Thread: "Pay to win"

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
  1. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Why? You can just level in the prepatch lol.

    And youc ant even boosts spacegoats or belfs

    - - - Updated - - -



    Its a boost to level 50 afaik.
    It's a level 58 boost.

  2. #442
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Looks like we've got another person who never played TBC, completely ignorant to the fact that EXP requirements between level 10 and 60 are reduced by 30% in TBC, plus shitloads more quests added.

    If you take more than 2-3 weeks to get to 58, you're doing something wrong.
    A new player who is not new to Vanilla but who’s not speedrunning or following guides, in Classic will actually take at least 12 days of /played to get to 60 (way more imho but let’s assume this for the sake of calculation).

    So in TBC it would be (12*24)-30%=roughly 200 hours. Of course there are tons of other variables to consider, but let’s be super optimistic and say that 1-60 in TBC will take half of the time than in pure Classic, it would be anyways something like 140-150 hours minimum. Taking 3 weeks would mean play more or less 7-8 hours a day. Every day. For 3 weeks.

    Nothing impossible, but surely not a standard scenario, don’t you think?
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-02-26 at 04:30 PM.

  3. #443
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's a level 58 boost.
    Right you are!

  4. #444
    It's an extremely heavy pay to win feature.

    In WoW, Time is Money, and by paying to skip all the time investment normally required to get to level 58, you're effectively paying for more power than the non paying person would have.

    It's definitely pay to win.

  5. #445
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    5,286
    Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    It's an extremely heavy pay to win feature.

    In WoW, Time is Money, and by paying to skip all the time investment normally required to get to level 58, you're effectively paying for more power than the non paying person would have.

    It's definitely pay to win.
    what is this power you wrote about ?

  6. #446
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    It's an extremely heavy pay to win feature.

    In WoW, Time is Money, and by paying to skip all the time investment normally required to get to level 58, you're effectively paying for more power than the non paying person would have.

    It's definitely pay to win.
    It isn't pay to win. You don't understand what pay to win is.

    Pay to win is when you pay for something that gives you a substantial boost in the relevant content compared to everyone else who does not.
    TBC content is 58 to 70, no ifs, no buts.

    People who only want to play because of TBC do not have to go in old world content at all, nobody, NOBODY is at an advantage or disadvantage in TBC content because another person skipped 1-58.

    What about those of us who levelled multiple characters during actual vanilla?
    Can I transfer my multiple characters from retail and get them boosted downwards?
    Are we not allowed to come back for TBC until we go through that dogshit levelling process yet again?
    What do WE gain from redoing 1-58 when none of that content is of any interest to us?

    You are wrong. Plain and simple. A one time boost to be able to even START the content you care about is not pay to win, it's barely even pay to catch up because we'll effectively be spending the next 12 levels farming gold while moving at 160% to pay for an epic mount plus two ranks of flying.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2021-02-28 at 07:24 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  7. #447
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    It isn't pay to win. You don't understand what pay to win is.

    Pay to win is when you pay for something that gives you a substantial boost in the relevant content compared to everyone else who does not.
    Leveling is relevant content for these clowns.

  8. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Leveling is relevant content for these clowns.
    Some people are really weird and believe that spending time = hard

  9. #449
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    8,423
    Wow...

    I can't believe how worked up some people are getting over this non-issue, it's like some people just want something to rage at...

    No, giving players who liked TBC and would like to play it again the option to skip having to spend weeks grinding through obsolete content in order to play TBC is not P2W. Like seriously did you guys start TBC at L0 or at L60? Because I started at L60 and if TBC Classic only had the option of starting from L0 I wouldn't be buying it and you can bet there are thousands and thousands of potential TBC Classic customers who will tell you the same thing.

    I'm sure someone will yell that you had to play through Vanilla to play TBC and that is true, but this is supposed to be a recreation of the TBC experience, and the TBC experience did not involve levelling from L0.

  10. #450
    it didn't start at level 0 but it did start at level 1 if you rerolled or started fresh as a paladin on the horde or as a shaman on the alliance. which it will again. so this argument that 'we're here for BC' well you still had to level ya alts in BC.

    I don't understand the hyperbole of 'weeks of grinding through obsolete content' it took me 11 days to get to 60 as full prot, that was with doing mining and the axesmith quest chain and getting attuned to ony/MC. with the BC pre-patch the XP required to level will likely be lower, you still have that profession levelling, and i'm sure many ppl are pros at the game and don't need any levelling, but some ppl do, the experience, is a tutorial 1-60, and it exists, as it always has, for those who are indeed new to the game.

    there is just this problem with this wanting things now mentality that breaks the pacing of these sorts of games, I want it now, well why do we even have to level why not just have pre-made 70s. starts to break down a bit doesn't it? the whole concept of it being a game. its paced out so you feel some inherent value in the effort you've placed into the character. combined with the whole, it is a social tool, you make friends and find guilds by playing the game at all level ranges.

    the amount of effort ppl spend whining about pre-mades coulda levelled to 60 by now. bc probably won't be for several months so its not like there isn't ample time to get ready. now would probably be a good time to find a realm or even make a guild in preparation.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-28 at 11:13 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •