Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Next week is open beta. You can try it yourself.

For me personally, I haven't played D2 in like a decade - this game is way better than I had in mind. The whole atmosphere is just great. I actually felt like I was in that dangerous cave slaying zombies. Quite sure you can get at least 8 hours of enjoyment out of this. So yeah the price isn't that bad either. Give next week a try and then decide for yourself.
    Thanks for the heads up, I will give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd2 View Post
    at least its not 60/70 bucks
    it is in Australia lol

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like fuel - you pay whatever the price is if you need a ride.

Since it’s almost the only game I’m interested in in like 5 years, i’d pay even 100-300 bucks easily.

It’s up to blizzard to decide which price will bring them more overall income.
    If they’re wrong - they will surelly lower it with time with special offers so wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alz94 View Post
    it is in Australia lol
    I think he means real freedom bucks, not kangaroo bucks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Uh, yes, I do. You made the statement that a game that came out years ago isn't worth the same amount as a game that is coming out now, trying to make the point that it's not worth it to pay that price for the older game. I posted several examples of how people choose to spend money on things other people might consider not worth it. I then asked you why it's your business what people spend money on.

And while I directly addressed every one of your points, you chose to show off your inner moron and gain some internet points. Answer my question: what business is it of yours what people spend their money on? If they think a twenty year old game is worth that price, then let them spend their money on it and you go play your New Order or New World or New Who Gives a Flying Crap and be done with it.

Did that make it any clearer for you?
    So you didn't understand where you are posting. Poor thing.

This is a thread about the price of the game. Did that make it any clearer for you?

Also, when have I said it's "my business" what people choose to spend their money on?

Talking about inner morons, what are you doing here - raging at me? Move along and be done with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Lol i don't know if this is just complete mindblank anout how D2 was and how the remaster wants to capture or it's just a long and elaborate troll.
    I also don't get his ramblings, when a musician "remasters" his old work he is not changing the songs and melodies. He is gonna record the same songs with production more up to par with modern standards. Which is exactly what Blizzard did. This guy just doesn't understand what a remaster is, sadly. Many people do not understand the concept of remasters, and confuse them with remakes.

Here a few examples:

Remaster: Resident Evil 1 (released 2015) Diablo 2: Resurrected
    Remake: Resident Evil 2, 3 (released 2019, 2020)
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2021-08-15 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    This would be a reasonable price for a full remaster in a new engine with updated graphics, animations, and combat.

But for upgraded textures? Nah. If Skyrim modders can do that for free, Blizz should do more for $$$
    ? It's a new realtime engine on top of classic mechanics...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I played D2 very little. Do you think its worth if you did not play old game extensively?
    No. I don't think this game is very palatable to general audiences not specifically attached to the mechanisms of Diablo 2.

There are games in the genre far more fluid, expansive, and feature robust than D2r. Many cost way less too. In my opinion, the best one of them all, Path of Exile, is free.

How is people's experience in beta?
    For me, good so far. I love it! Only encountered some minor rubber banding. No other issues.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-08-15 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No. I doubt think this game is very palatable to general audiences not specifically attached to the mechanisms of Diablo 2.

There are games in the genre far more fluid, expansive, and feature robust than D2r. Many cost way less too. In my opinion, the best one of them all, Path of Exile, is free.

For me, good so far. I love it! Only encountered some minor rubber banding. No other issues.
    I haven't played d2 back in the day. Tried a few times years later but could never last playing it because of the graphics.
    Played d2r beta for the last few days and all I can say is that it's great. Sure, you can see it's age even with the updated graphics but somehow I find it very engaging and fun, probably because there's no hand holding like modern games have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I played D2 very little. Do you think its worth if you did not play old game extensively?

--

I can afford it but I am not sure if I should buy given Activision Blizzard's recent scandals and their predatory policies towards players. How is people's experience in beta?
    I played the original to death. I would think it was a really great game and not many alternatives if any.
    Nowdays though, for people who have not played D2 (or D3 in which case they should stick to D3), D2 was only fun back in the days cos it was as above a kickass game for the time with no competition really.
    It was among the first, certainly most successful versions of such a game. But its riddled with annoying stuff that one would not put up with today a Jurassic age later.

Personally for me, it was great back than even more than great but its shit today and ontop of that BLZ trying to milk fans with a pricetag that in no way reflect the package one gets.
    BLZ is no longer BLZ, its BLZ Store. D2R is just another example of having no creational ideas and betting safe (for shareholder responsibility).
    Anyone not agreeing with my view is perfectly fine but. WoW Classic, WoW TBC, D2R, WoW Wrath.
    I absolutely loved the realease of some of them but its a pretty clear tell tale sigh than BLZ will get overrun soon.
    D2R is a shitty lackluster at best.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2021-08-16 at 12:43 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I played the original to death. I would think it was a really great game and not many alternatives if any.
    Nowdays though, for people who have not played D2 (or D3 in which case they should stick to D3), D2 was only fun back in the days cos it was as above a kickass game for the time with no competition really.
    It was among the first, certainly most successful versions of such a game. But its riddled with annoying stuff that one would not put up with today a Jurassic age later.

Personally for me, it was great back than even more than great but its shit today and ontop of that BLZ trying to milk fans with a pricetag that in no way reflect the package one gets.
    BLZ is no longer BLZ, its BLZ Store. D2R is just another example of having no creational ideas and betting safe (for shareholder responsibility).
    Anyone not agreeing with my view is perfectly fine but. WoW Classic, WoW TBC, D2R, WoW Wrath.
    I absolutely loved the realease of some of them but its a pretty clear tell tale sigh than BLZ will get overrun soon.
    D2R is a shitty lackluster at best.
    40 bucks is nothing. The game is great. They spent multiple years on this. Remade all designs and effects. You not being able to comprehend the work they've put into this surprises no one. If you don't like it - that's fine, in fact, Blizzard could not please you no matter what they do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    40 bucks is nothing. The game is great. They spent multiple years on this. Remade all designs and effects. You not being able to comprehend the work they've put into this surprises no one. If you don't like it - that's fine, in fact, Blizzard could not please you no matter what they do.
    40 bucks is nothing but as I explained in my previous posts in this thread its a rip off for what I get.
    That always pisses me off. Dont mind buying a drink for 25 bucks as long as it live up to the expectations of the experience.

Edit: playing OW so kept it short. Even though this remake doesnt really drain developer resources I would think most people would like it to be put into a new game instead of another remake.
    But as pointed out, some if not many will enjoy it so its cool.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2021-08-16 at 01:29 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    40 bucks is nothing but as I explained in my previous posts in this thread its a rip off for what I get.
    That always pisses me off. Dont mind buying a drink for 25 bucks as long as it live up to the expectations of the experience.

Edit: playing OW so kept it short. Even though this remake doesnt really drain developer resources I would think most people would like it to be put into a new game instead of another remake.
    But as pointed out, some if not many will enjoy it so its cool.
    If you truly enjoy D2 then D2R will live up to the expectation of the experience, imo... It only takes a few minutes of playing to see they didn't try and change much except the visual quality and a few QoL bonuses.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-16 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Yah I think it's too expensive for an old game I already have that still works well.
    I'm sure you said the same thing about Warcraft 3 before R came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    If you truly enjoy D2 then D2R will live up to the expectation of the experience, imo... It only takes a few minutes of playing to see they didn't try and change much except the visual quality and a few QoL bonuses.
    Based off what, the 2 acts you're able to do? Do you know how much Blizzard can change in the next month to completely fuck over that statement? If you kids have learned anything from Blizzard it's that you should never pre order their games

Visually its great, kept zooming in to see the new monster models and gear, also the sound fx are nice as well, that new frost shatter sound hits the spot. I wont rag on the models too much sice you cant really see them when you are zoomed out while playing normally but its there in all its glory on character select screens. Amazon still has that square face and barb looks odd.
    Main issues i had in beta was how horrid the lobby interface was, no marking of text, no tabbing, no enter to join game, no auto fill of game names when you click on a game from the list, 2 separate tabs for game time and character list. Its clear whoever made that UI never played on bnet trying to follow any sort of runs. Rubberbanding is still there, didnt see too much of it tho.
    Played mainly sorc, will probably wait with buying untill its on some sort of sale tho, just like Mass Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    If you kids have learned anything from Blizzard it's that you should never pre order their games
    Yes, theyve lost all trust. But they also smartly tied the beta to pre-ordering, a bit of a grift if you ask me. Blizz knows theyve lost trust and rather try to earn it back with merit, they hide testing behind a pay wall.

When does it release on torrents you think?
    Shouldn't take long at all to crack, right?

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    I'm sure you said the same thing about Warcraft 3 before R came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Based off what, the 2 acts you're able to do? Do you know how much Blizzard can change in the next month to completely fuck over that statement? If you kids have learned anything from Blizzard it's that you should never pre order their games
    I am not exactly sure what people were expecting, this isn't Diablo 4, it is a remaster of a very old game, and done quite well, they even added in more flavor to the landscapes and somehow made the game look darker than the original.

Is it worth $40? Depends, it does give me the nostalgia I have been craving for a very long time, and honestly, I hope they do this for Diablo 1 as well, I would absolutly love to play D1 in higher graphics (that isn't a little holiday event in D3).

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Is it me or are the drops rates too high? I got a unique and a few gems before Cold Plains on one run. Two blue rings, 4 rares, and a unique before the Black Marsh on my Pally.

That can't be correct.
    I'm currently replaying the original and its pretty much normal for me right now. though... to be fair, I have both original and expac installed and it might be due to that.

that said... I'm also kinda rediscovering something that I hated about the game, but was willing to deal with back in a day, but just don't have the time to deal with now. does ressurrected still make you relog in camp regardless of where you stopped playing and then you have to completely retrace your steps to where you left off when you logged out? unless you spend some time discovering one of those permanent fast travel points? and oh dear god, my bag space.... I forgot how much I had to town portal back into the city when doing those random zone 2 level dungeons/caves...

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm currently replaying the original and its pretty much normal for me right now. though... to be fair, I have both original and expac installed and it might be due to that.

that said... I'm also kinda rediscovering something that I hated about the game, but was willing to deal with back in a day, but just don't have the time to deal with now. does ressurrected still make you relog in camp regardless of where you stopped playing and then you have to completely retrace your steps to where you left off when you logged out? unless you spend some time discovering one of those permanent fast travel points? and oh dear god, my bag space.... I forgot how much I had to town portal back into the city when doing those random zone 2 level dungeons/caves...
    It was hard re-learning "DONT PICK EVERYTHING UP", trying to remember what the high value items are, and only grabbing blues (and pretty soon stop picking those up too).

Then learning what the best white/grey items are to check if they have sockets.