Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is D2R even better than those 2 huge overhaul mods (1 is multiplayer) that everyone plays for D2?
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Is D2R even better than those 2 huge overhaul mods (1 is multiplayer) that everyone plays for D2?
    No, its mainly a graphic overhaul with some slight qol changes. The quests, zones etc are the same as d2.
    3 large shared tabs (imo should have been the other way around 1 shared 3 personal, esp with the 20 characters limit) You can gamble infinite amounts of the same item from the vendor once you found the type you are looking for. Toggleable show loot button, auto pickup gold when you walk over it etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    I am not exactly sure what people were expecting, this isn't Diablo 4, it is a remaster of a very old game, and done quite well, they even added in more flavor to the landscapes and somehow made the game look darker than the original.

Is it worth $40? Depends, it does give me the nostalgia I have been craving for a very long time, and honestly, I hope they do this for Diablo 1 as well, I would absolutly love to play D1 in higher graphics (that isn't a little holiday event in D3).
    Would love to see D1 and WC2 too someday, I spent an insane amount of time with them back then, even more that on D2 and WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Futch View Post
    Meph runs then BAAL then when that's all done you ruin people's Cow lvls.
    I recall a few Diablo runs tossed in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    If you truly enjoy D2 then D2R will live up to the expectation of the experience, imo... It only takes a few minutes of playing to see they didn't try and change much except the visual quality and a few QoL bonuses.
    sure. if you are a d2 fan then $40 is nothing and you'll almost certainly enjoy it.

but if you aren't a d2 fan (aka most people in the target audience) $40 is quite a lot for a short nostalgia trip. and for someone who never played d2 at all it's just a bad idea to spend $40.

(though who knows, maybe it'll be short-lived for fans too once the details around mods become known and/or the dev team gets scrapped in 6 months. still fully expecting blizz to want ownership over the popular mods.)
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-08-16 at 12:23 PM.

No. It's just basically D2 at this point. Which is neat. But hardly in the level of the godly mods of old.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    It was hard re-learning "DONT PICK EVERYTHING UP", trying to remember what the high value items are, and only grabbing blues (and pretty soon stop picking those up too).

Then learning what the best white/grey items are to check if they have sockets.
    I mean yeah, I've reached that point as well, but I'm still struggling with... ok, just a few more minutes until I find that damn waypoint for the zone so that I don't have to travel back all the way from the last zone... which pretty much turns into way more minutes that I planned on cause of enemy concentration...

I haven't gotten into D2 mods though, didn't even realize any existed till I started looking for high rez mods (which do not work with my version anyways, as I've kinda... murdered my old CD though several moves and ended up repurchasing downloadable version years back when blizzard first made wow tokens convertible into bnet cash)

so do those mods work for latest patch, where can one get them, what do they do???

Unfortunately no. The mods have better balancing and more stuff to do, D2R has the pretty varnish.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

@Fencers, @Bakis

Thanks for the input. I will give open beta a go next week but I will probably get the game when its on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    so do those mods work for latest patch, where can one get them, what do they do???
    Not yet. This is just the multiplayer beta basically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    @Fencers, @Bakis

Thanks for the input. I will give open beta a go next week but I will probably get the game when its on sale.
    Probably worth waiting till it is like $15-20 range. This is a niche product.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not yet. This is just the multiplayer beta basically.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably worth waiting till it is like $15-20 range. This is a niche product.
    I meant latest patch of original, sorry wasn't clear. chances of me buying ressurrected are about 1%. as in, I do not want to dismiss the possibility definitively but its very VERY unlikely. I have this personal problem with buying the same game multiple times just because it got a coat of polish. give me actual new content that's not in original? then I'll concider it. otherwise, I'll just replay the original

that said, i did find a bunch of VERY lovely and useful mods for original that work with my patch, so... yay!

I'm gonna wait for the new Jamella, because i know it will come out sooner or later. And i'm also pretty sure that while many modders will drop their efforts since you cannot play online woth them, we'll see a some offline mods sooner or later.

I was super into modding d2, i think that if i jave time i'll try to crack my head around it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Same price as WC3: Reforged was. Everybody shelved out fine for that. The only difference is between that and this is Blizzard have lost trust on remasters. I'll take a wait and see approach on this one.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-08-17 at 05:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some notes so far:
    -The game got more fun after I got a movement speed bonus on my boots and on a charm.
    -Stamina potions drop every few minutes so I'm not sure why people are running into exhaustion/walk speed issues.
    -For level up stats I forgot how dominant vitality is.
    -Forgot how nice belts are with extra potion slots.
    -I kind of like the tension between magic find versus combat bonuses and the tension between charms versus available inventory slots. Modern gamers might not like those kinds of trade-offs though.
    -I've been finding more ways to play D2 with one-hand using only the computer mouse, some of the time. IDK if anyone else does that. Only works when you're a bit OP in a given region of the game though.
    I am too old for this game.
    Yea lol, playing D2 is more exhausting than I remember. That's why I switched to one hand play some of the time so I can lean back in my chair. A comfortable chair/desk/screen setup makes a huge difference.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-17 at 09:27 PM.

It's a deal to me. I would have paid them $1000 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm gonna wait for the new Jamella, because i know it will come out sooner or later. And i'm also pretty sure that while many modders will drop their efforts since you cannot play online woth them, we'll see a some offline mods sooner or later.

I was super into modding d2, i think that if i jave time i'll try to crack my head around it.
    If i remember well you should be able to use your old local characters with d2r so you can always jamella them in d2 and copy over. Not 100% on that one tho.

But they started messing with it more than id like. (again apart from the bad looking models of some characters)

Removal of TCP/IP, screws over modders the most but personally i never got into median xl or any of those, preffered ladder bnet.
    Removing eth bugging armors.
    You will no longer be able to use a lvl 40 gater to get your lvl 1 char to hell diablos. (getting a char to 40 on normal was the easiest way for me to get a hell boost)
    PvP wise, removing the weapon swap glitch.
    Dunno about more.

I get that these are bugs but they havent bothered patching them for a whiiiiiilllle and all of a sudden they are a no no.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    If i remember well you should be able to use your old local characters with d2r so you can always jamella them in d2 and copy over. Not 100% on that one tho.

But they started messing with it more than id like. (again apart from the bad looking models of some characters)

Removal of TCP/IP, screws over modders the most but personally i never got into median xl or any of those, preffered ladder bnet.
    Removing eth bugging armors.
    You will no longer be able to use a lvl 40 gater to get your lvl 1 char to hell diablos. (getting a char to 40 on normal was the easiest way for me to get a hell boost)
    PvP wise, removing the weapon swap glitch.
    Dunno about more.

I get that these are bugs but they havent bothered patching them for a whiiiiiilllle and all of a sudden they are a no no.
    I'd have been fine with bug fixing if we also got a balance patch buffing. As it is, I'm not looking forward to having to play a Hammerdin/Bone Necro/Sorc just to be viable in Hell
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Haven't paid for a remaster yet and not going to start now that's for sure.

People grinding to level 34+ in this beta is some real grind. Sweet mercy.

People grinding to level 34+ in this beta is some real grind. Sweet mercy.
    There will wlawys be this kind of people XD
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.