Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I played the original to death. I would think it was a really great game and not many alternatives if any.
    Nowdays though, for people who have not played D2 (or D3 in which case they should stick to D3), D2 was only fun back in the days cos it was as above a kickass game for the time with no competition really.
    It was among the first, certainly most successful versions of such a game. But its riddled with annoying stuff that one would not put up with today a Jurassic age later.

Personally for me, it was great back than even more than great but its shit today and ontop of that BLZ trying to milk fans with a pricetag that in no way reflect the package one gets.
    BLZ is no longer BLZ, its BLZ Store. D2R is just another example of having no creational ideas and betting safe (for shareholder responsibility).
    Anyone not agreeing with my view is perfectly fine but. WoW Classic, WoW TBC, D2R, WoW Wrath.
    I absolutely loved the realease of some of them but its a pretty clear tell tale sigh than BLZ will get overrun soon.
    D2R is a shitty lackluster at best.
    40 bucks is nothing. The game is great. They spent multiple years on this. Remade all designs and effects. You not being able to comprehend the work they've put into this surprises no one. If you don't like it - that's fine, in fact, Blizzard could not please you no matter what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    40 bucks is nothing. The game is great. They spent multiple years on this. Remade all designs and effects. You not being able to comprehend the work they've put into this surprises no one. If you don't like it - that's fine, in fact, Blizzard could not please you no matter what they do.
    40 bucks is nothing but as I explained in my previous posts in this thread its a rip off for what I get.
    That always pisses me off. Dont mind buying a drink for 25 bucks as long as it live up to the expectations of the experience.

Edit: playing OW so kept it short. Even though this remake doesnt really drain developer resources I would think most people would like it to be put into a new game instead of another remake.
    But as pointed out, some if not many will enjoy it so its cool.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2021-08-16 at 01:29 AM.
    Fox News Media is proud of our 2020 election coverage, which stands in the highest tradition of American journalism, and we will vigorously defend against this baseless lawsuit in court," the media company said in its response.
    Equally outrageously hilarious as sad

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    40 bucks is nothing but as I explained in my previous posts in this thread its a rip off for what I get.
    That always pisses me off. Dont mind buying a drink for 25 bucks as long as it live up to the expectations of the experience.

Edit: playing OW so kept it short. Even though this remake doesnt really drain developer resources I would think most people would like it to be put into a new game instead of another remake.
    But as pointed out, some if not many will enjoy it so its cool.
    If you truly enjoy D2 then D2R will live up to the expectation of the experience, imo... It only takes a few minutes of playing to see they didn't try and change much except the visual quality and a few QoL bonuses.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-16 at 03:43 AM.
    Let's spread optimism and defeat pessimism! (HumanProgress.org)

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Yah I think it's too expensive for an old game I already have that still works well.
    I'm sure you said the same thing about Warcraft 3 before R came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    If you truly enjoy D2 then D2R will live up to the expectation of the experience, imo... It only takes a few minutes of playing to see they didn't try and change much except the visual quality and a few QoL bonuses.
    Based off what, the 2 acts you're able to do? Do you know how much Blizzard can change in the next month to completely fuck over that statement? If you kids have learned anything from Blizzard it's that you should never pre order their games

Visually its great, kept zooming in to see the new monster models and gear, also the sound fx are nice as well, that new frost shatter sound hits the spot. I wont rag on the models too much sice you cant really see them when you are zoomed out while playing normally but its there in all its glory on character select screens. Amazon still has that square face and barb looks odd.
    Main issues i had in beta was how horrid the lobby interface was, no marking of text, no tabbing, no enter to join game, no auto fill of game names when you click on a game from the list, 2 separate tabs for game time and character list. Its clear whoever made that UI never played on bnet trying to follow any sort of runs. Rubberbanding is still there, didnt see too much of it tho.
    Played mainly sorc, will probably wait with buying untill its on some sort of sale tho, just like Mass Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    If you kids have learned anything from Blizzard it's that you should never pre order their games
    Yes, theyve lost all trust. But they also smartly tied the beta to pre-ordering, a bit of a grift if you ask me. Blizz knows theyve lost trust and rather try to earn it back with merit, they hide testing behind a pay wall.
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

When does it release on torrents you think?
    Shouldn't take long at all to crack, right?

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    I'm sure you said the same thing about Warcraft 3 before R came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Based off what, the 2 acts you're able to do? Do you know how much Blizzard can change in the next month to completely fuck over that statement? If you kids have learned anything from Blizzard it's that you should never pre order their games
    I am not exactly sure what people were expecting, this isn't Diablo 4, it is a remaster of a very old game, and done quite well, they even added in more flavor to the landscapes and somehow made the game look darker than the original.

