Thread: "Pay to win"

Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    They are not "my" definitions - you are welcome to google the term and educate yourself a little.
    Why do I need to google a definition you gave it to me lol. You said anything that provides an advantage. Well server xfers allow me to get more uncontested black lotus spawns along with other gathering items, and then xfering off to make massive profits. I mean that’s for sure an advantage over someone on a high pop realm who is fighting over spawns left and right.

People seem very focused on the word "win" when in reality, the term P2W relates to gaining an advantage over others.
    It should go without saying that the people who leveled to 60 naturally have the advantage over people buying a level 58 boost, going into TBC. They have more gold and access to raid gear. Also, they're level 60, not level 58. The level 58 players will have an inherent disadvantage due to the level difference, which will be compounded by the lower gear level.

So, on all levels, the idea that a level boost is P2W is wrong. You're literally paying money for a catch-up mechanism that doesn't even catch you up.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2021-02-23 at 07:35 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    It should go without saying that the people who leveled to 60 naturally have the advantage over people buying a level 58 boost, going into TBC. They have more gold and access to raid gear. Also, they're level 60, not level 58. The level 58 players will have an inherent disadvantage due to the level difference, which will be compounded by the lower gear level.

So, at all levels, the idea that a level boost is P2W is wrong.
    Woah easy with that logic over there man you’re gunna make his head explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    Some of us have family and kids and work, we longer are living in our mothers basement. So no it will take months to level through vanilla I wasn't gonna play TBCC until they I read they were offering boost.
    I have responsibilities too, but people that don't have a lot of time isn't the target audience for MMORPGs to begin with. These people are gonna quit by max level anyway when they realize how much time they need to spend to do anything valuable. Ironically, having less time means leveling and questing is probably the most efficient way of enjoying the game for them.
    Last edited by Ludvig; 2021-02-23 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post

So, on all levels, the idea that a level boost is P2W is wrong. You're literally paying money for a catch-up mechanism that doesn't even catch you up.
    What about 2 people who have lvl 60 characters, one pays for the boost for a second toon, the other is unwilling or unable to pay for the boost to level their new toon? Your scenario relies on one person being a long time classic player, and the other being a fresh, new player with no lvl 60s. If the boost was only available to people with no max level toon, you would be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    I have responsibilities too, but people that don't have a lot of time isn't the target audience for MMORPGs to begin with. These people are gonna quit by max level anyway when they realize how much time they need to spend to do anything valuable. Ironically, having less time means leveling and questing is probably the most these people can do.
    Did it cross your mind that some people actually have time also but they wanna spend that time playing actual TBC content? congrats you realized the reason of the boost, now drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Did it cross your mind that some people actually have time also but they wanna spend that time playing actual TBC content? congrats you realized the reason of the boost, now drop it.
    The reason of the boost is to make Blizzard money from bots by banning them and making them buy boosts. It's painfully obvious to anyone trying to read between the lines.

What about 2 people who have lvl 60 characters, one pays for the boost for a second toon, the other is unwilling or unable to pay for the boost to level their new toon? Your scenario relies on one person being a long time classic player, and the other being a fresh, new player with no lvl 60s. If the boost was only available to people with no max level toon, you would be correct.
    Well then the person who doesn't want to pay for the boost just gets another person to do it for them, obviously. That's how you fixed the dual boxing issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    The reason of the boost is to make Blizzard money from bots by banning them and making them buy boosts. It's painfully obvious to anyone trying to read between the lines.
    You want to read between the lines, ill get the boost cause i cba to play anything related to classic, and that includes the 1-60 leveling, its that simple xd after so many years of wow leveling is a chore, nothing more, it was content when vanilla launched, thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wibeg View Post
    You're acting like people are justifying someone killing a man. Who cares about one paid boost? Some people need to chill out, LOL. It's just a goddamn game
    Even worse, it's a 13 year old game.

Even if the game had zero endgame you still wouldn't "win" at lvl58, you would still have 12 levels to go.

Quote Originally Posted by GucciWarr View Post
    imagine being this much of a self centered douchebag. i bet you’re 70 pounds overweight with 10 years left, max. you can’t say shit about bc because it hasn’t happened also i can’t hear you with that massive cock in your mouth you gay faggot you. please find somewhere else to be a lonely loser thanks
    WRONG.

BC happened about 13 to 14 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You mean those paid realm transfers that were a thing in Vanilla in 2006?
    Didn't you read? He said "...token introduction to retail and paid realm transfers to both retail and classic." Not "...token introduction to retail or paid realm transfers to both retail and classic."

Stop misrepresenting people to fit your agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote for truth lmao, people in 2021 still thinking that lvling deserves to be considered content in an expansion, lvling is a chore and blizz is giving the option to skip classic shitfest to jump straight into TBC, its the right call.
    Your wrong there buddy. Leveling is content. The boost is to skip content and give you a power increase. That's pay to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I bet that if it was still possible, someone would even play it with a 2007 PC and a crappy internet line “because it was the real experience”.

The game literally STARTS at level 58, but purists are just being mad because with a boost you can avoid the previous (now) useless grind they did (and so you have to). So glad that these people are not playing retail anymore.
    The game starts at level 1. You don't create a character and they are lvl 58. It's not a DK pre SL. It is P2W. You get your advantage from skipping the leveling and getting a power increase with the set of blues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

You want to read between the lines, ill get the boost cause i cba to play anything related to classic, and that includes the 1-60 leveling, its that simple xd after so many years of wow leveling is a chore, nothing more, it was content when vanilla launched, thats about it.
    That's fine, you should do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Your wrong there buddy. Leveling is content. The boost is to skip content and give you a power increase. That's pay to win.
    Yes, leveling from 58-70 is TBC content, 1-60 is trash classic and not part of TBC content, therefore blizz is giving the option to skip that, as easy as that, ill actually try TBC only thanks to that option, didnt bother with classic cause of its leveling and the poor difficulty.

I'm lost, you'll need to clarify how waiting for the launch of TBC classic will allow you to skip 58 levels of content without paying a cent?
    You just play a different game first. Then, you need to wait for BC to launch and you can copy a character over from this different game. That way, you can have an advantage over other players that you didn't earn by playing BC.

Yes, leveling from 58-70 is TBC content, 1-60 is trash classic and not part of TBC content, therefore blizz is giving the option to skip that, as easy as that, ill actually try TBC only thanks to that option, didnt bother with classic cause of its leveling and the poor difficulty.
    Content you dont like is still content. I agree that many people will take advantage of this offer for the reasons you put forward though, agree 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    You just play a different game first. Then, you need to wait for BC to launch and you can copy a character over from this different game. That way, you can have an advantage over other players that you didn't earn by playing BC.
    Right........but how does that allow you to skip 58 levels of content? The only way your strange and extremely vague scenario exists is if the player has already leveled their toon up.....which means they are not skipping anything. Is that what you are trying to say? Or do you think everyone gets a free lvl 58 when classic tbc launches?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher557 View Post
    Why do I need to google a definition...
    Because you have no understanding of it - you think you do, but you dont.

Right........but how does that allow you to skip 58 levels of content? The only way your strange and extremely vague scenario exists is if the player has already leveled their toon up.....which means they are not skipping anything. Is that what you are trying to say? Or do you think everyone gets a free lvl 58 when classic tbc launches?
    If you didn't play the content in TBC, then you are skipping the TBC content. You did content from a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    If you didn't play the content in TBC, then you are skipping the TBC content. You did content from a different game.
    Yeah im just going to tap out of this nonsensical rambling discussion - you are making no sense at all.

Yeah im just going to tap out of this nonsensical rambling discussion - you are making no sense at all.
    Many arguments are difficult to defend when they are shown to be nonsensical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Who the fuck cares if it falls under your semantic definition of pay to win? It’s the fucking principle. Why the FUCK are you defending ANY amount of microtransaction practices? PLEASE tell me WHY you defend capitalist GREED? Do you not want video games to be what they used to be? Do you WANT to be fucked in the ass by greedy Bobby koticks? What the fuck?

It’s like I’ve woken up in a fucking alternate reality where people are actually defending microtransactions. What the hell happened to you people?
    You're blowing a gasket over something so minor...you need to calm down a little. Nothing wrong with microtransactions as long as they're optional. Do you think if they got rid of microtransactions that everything would be free? No...they just wouldn't exist at all. I'd rather have the option if I'm willing to pay for it than not have the option at all

And to this day Blizzard hasn't offered anything that isn't purely optional.