Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well, i do agree the stamina system hasn't aged well. I'm not gonna advocate for its removal, but i wouldn't be mad if it was either.

Granted, I'm sure its inclusion was centered around you stopping and killing things instead of just running away from everything to encourage you to kill for drops/gold and the fact getting to 99 takes 1000 years. I never managed to get past 91 and i played 10 hours a day for a year and a half(at least)
    It's pretty easy to get up to 93-95. After that, you'll need to put in titanic work and/or have a team that sets things up for you.

Periods For Levels In Baal Runs (If 1 baal run = 4 mins)
    89-90 = 40runs = 2hours 40mins
    90-91 = 60runs = 4hours
    91-92 = 80runs = 5hours 20mins
    92-93 = 120runs = 8hours
    93-94 = 180runs = 12hours
    94-95 = 330runs = 22hours
    95-96 = 550runs = 37hours
    96-97 = 1000runs = 67hours
    97-98 = 3000runs = 201hours
    98-99 = 9000runs = 603hours

Note: those numbers may be a bit outdated, you can get to 99 in like a month now on ladder (with a dedicated team, ofc) since the runs can be faster and more optimized with Nihlathak+Diablo etc.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2021-08-14 at 11:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    It's pretty easy to get up to 93-95. After that, you'll need to put in titanic work and/or have a team that sets things up for you.

Periods For Levels In Baal Runs (If 1 baal run = 4 mins)
    89-90 = 40runs = 2hours 40mins
    90-91 = 60runs = 4hours
    91-92 = 80runs = 5hours 20mins
    92-93 = 120runs = 8hours
    93-94 = 180runs = 12hours
    94-95 = 330runs = 22hours
    95-96 = 550runs = 37hours
    96-97 = 1000runs = 67hours
    97-98 = 3000runs = 201hours
    98-99 = 9000runs = 603hours
    This is why i never cared about ladder. But i was also like 11 lol

Yeah, most people don't care going past 93, it's just the economy reset + full access to all the runeword/unique goodies.

I'm a bit disappointed that Blizzard seemingly removed widescreen support since the previous Alpha.

It worked well enough then with the exception that monsters apparently wouldn't aggro outside the 16:9 ratio, something they said they'd fix by release.

Instead widescreen players now just have to deal with massive black bars on both sides of their screen. That's not my idea of how to fix the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I've got a simple solution for all those that think $40 is too expensive for D2:R

Don't buy it. Don't worry about the people that will.

I also have a solution for those that think $40 is a good price and can't understand why some people say it's too much.

Buy it. Don't worry about the people that won't.

Yelling at each other over whether or not it is a good price is silly. It's a subjective opinion.

I pre-ordered and was looking forward to it and spent a fair amount of time Friday afternoon playing. The nostalgia, music, familiar dialog "MY ROGUE SCOUTS..." etc. was great!

The thing that struck me was how the re-master looks exactly like what I THINK the game looked like when I played it years ago. Frequently when I go back and look at old classic games like D2 I'm shocked at just how BAD they look, not just when compared to modern games but compared to our own memory of how amazing they were back when they came out.

I found that D2R simply manages to recreate for me the exact same experience that I had with the original D2, and showed me just how much D3 has advanced things, and I just don't think I would have very much fun playing D2R as I played enough D2 back in the day and there are plenty of other things competing for my time these days.

So I got a refund on my pre-order.

I'm sure lots of D2 fans will have a great time with it, but it's just not something I feel would be worth spending time on anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Do you have any idea what thread you are commenting on?
    Uh, yes, I do. You made the statement that a game that came out years ago isn't worth the same amount as a game that is coming out now, trying to make the point that it's not worth it to pay that price for the older game. I posted several examples of how people choose to spend money on things other people might consider not worth it. I then asked you why it's your business what people spend money on.

And while I directly addressed every one of your points, you chose to show off your inner moron and gain some internet points. Answer my question: what business is it of yours what people spend their money on? If they think a twenty year old game is worth that price, then let them spend their money on it and you go play your New Order or New World or New Who Gives a Flying Crap and be done with it.

Did that make it any clearer for you?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    I pre-ordered and was looking forward to it and spent a fair amount of time Friday afternoon playing. The nostalgia, music, familiar dialog "MY ROGUE SCOUTS..." etc. was great!

The thing that struck me was how the re-master looks exactly like what I THINK the game looked like when I played it years ago. Frequently when I go back and look at old classic games like D2 I'm shocked at just how BAD they look, not just when compared to modern games but compared to our own memory of how amazing they were back when they came out.

I found that D2R simply manages to recreate for me the exact same experience that I had with the original D2, and showed me just how much D3 has advanced things, and I just don't think I would have very much fun playing D2R as I played enough D2 back in the day and there are plenty of other things competing for my time these days.

So I got a refund on my pre-order.