Is it worth $40? Depends, it does give me the nostalgia I have been craving for a very long time, and honestly, I hope they do this for Diablo 1 as well, I would absolutly love to play D1 in higher graphics (that isn't a little holiday event in D3).

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Is it me or are the drops rates too high? I got a unique and a few gems before Cold Plains on one run. Two blue rings, 4 rares, and a unique before the Black Marsh on my Pally.

That can't be correct.
    I'm currently replaying the original and its pretty much normal for me right now. though... to be fair, I have both original and expac installed and it might be due to that.

that said... I'm also kinda rediscovering something that I hated about the game, but was willing to deal with back in a day, but just don't have the time to deal with now. does ressurrected still make you relog in camp regardless of where you stopped playing and then you have to completely retrace your steps to where you left off when you logged out? unless you spend some time discovering one of those permanent fast travel points? and oh dear god, my bag space.... I forgot how much I had to town portal back into the city when doing those random zone 2 level dungeons/caves...

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm currently replaying the original and its pretty much normal for me right now. though... to be fair, I have both original and expac installed and it might be due to that.

that said... I'm also kinda rediscovering something that I hated about the game, but was willing to deal with back in a day, but just don't have the time to deal with now. does ressurrected still make you relog in camp regardless of where you stopped playing and then you have to completely retrace your steps to where you left off when you logged out? unless you spend some time discovering one of those permanent fast travel points? and oh dear god, my bag space.... I forgot how much I had to town portal back into the city when doing those random zone 2 level dungeons/caves...
    It was hard re-learning "DONT PICK EVERYTHING UP", trying to remember what the high value items are, and only grabbing blues (and pretty soon stop picking those up too).

Then learning what the best white/grey items are to check if they have sockets.

Is D2R even better than those 2 huge overhaul mods (1 is multiplayer) that everyone plays for D2?
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.
    Classic+ Retune/New Boss Abilities >>> #nochanges crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Is D2R even better than those 2 huge overhaul mods (1 is multiplayer) that everyone plays for D2?
    No, its mainly a graphic overhaul with some slight qol changes. The quests, zones etc are the same as d2.
    3 large shared tabs (imo should have been the other way around 1 shared 3 personal, esp with the 20 characters limit) You can gamble infinite amounts of the same item from the vendor once you found the type you are looking for. Toggleable show loot button, auto pickup gold when you walk over it etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    I am not exactly sure what people were expecting, this isn't Diablo 4, it is a remaster of a very old game, and done quite well, they even added in more flavor to the landscapes and somehow made the game look darker than the original.

Is it worth $40? Depends, it does give me the nostalgia I have been craving for a very long time, and honestly, I hope they do this for Diablo 1 as well, I would absolutly love to play D1 in higher graphics (that isn't a little holiday event in D3).
    Would love to see D1 and WC2 too someday, I spent an insane amount of time with them back then, even more that on D2 and WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Futch View Post
    Meph runs then BAAL then when that's all done you ruin people's Cow lvls.
    I recall a few Diablo runs tossed in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    sure. if you are a d2 fan then $40 is nothing and you'll almost certainly enjoy it.

but if you aren't a d2 fan (aka most people in the target audience) $40 is quite a lot for a short nostalgia trip. and for someone who never played d2 at all it's just a bad idea to spend $40.

(though who knows, maybe it'll be short-lived for fans too once the details around mods become known and/or the dev team gets scrapped in 6 months. still fully expecting blizz to want ownership over the popular mods.)
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-08-16 at 12:23 PM.

No. It's just basically D2 at this point. Which is neat. But hardly in the level of the godly mods of old.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    It was hard re-learning "DONT PICK EVERYTHING UP", trying to remember what the high value items are, and only grabbing blues (and pretty soon stop picking those up too).

Then learning what the best white/grey items are to check if they have sockets.
    I mean yeah, I've reached that point as well, but I'm still struggling with... ok, just a few more minutes until I find that damn waypoint for the zone so that I don't have to travel back all the way from the last zone... which pretty much turns into way more minutes that I planned on cause of enemy concentration...

I haven't gotten into D2 mods though, didn't even realize any existed till I started looking for high rez mods (which do not work with my version anyways, as I've kinda... murdered my old CD though several moves and ended up repurchasing downloadable version years back when blizzard first made wow tokens convertible into bnet cash)

so do those mods work for latest patch, where can one get them, what do they do???

Unfortunately no. The mods have better balancing and more stuff to do, D2R has the pretty varnish.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

@Fencers, @Bakis

Thanks for the input. I will give open beta a go next week but I will probably get the game when its on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    so do those mods work for latest patch, where can one get them, what do they do???
    Not yet. This is just the multiplayer beta basically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    @Fencers, @Bakis

Thanks for the input. I will give open beta a go next week but I will probably get the game when its on sale.
    Probably worth waiting till it is like $15-20 range. This is a niche product.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin