone is crying about a single one-time character boost being "PAY TO WIN REEEEE".....leveling to 58 is not "winning" WoW. It literally just lets you skip ~2 weeks of leveling for ONE character. And people are acting like it's the end of the world (of warcraft) and TBC is ruined because of it.

    You're not gaining any special advantage over other players. You're just paying to skip half the leveling process for one(1) character. This is not "winning". This is not "pay2win".

    Even if Blizzard didn't offer this, people would still be boosting characters, just by paying for dungeon boosts instead of paying Blizzard, so nothing really changed.
    You’re absolutely clueless. YES dude ANY micro transactions are bad. How far you have fallen to defend this shit. ITS BLATANT CAPITALIST GREED JESUS CHRIST WHY DO U DEFEND THE NORMALIZATION OF THIS SHIT?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Who the fuck cares if it falls under your semantic definition of pay to win? It’s the fucking principle. Why the FUCK are you defending ANY amount of microtransaction practices? PLEASE tell me WHY you defend capitalist GREED? Do you not want video games to be what they used to be? Do you WANT to be fucked in the ass by greedy Bobby koticks? What the fuck?

    It’s like I’ve woken up in a fucking alternate reality where people are actually defending microtransactions. What the hell happened to you people?
    Ah yes a one time level 58 paid boost going into an expansion has got to be the worst kind of capitalist greed I've ever seen. Lmao go outside take in some fresh air, please. There are greedy toxic microtransaction and then there is this, it's not even in the same ball park.

    P.S.
    Please save me the reply on your principle stand on microtransaction/capitalism and how allowing even something small snowballs blah blah blah.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It's a p2w feature that anyone who wants to be competitive on alliance shaman or horde paladin will have to use, for sure.
    Good fucking God

    Anyway, nothing about WoW has ever been pay to win. But that won’t stop someone from screaming about it every time they sell a new mount. Or offer a benign transfer service.

  14. #14
    Banned Ladey Gags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    teh haus of gags
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaLimaCharlie View Post
    Ah yes a one time level 58 paid boost going into an expansion has got to be the worst kind of capitalist greed I've ever seen. Lmao go outside take in some fresh air, please. There are greedy toxic microtransaction and then there is this, it's not even in the same ball park.

    P.S.
    Please save me the reply on your principle stand on microtransaction/capitalism and how allowing even something small snowballs blah blah blah.
    Blah blah blah yes because it’s TRUE. And you KNOW it. But you’re so despicably attached to this VIDEO GAME that you can’t bear the cognitive dissonance so you’ve begun to side with the enemy. Fucking nauseating

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Blah blah blah yes because it’s TRUE. And you KNOW it. But you’re so despicably attached to this VIDEO GAME that you can’t bear the cognitive dissonance so you’ve begun to side with the enemy. Fucking nauseating
    While I understand you're point of view... you're getting quite worked up over it.

    It's a one-time purchase for one character, in a limited scope, related solely to removing a time-barrier for one game.

    Do you not purchase expansions?

    They are a one-time purchase for one game license that provide a limited amount of content solely related to one game.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Blah blah blah yes because it’s TRUE. And you KNOW it. But you’re so despicably attached to this VIDEO GAME that you can’t bear the cognitive dissonance so you’ve begun to side with the enemy. Fucking nauseating
    Lmao I can't tell if this is a troll or you're serious, I find it funny either way, actually it might be funnier not knowing. I'm glad you decided to reply.

  17. #17
    You people used this argument with retail and look what happened. Any change that allows a player to gain an in-game advantage through money is unacceptable. Doesn't matter how much you move the goalposts.

  18. #18
    It's certainly going to fuck up the economy in a lot of big ways.

    One per account? As if people only have 1 account these days, and it's only incentive for them to have more.

    Ahh who am I kidding, as if the economy could get any more fucked than it already is lmao

  19. #19
    Banned Ladey Gags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    teh haus of gags
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by A Blue Smurf View Post
    While I understand you're point of view... you're getting quite worked up over it.

    It's a one-time purchase for one character, in a limited scope, related solely to removing a time-barrier for one game.

    Do you not purchase expansions?

    They are a one-time purchase for one game license that provide a limited amount of content solely related to one game.
    Of course I’m getting fuckingworked up over it. I have a fucking right to express my anger that every aspect of our lives are becoming hyper-minmaxed for profit with predatory microtransaction practices and bullshit. My question is why the FUCK aren’t more people this angry? Why the FUCK don’t people express their fucking anger anymore? It’s fucking baffling what the world is fuckijg turning to and people are taken aback when people SUDDENLY show a little bit of fucking human PASSION?

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    4,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It's a p2w feature that anyone who wants to be competitive on alliance shaman or horde paladin will have to use, for sure.
    No its not, shut up...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Anyway, nothing about WoW has ever been pay to win. But that won’t stop someone from screaming about it every time they sell a new mount. Or offer a benign transfer service.
    The guy your replying to is obviously wrong, but need I remind you of the last tier in BfA? How much real money was duped into tokens to get BoE for world first race? Theres a legitimate argument there.
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •