Thread: "Pay to win"

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ...
31
39
40
41
42
43
... LastLast
  1. #801
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    They’re selling raid gear now? Neat.
    If you read the post carefully, you will notice that I used a conditional tense, "wouldn't", thus implying that I'm talking about a something hypothetic, not about something that actually exists, in which case I'd be using present tense. Words have a meaning and a context, who would have thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    1-58 isn’t TBC content.
    Yes it is. BC isn't a standalone game, it's an expansion. Again, words have meanings.
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

  2. #802
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Ok, let’s join an AV or AB. I’ll use a mount. You walk. Winner gets to make up the next definition of pay-to-win.

    Or, let’s race to Exalted with Ogrila.

    Or, let’s try for a server first Karazhan. Let me know how that attunement goes.
    Oh boy more false equivalencies! That is the most asinine example because in those situations both people have a mount. You're trying to say I would need to not use my mount and handicap myself just to justify your utterly stupid standards for what is and isn't p2w. I really hope you didn't pull anything when doing all this reaching.

  3. #803
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    No my dude, that isn't how it works. Content is content, regardless of personal preferences.
    I disagree

    If someone doesn't want to do it, more power for them, but denying its existence is just absurd.
    It can exist but for them it's not content

    That's like saying that mythic raids aren't content just because I'm not interested in mythic raiding.
    For them it isn't
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  4. #804
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If you read the post carefully, you will notice that I used a conditional tense, "wouldn't", thus implying that I'm talking about a something hypothetic, not about something that actually exists, in which case I'd be using present tense. Words have a meaning and a context, who would have thought.



    Yes it is. BC isn't a standalone game, it's an expansion. Again, words have meanings.
    Yes, words have meanings, and hypothetical scenarios that have never existed in the game have no place as a grounds for comparison. That wasn’t a litmus test, it was you pulling a non-existent scenario out of thin air.

    And TBC doesn’t have to be a standalone game to differentiate content. What are you even saying?

  5. #805
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I disagree


    It can exist but for them it's not content



    For them it isn't
    Content is content, period, it doesn't depend on your personal tastes. But I will make sure to have this brilliant piece of wisdom at hand

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Ok, let’s join an AV or AB. I’ll use a mount. You walk. Winner gets to make up the next definition of pay-to-win.
    You mean hypothetical scenarios like these? Come, tell me moar
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

  6. #806
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Oh boy more false equivalencies! That is the most asinine example because in those situations both people have a mount. You're trying to say I would need to not use my mount and handicap myself just to justify your utterly stupid standards for what is and isn't p2w. I really hope you didn't pull anything when doing all this reaching.
    Just stop. I literally applied the same logic you did and you’ve got nothing to say other than some butchering of a buzzword.

  7. #807
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Content is content, period, it doesn't depend on your personal tastes. But I will make sure to have this brilliant piece of wisdom at hand
    And I shall make sure to remember your opinion as well <3
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  8. #808
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    You mean hypothetical scenarios like these? Come, tell me moar
    Yes, one does exist (not having a mount) and the other doesn’t (buying raid gear).

    You read the part where I said “scenarios that have never existed”, right? Because that was the important part.

    You’re welcome.
    Last edited by Prag; 2021-06-17 at 03:42 AM.

  9. #809
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Yes, one does exist (not having a mount) and the other doesn’t (buying raid gear).

    You read the part where I said “scenarios that have never existed”, right? Because that was the important part.

    You’re welcome.
    Do you really go into BGs without a mount if you can afford it? I'm really curious
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

  10. #810
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Just stop. I literally applied the same logic you did and you’ve got nothing to say other than some butchering of a buzzword.
    No you didn't. Mounts don't increase your stats and won't help you kill dungeon/raid bosses. Levels DO increase your stats and power and allow you to defeat strong dungeon/raid bosses. You didn't use logic. You used the definition of a false equivalency.

  11. #811
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Do you really go into BGs without a mount if you can afford it? I'm really curious
    Did you PvP before level 40? Or before you got epic in the 60 bracket?

    Or did you ever accidentally bank your mount while in a BG queue?

  12. #812
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Did you PvP before level 40? Or before you got epic in the 60 bracket?

    Or did you ever accidentally bank your mount while in a BG queue? ������
    Considering that sub 40 PvP doesn't allow mounts at all, your "hypothetic scenario" sounds even sillier, but what can I do /shrug
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

  13. #813
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No you didn't. Mounts don't increase your stats and won't help you kill dungeon/raid bosses. Levels DO increase your stats and power and allow you to defeat strong dungeon/raid bosses. You didn't use logic. You used the definition of a false equivalency.
    This list of parameters is getting really long.

    And mount speed is a stat… I think? Not on the paper doll but is in talents, trinkets and Spurs. Idk, we’re getting into some grey area here.
    Last edited by Prag; 2021-06-17 at 04:05 AM.

  14. #814
    I got a better question for you all, for the sake of argument let's say we all agree wow IS p2w 100% of us agree. What difference would it make? Are you going to quit? No? Then who cares if it is or isn't. Yes? Then why have the conversation if you think it is and would quit if it is? Do you need "us" to agree that it is before you quit?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  15. #815
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Considering that sub 40 PvP doesn't allow mounts at all, your "hypothetic scenario" sounds even sillier, but what can I do /shrug
    Did they give you a mount when you dinged 40? Do you suppose there are cases where people don’t have the gold but still went into BG’s? Do you think the 41 who bought all his skills and couldn’t afford a mount didn’t feel less powerful in a BG?

    I don’t know - use the creative juice you were sipping when you thought up the “buying raid gear” scenario.

  16. #816
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    This list of parameters is getting really long.

    And mount speed is a stat… I think? Not on the paper doll but is in talents, trinkets and Spurs. Idk, we’re getting into some grey area here.
    Mount speed isn't a stat. You are doing such hardcore reaching just to avoid saying WoW is p2w lmao. Once again, mounts don't increase character power. Levels do. As a result, paid character boosts are p2w.

  17. #817
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Mount speed isn't a stat. You are doing such hardcore reaching just to avoid saying WoW is p2w lmao. Once again, mounts don't increase character power. Levels do. As a result, paid character boosts are p2w.
    Not having a mount will prevent you from attuning and killing raid/dungeon bosses.

    A mount is easy to obtain. So is level 58.

    This is no more of a reach than “buying level 58 is winning” when put through any critical analysis, which I’ll remind you, is more than a single-parameter pass… because we’re not toddlers and we should be able to consider context and complexities.

  18. #818
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Not having a mount will prevent you from attuning and killing raid/dungeon bosses.

    A mount is easy to obtain. So is level 58.

    This is no more of a reach than “buying level 58 is winning” when put through any critical analysis, which I’ll remind you, is more than a single-parameter pass… because we’re not toddlers and we should be able to consider context and complexities.
    Pretty pointless to argue with him. He's made it pretty obvious he has no clue what he's actually discussing. Just sees spending money == omg p2w!!!!

    Generic wow hater/troll #82715.

  19. #819
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Pretty pointless to argue with him. He's made it pretty obvious he has no clue what he's actually discussing. Just sees spending money == omg p2w!!!!

    Generic wow hater/troll #82715.
    I could say the same in reverse quite easily, this thread will never reach a consensus. There wouldn’t be this many pages if there weren’t valid points on both sides depending on your views.

  20. #820
    I cant believe you guys are still whining about this its 3 weeks into tbc get the fuck over it already

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •