Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Enjoy the endless Baal runs.
    chaosbaal runs.

Chaos isn't bad anymore since they removed iron maiden.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

How much was Starcraft Remaster on release, ten bucks?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You are comparing apples and oranges.

Compare a game to another game on the market.
    I am, D2R >>>> new world.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Microsoft sells AOE definitive editions for $20 each (AOE2E is $10 right now on steam), which have all the original content remade + a bunch of new stuff.

So yeah, $40 is crazy for a 20 year old game.
    AOE2 was usurped by better games on the market. It wasn't being played anymore. If MS didn't price the game to move it would have seen less sales. AOE2 is still a great game, but better games have come out. D2 was never really usurped, while other ARPGs came out, they are fundamentally different. Only a few are similar in playstyle to D2 and really only TQ and GrimDawn are even note worthy (and are old themselves). People still actively played D2 and people have been clamouring for D2 remake or another game more like D2 since D3 came out. Even if we say the work that went into both the AOE2 remake and D2R is similar, D2 is a more popular franchise with far more gas left in the tank. That's why it's priced differently. People are going to buy D2R for $40, more would buy it for $20, but not twice as much.

Simply put, if you don't "get it" on why the game is popular and people want to play D2R, it was never for you in the first place. It's a niche product clearly made for a specific group of fans. If they priced it at $20 or $60, about the same amount of people would buy it. The small % of sales they'd get from someone "just giving it a try" at $20 is simply not worth it.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2021-08-14 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Oh wow, using Teleport with a controller is a real shit show. This is not my preference.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no way to measure this at all. I paid $60+ for some games I played less than the current beta of Diablo 2: Resurrected. It's only been like a day & a half.

Value is relative to the user.
    Yes and no, when you sell a game in US currency and you have to pay the exchange and taxes it is a lot more to the consumer relative to their local economy and cost of living. The proper thing to do would make seprate pricing fairly in the countries you sell your products like Blizzard used to do.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

Jesus, Diablo II: RE is freaking terrible.

I've been around in the days of Diablo I and Diablo II and loved and played the shit out of those games. But that was then.
    I'm older now and have no time for the following bullshit.

What do I loved about Diablo II RE:
    The barbarian looks like a homeless, haven't-bathed-in-years Bruce Willis! Actually looks and plays surprisingly well.

What I hated:
    - The core system is horribly outdated.
    - Very few skills. No skill duration to notify you on its expiration and you can only equip one skill (you have to switch skills for those 2-minute buffs, wtf)
    - Tiny inventory size and also there are some retarded charms you need to keep in inventory if you want their buffs.
    - Mana and stamina barely regenerating. You have to chug pots like crazy which takes space in a tiny inventory.
    - Janky animations while running/attacking/casting spells.
    - Unable to zoom in/out on my character.
    - Characters rarely change looks when you equip new gear.

How the fuck did that stamina system make it into the remastered version is beyond me. It's an ARPG, I want to run around, kill shit and loot stuff, not crawl around once my stamina runs out after 20 seconds.
    If you love Diablo II and still play it and want he same game with updated visuals, go for it. For the rest of us who have moved on, fuck that shit.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2021-08-14 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post

I've been around in the days of Diablo I and Diablo II and loved and played the shit out of those games. But that was then.
    I'm older now and have no time for the following bullshit.

What do I loved about Diablo II RE:
    The barbarian looks like a homeless, haven't-bathed-in-years Bruce Willis! Actually looks and plays surprisingly well.

What I hated:
    - The core system is horribly outdated.
    - Very few skills. No skill duration to notify you on its expiration and you can only equip one skill (you have to switch skills for those 2-minute buffs, wtf)
    - Tiny inventory size and also there are some retarded charms you need to keep in inventory if you want their buffs.
    - Mana and stamina barely regenerating. You have to chug pots like crazy which takes space in a tiny inventory.
    - Janky animations while running/attacking/casting spells.
    - Unable to zoom in/out on my character.
    - Characters rarely change looks when you equip new gear.

How the fuck did that stamina system make it into the remastered version is beyond me. It's an ARPG, I want to run around, kill shit and loot stuff, not crawl around once my stamina runs out after 20 seconds.
    If you love Diablo II and still play it and want he same game with updated visuals, go for it. For the rest of us who have moved on, fuck that shit.
    If you don't like the core D2 experience then why would you even play the beta for the 3D version.
    Let's spread optimism and defeat pessimism! (HumanProgress.org)

Beta still has some issues to iron out (like the performance drops in different lighting conditions and when shop/stash interface is open, Cain can't see that I have unid items in my cube, etc.), but overall I'm very pleased with what I see. I'm a lvl 31 sorc, so you could say I went hard.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'll try the Open Beta, but I'm kinda worried Project Diablo 2 ruined me because splash damage on melee weapons is so good :\
    I purposely avoided playing anything melee on PD2 just for this reason lol

It does. The standards have risen so much that a car built in 2000 wouldn't even pass the regulations for fuel economy and safety for a new car today.

I get it that you people like D2. That's fine. But the 40e price tag on it is absurd for what it is. For example, New World costs the same 40e.
    New world will die faster than D2, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    How much was Starcraft Remaster on release, ten bucks?
    15, and well worth it.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2021-08-14 at 10:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the extra 2 slots are just a PATHETICALLY low bonus, like legit, are you really mad over max 1.5% increased damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Microsoft sells AOE definitive editions for $20 each (AOE2E is $10 right now on steam), which have all the original content remade + a bunch of new stuff.
    That's a great price. But that doesn't mean everything else ought to sell for the same price. Even within the same category. Have you been to a grocery store?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Yes and no, when you sell a game in US currency and you have to pay the exchange and taxes it is a lot more to the consumer relative to their local economy and cost of living. The proper thing to do would make seprate pricing fairly in the countries you sell your products like Blizzard used to do.
    I agree. They didn't though. They don't have to make things fair either. That is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    This just sounds like you don't specifically enjoy the way D2 plays. There are indeed plenty of other ARPGs that do not play as D2 or D2r. This is a niche product for a niche crowd that specifically wants the way D2 plays.

For years fans of D2 specifically asked for little to nothing being touched in the game remaster. They just wanted to run it on modern systems/resolution scaling. They more or less got that and D2r is aimed at that specific audience; if it were otherwise they would have remasted D2 to be more mass market-friendly such as the FF7 remakes recently.

Faulting the game for what it positioned itself as seems odd.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

Well, i do agree the stamina system hasn't aged well. I'm not gonna advocate for its removal, but i wouldn't be mad if it was either.

Granted, I'm sure its inclusion was centered around you stopping and killing things instead of just running away from everything to encourage you to kill for drops/gold and the fact getting to 99 takes 1000 years. I never managed to get past 91 and i played 10 hours a day for a year and a half(at least)
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-08-14 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well, i do agree the stamina system hasn't aged well. I'm not gonna advocate for its removal, but i wouldn't be mad if it was either.

Granted, I'm sure its inclusion was centered around you stopping and killing things instead of just running away from everything to encourage you to kill for drops/gold and the fact getting to 99 takes 1000 years. I never managed to get past 91 and i played 10 hours a day for a year and a half(at least)
    It's pretty easy to get up to 93-95. After that, you'll need to put in titanic work and/or have a team that sets things up for you.

Periods For Levels In Baal Runs (If 1 baal run = 4 mins)
    89-90 = 40runs = 2hours 40mins
    90-91 = 60runs = 4hours
    91-92 = 80runs = 5hours 20mins
    92-93 = 120runs = 8hours
    93-94 = 180runs = 12hours
    94-95 = 330runs = 22hours
    95-96 = 550runs = 37hours
    96-97 = 1000runs = 67hours
    97-98 = 3000runs = 201hours
    98-99 = 9000runs = 603hours

Note: those numbers may be a bit outdated, you can get to 99 in like a month now on ladder (with a dedicated team, ofc) since the runs can be faster and more optimized with Nihlathak+Diablo etc.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2021-08-14 at 11:42 PM.
    the extra 2 slots are just a PATHETICALLY low bonus, like legit, are you really mad over max 1.5% increased damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    It's pretty easy to get up to 93-95. After that, you'll need to put in titanic work and/or have a team that sets things up for you.

Periods For Levels In Baal Runs (If 1 baal run = 4 mins)
    89-90 = 40runs = 2hours 40mins
    90-91 = 60runs = 4hours
    91-92 = 80runs = 5hours 20mins
    92-93 = 120runs = 8hours
    93-94 = 180runs = 12hours
    94-95 = 330runs = 22hours
    95-96 = 550runs = 37hours
    96-97 = 1000runs = 67hours
    97-98 = 3000runs = 201hours
    98-99 = 9000runs = 603hours
    This is why i never cared about ladder. But i was also like 11 lol

Yeah, most people don't care going past 93, it's just the economy reset + full access to all the runeword/unique goodies.

I'm a bit disappointed that Blizzard seemingly removed widescreen support since the previous Alpha.

It worked well enough then with the exception that monsters apparently wouldn't aggro outside the 16:9 ratio, something they said they'd fix by release.

Instead widescreen players now just have to deal with massive black bars on both sides of their screen. That's not my idea of how to fix the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I've got a simple solution for all those that think $40 is too expensive for D2:R

Don't buy it. Don't worry about the people that will.

I also have a solution for those that think $40 is a good price and can't understand why some people say it's too much.

Buy it. Don't worry about the people that won't.

Yelling at each other over whether or not it is a good price is silly. It's a subjective opinion.

I pre-ordered and was looking forward to it and spent a fair amount of time Friday afternoon playing. The nostalgia, music, familiar dialog "MY ROGUE SCOUTS..." etc. was great!

The thing that struck me was how the re-master looks exactly like what I THINK the game looked like when I played it years ago. Frequently when I go back and look at old classic games like D2 I'm shocked at just how BAD they look, not just when compared to modern games but compared to our own memory of how amazing they were back when they came out.

I found that D2R simply manages to recreate for me the exact same experience that I had with the original D2, and showed me just how much D3 has advanced things, and I just don't think I would have very much fun playing D2R as I played enough D2 back in the day and there are plenty of other things competing for my time these days.

So I got a refund on my pre-order.

I'm sure lots of D2 fans will have a great time with it, but it's just not something I feel would be worth spending time on anymore.

Do you have any idea what thread you are commenting on?
    Uh, yes, I do. You made the statement that a game that came out years ago isn't worth the same amount as a game that is coming out now, trying to make the point that it's not worth it to pay that price for the older game. I posted several examples of how people choose to spend money on things other people might consider not worth it. I then asked you why it's your business what people spend money on.

And while I directly addressed every one of your points, you chose to show off your inner moron and gain some internet points. Answer my question: what business is it of yours what people spend their money on? If they think a twenty year old game is worth that price, then let them spend their money on it and you go play your New Order or New World or New Who Gives a Flying Crap and be done with it.

Did that make it any clearer for you?
    Still calling them out, one infraction at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    I pre-ordered and was looking forward to it and spent a fair amount of time Friday afternoon playing. The nostalgia, music, familiar dialog "MY ROGUE SCOUTS..." etc. was great!

The thing that struck me was how the re-master looks exactly like what I THINK the game looked like when I played it years ago. Frequently when I go back and look at old classic games like D2 I'm shocked at just how BAD they look, not just when compared to modern games but compared to our own memory of how amazing they were back when they came out.

I found that D2R simply manages to recreate for me the exact same experience that I had with the original D2, and showed me just how much D3 has advanced things, and I just don't think I would have very much fun playing D2R as I played enough D2 back in the day and there are plenty of other things competing for my time these days.

So I got a refund on my pre-order.

I'm sure lots of D2 fans will have a great time with it, but it's just not something I feel would be worth spending time on anymore.
    You should of just watched a streamer with drops and gotten the beta for free, i had a streamer in my background for 2 and half hours got a free beta access, you just need to connect twitch to your battlenet account.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

It's £35 here, which is more than it cost in 2000 to buy brand new. Game prices have been creeping up a lot lately, but when graphical touch ups of old games are being re-sold for more than the original game cost, that's stretching it. £20 would have been acceptable.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

Imagine not doing mythic nzoth carries to get it for free