I'm sure lots of D2 fans will have a great time with it, but it's just not something I feel would be worth spending time on anymore.
    You should of just watched a streamer with drops and gotten the beta for free, i had a streamer in my background for 2 and half hours got a free beta access, you just need to connect twitch to your battlenet account.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

It's £35 here, which is more than it cost in 2000 to buy brand new. Game prices have been creeping up a lot lately, but when graphical touch ups of old games are being re-sold for more than the original game cost, that's stretching it. £20 would have been acceptable.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine not doing mythic nzoth carries to get it for free

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Imagine not doing mythic nzoth carries to get it for free
    I wanted to flex and have two longbois

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's £35 here, which is more than it cost in 2000 to buy brand new. Game prices have been creeping up a lot lately, but when graphical touch ups of old games are being re-sold for more than the original game cost, that's stretching it. £20 would have been acceptable.
    $40-50 is acceptable at first but they should cut the price in half in a couple years so that more people can buy it later on.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-15 at 04:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember playing the original (with the mandatory aching shoulder/arm/hand pain) and the beta a bit now.
    I cannot see myself pay for D2R just for a GFX upgrade.

BLZ did great by making it like the originial D2 apart from me using a 35" monitor and not 2x1 pixel resolution back then.
    BLZ did well (why fix what aint broken?) but for those who want/considering to buy it, for me personally its a freaking rip-off.
    And that make me pissed even though I can afford it 20 times over.
    D2R feels like I stumbled onto Blizzard WoW Shop website - character name change 2M$.

For those who look past that and enjoyed D2. You will have a great time
    Last edited by Bakis; 2021-08-15 at 03:14 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Jesus, Diablo II: RE is freaking terrible.

I've been around in the days of Diablo I and Diablo II and loved and played the shit out of those games. But that was then.
    I'm older now and have no time for the following bullshit.

What do I loved about Diablo II RE:
    The barbarian looks like a homeless, haven't-bathed-in-years Bruce Willis! Actually looks and plays surprisingly well.

What I hated:
    - The core system is horribly outdated.
    - Very few skills. No skill duration to notify you on its expiration and you can only equip one skill (you have to switch skills for those 2-minute buffs, wtf)
    - Tiny inventory size and also there are some retarded charms you need to keep in inventory if you want their buffs.
    - Mana and stamina barely regenerating. You have to chug pots like crazy which takes space in a tiny inventory.
    - Janky animations while running/attacking/casting spells.
    - Unable to zoom in/out on my character.
    - Characters rarely change looks when you equip new gear.

How the fuck did that stamina system make it into the remastered version is beyond me. It's an ARPG, I want to run around, kill shit and loot stuff, not crawl around once my stamina runs out after 20 seconds.
    If you love Diablo II and still play it and want he same game with updated visuals, go for it. For the rest of us who have moved on, fuck that shit.
    Lol i don't know if this is just complete mindblank anout how D2 was and how the remaster wants to capture or it's just a long and elaborate troll.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    I'm a lvl 31 sorc, so you could say I went hard.
    Nice I just got to level 21 on my paladin but couldn't get to act 3 so I guess it's not testable at the moment? I got lucky with cold resist charms and a cold resist shrine right before Duriel, the big ole guy could never get me below 95% HP with my shield, thawing potions, and 15% leech.

Usually I died at Duriel and needed to level/gear up.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-15 at 07:59 AM.

This would be a reasonable price for a full remaster in a new engine with updated graphics, animations, and combat.

But for upgraded textures? Nah. If Skyrim modders can do that for free, Blizz should do more for $$$

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    This would be a reasonable price for a full remaster in a new engine with updated graphics, animations, and combat.

But for upgraded textures? Nah. If Skyrim modders can do that for free, Blizz should do more for $$$
    Personally I don't think they should do much more. For D2R I want fidelity, I want *recognizability*, if not then I'd rather have a new game in the Diablo universe with its own unique look and feel. I don't want some weird hybrid game where they use D2 visual art but then the game plays and feels differently.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-15 at 07:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can charge whatever the fuck they want, it's not like it's removing every copy of the original, nor are you forced to buy it.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I remember playing the original (with the mandatory aching shoulder/arm/hand pain) and the beta a bit now.
    I cannot see myself pay for D2R just for a GFX upgrade.

BLZ did great by making it like the originial D2 apart from me using a 35" monitor and not 2x1 pixel resolution back then.
    BLZ did well (why fix what aint broken?) but for those who want/considering to buy it, for me personally its a freaking rip-off.
    And that make me pissed even though I can afford it 20 times over.
    D2R feels like I stumbled onto Blizzard WoW Shop website - character name change 2M$.

For those who look past that and enjoyed D2. You will have a great time
    I played D2 very little. Do you think its worth if you did not play old game extensively?

--

I can afford it but I am not sure if I should buy given Activision Blizzard's recent scandals and their predatory policies towards players. How is people's experience in beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I played D2 very little. Do you think its worth if you did not play old game extensively?

--

I can afford it but I am not sure if I should buy given Activision Blizzard's recent scandals and their predatory policies towards players. How is people's experience in beta?
    Next week is open beta. You can try it yourself.

For me personally, I haven't played D2 in like a decade - this game is way better than I had in mind. The whole atmosphere is just great. I actually felt like I was in that dangerous cave slaying zombies. Quite sure you can get at least 8 hours of enjoyment out of this. So yeah the price isn't that bad either. Give next week a try and then decide for yourself.