Thread: "Pay to win"

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ...
26
34
35
36
37
38
46
... LastLast
  1. #701
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Boosting created a huge mess a problems. Firstly it isn't fair to those who didn't pay for the boost. Secondly, even if Activision gave everyone free boosts then TBC wasn't designed to have players boosted to level 58, and there will be consequences. Leave the boosts to ShadowLands, not in TBC. You hate playing a game you love to play then I can't help you there except L2P. Play a mobile game, I hear you all have phones.
    You feeling personally injured by other people being level 58 through the boost is a YOU problem. It’s created exactly zero problems for the community. No apocalyptic botting sprees, or sudden saturation of profession CDs. Just a bunch of Warriors/Mages switching to Hunters/Warlocks.

    Expecting Activision to not do Activision things, pretending Classic was some return to Indie Blizzard, and trying to reshape the definition of p2w is also a YOU issue.

    It’s one thing to be like “I don’t like this”, but this whole “go back to retail/another game” while you refuse to just accept that, despite its faults, it’s an enjoyable game.

    You wanna complain? Fine.

    But to take ownership of a game based on what it was like FOURTEEN YEARS and literally hundreds of employees ago is a little too “get off my lawn” to take seriously.

  2. #702
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Boosting created a huge mess a problems. Firstly it isn't fair to those who didn't pay for the boost. Secondly, even if Activision gave everyone free boosts then TBC wasn't designed to have players boosted to level 58, and there will be consequences. Leave the boosts to ShadowLands, not in TBC. You hate playing a game you love to play then I can't help you there except L2P. Play a mobile game, I hear you all have phones.
    What mess? This is entirely on your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  3. #703
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You feeling personally injured by other people being level 58 through the boost is a YOU problem. It’s created exactly zero problems for the community. No apocalyptic botting sprees, or sudden saturation of profession CDs. Just a bunch of Warriors/Mages switching to Hunters/Warlocks.

    Expecting Activision to not do Activision things, pretending Classic was some return to Indie Blizzard, and trying to reshape the definition of p2w is also a YOU issue.

    It’s one thing to be like “I don’t like this”, but this whole “go back to retail/another game” while you refuse to just accept that, despite its faults, it’s an enjoyable game.

    You wanna complain? Fine.

    But to take ownership of a game based on what it was like FOURTEEN YEARS and literally hundreds of employees ago is a little too “get off my lawn” to take seriously.
    Personally I have no qualms with the one boost because it is akin to the deal we got since the WoD preorder. The pay to win element can’t be dismissed if blizzard does bring up the option to have multiple boosts per wow account. And yes I checked to see if the boost on a second wow account would “float/exist” for the entire blizz account like how boosts do for retail. Aka like for retail buy a boost for WoW2 it can be used on WoW1 through 8, however for tbcc that is not the case.

    And then as for the discussion on the other aspects of boosting. Yes there is an element of failure/lack of returns associated with getting boosts by paying other player with blizzard-blessed gold from WoWToken transactions. However with the predominance of the boosting communities seriously since gallywix’s formation and then demise (yes I know SLB and others were around before then), the degree of failure drops off pretty heavily since said boosting communities police themselves to weed out bad/poor boosters regularly even if they made the initial filter selection process. I have seen some of the dumbest stuff linked to me in discord from those channels and it astounds me how people act like that. Generally, most are being too cocky for their own good going headfirst into something they can’t handle and then ruining it for everyone.

    Biggest concern I have for boosting is how it diminishes completion points for the majority of the population. Like it would be very interesting to see how many people genuinely complete AotC, CE, duelist, elite, KSM (and with the upcoming 20s achievements) without a boost or handout from friends. Also as of now, there are 18412 characters last I checked having 2072+ io (lowest score possible for no time remaining for all 20s). When they put out that announcement there were 12119 characters having that score. So you can get the idea that we had 50% population growth.

  4. #704
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Paying money to not play a game they payed for. Sounds stupid when put into that context.
    But they want to play TBC not Classic. Hence the point of the skipping. So that point is irrelevant.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    What are you winning on other P2W type games?
    An advantage that cannot be obtained through in game means. Which levelling to 58 is not.

  5. #705
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    An advantage that cannot be obtained through in game means. Which levelling to 58 is not.
    So you would be fine with Blizzard selling Mythic and other end-game gear?

  6. #706
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    So you would be fine with Blizzard selling Mythic and other end-game gear?
    Why are you acting like being level 58 is end game content?

  7. #707
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Why are you acting like being level 58 is end game content?
    The post I quoted deliberately said that P2W is when you purchase something not achievable otherwise. Try to keep up, my good man.

  8. #708
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Getting a single character to level 58 is not "winning" WoW.

    That is all.

    The "win" part is perceptual.
    It just saves you time - but it also gets you a head start.
    Imagine a whole guild doing it - they'd get to farming everything that much sooner.

    yeah it's silly, and yea it's blizzard milking the game.
    It even takes away from the whole experience you should be enjoying in the game, you skip all the content that was there to enjoy and just go straight into the endgame farming boredom.
    people that use it will likely quit that much sooner - and lower the amount of resources the server uses. Its win win for blizzard.

  9. #709
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    But they want to play TBC not Classic. Hence the point of the skipping. So that point is irrelevant.

    - - - Updated - - -



    An advantage that cannot be obtained through in game means. Which levelling to 58 is not.
    Tell me one thing in game that lets you skip 58 levels of content without spending real money.

  10. #710
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    So you would be fine with Blizzard selling Mythic and other end-game gear?
    If people wanted to buy it? Sure. Doesn't affect my fun in game. And People can still achieve that stuff in game without paying. Next please.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Tell me one thing in game that lets you skip 58 levels of content without spending real money.
    Gold Boosts.

  11. #711
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    If people wanted to buy it? Sure. Doesn't affect my fun in game. And People can still achieve that stuff in game without paying.
    That's quite the opinion to have, while dismissing claims of P2W in games. Way to go, champ.

  12. #712
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The post I quoted deliberately said that P2W is when you purchase something not achievable otherwise. Try to keep up, my good man.
    And your example of something that can’t be achieved without RMT is raid/dungeon gear? Lol.

  13. #713
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The post I quoted deliberately said that P2W is when you purchase something not achievable otherwise. Try to keep up, my good man.
    We all know what you're trying to do, leaping all the way from being 58 means it's ok to buy full bis. I'm way ahead of you.

  14. #714
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The post I quoted deliberately said that P2W is when you purchase something not achievable otherwise. Try to keep up, my good man.
    You can achieve 58 though, you can't skip to 58 with any method I'm aware of but that's not what "not available" means lol. Not available would be I can pay to be 80 when non-paying players are stuck at 70.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  15. #715
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    That's quite the opinion to have, while dismissing claims of P2W in games. Way to go, champ.
    I didn't dismiss games can be P2W, I said WoW isn't. Nice reading, Kiddo.

  16. #716
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I didn't dismiss games can be P2W, I said WoW isn't. Nice reading, Kiddo.
    In games, WoW included. When was the last game where you were able to pay for unavailable power in a game? The industry already moved on from the early 00s.

    Nowadays is all about ridiculous grinds, a la Fifa Ultimate Team or any sort of gacha mobile game, where you either play for ridiculous countless hours or you buy your way through progression.

    Funnily enough, these mobile games were easily labeled as P2W.... but WoW can't. lol
    Get the credit card~

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    We all know what you're trying to do, leaping all the way from being 58 means it's ok to buy full bis. I'm way ahead of you.
    Both cases it's getting something already available in-game. Get your dishonest arse outta here if you change your definitions of P2W to suit your interests.

    Paying for power, whether it is paying free levels that would otherwise take weeks to get, or paying for a piece of gear, is exactly the same concept - Buying Power with Fucking Money. The amount of power is completely irrelevant when it comes to the concept - it's either P2W or it's not.

    Now, if you want to argue that WoW is actually quite tame and reasonable than, say, Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes, when it comes to P2W... then I agree with you there.

  17. #717
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    In games, WoW included. When was the last game where you were able to pay for unavailable power in a game? The industry already moved on from the early 00s.

    Nowadays is all about ridiculous grinds, a la Fifa Ultimate Team or any sort of gacha mobile game, where you either play for ridiculous countless hours or you buy your way through progression.

    Funnily enough, these mobile games were easily labeled as P2W.... but WoW can't. lol
    Get the credit card~

    - - - Updated - - -


    Both cases it's getting something already available in-game. Get your dishonest arse outta here if you change your definitions of P2W to suit your interests.

    Paying for power, whether it is paying free levels that would otherwise take weeks to get, or paying for a piece of gear, is exactly the same concept - Buying Power with Fucking Money. The amount of power is completely irrelevant when it comes to the concept - it's either P2W or it's not.

    Now, if you want to argue that WoW is actually quite tame and reasonable than, say, Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes, when it comes to P2W... then I agree with you there.
    “Oh, you were really excited to experience TBC again? Just re-invest another 80-90 hours /played and you can experience it all over again!” is a hard sell.

    Stop acting like it’s skipping current content. If people wanted the full experience through Vanilla and into TBC, they’d have done it. Some did their time and want to play TBC.

    We’re here to play TBC, and that’s what they’ve enabled people to do. Adding drama where none is needed to force people to subscribe for multiple months before they can even play TBC is just not the experience you want it to be.

  18. #718
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    “Oh, you were really excited to experience TBC again? Just re-invest another 80-90 hours /played and you can experience it all over again!” is a hard sell.

    Stop acting like it’s skipping current content. If people wanted the full experience through Vanilla and into TBC, they’d have done it. Some did their time and want to play TBC.

    We’re here to play TBC, and that’s what they’ve enabled people to do. Adding drama where none is needed to force people to subscribe for multiple months before they can even play TBC is just not the experience you want it to be.
    It's irrelevant whether it's skipping old content or new. Or whether it's boosts on Classic or Retail.

  19. #719
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Get your dishonest arse outta here if you change your definitions of P2W to suit your interests.
    The irony of the guy, who has been trying to change the definition to suit his interests, saying this to literally anyone. When in the same post he changes the definition to suit his.

    You're a joke. just accept the L.

  20. #720
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    The irony of the guy, who has been trying to change the definition to suit his interests, saying this to literally anyone. When in the same post he changes the definition to suit his.

    You're a joke. just accept the L.
    Buying any power for money is P2W. That has been my stance since always.

    Good try.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •