Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
... LastLast
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You are playing an open world RPG/adventure game. If you resent the fact it involves travelling through an open world and struggle to navigate small hills or around enemies maybe you should question why you're playing WoW.
    Thank you for agreeing with me. Now the question goes to whether or not Blizzard wants their players questioning whether they should be playing this game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    my biggest problem with not having flying in these never xpack is that most zones are done in such a way that its just dreadful to run around, other xpack that had flying like TBC, WotLK, Cata and Mop, they're not bad to run around in ground mount,

    we have a zone that is mostly designed for flying but we cant fly, and that sucks
    This has been my complaint since WoD. Ever since the expansion where Blizzard first published the thought of removing flying, they've been designing zones that make grounded travel extremely frustrating. How those two concepts were introduced in the same expansion is beyond me. "Lets stop them from flying in all current XPac content going forward, and while we are forcing them to be grounded, lets make the ground travel as frustrating as possible".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    The answer on why people want to fly over stuff is they want everything in the game to be as easy and efficient as possible.

    This extends to all aspects of the game too, not just unique to flying or world content. It extends to games beyond WoW as well.
    It's not about easy. Flight Paths are literally the easiest things in the game. I don't want them. I'd prefer the more difficult path of expending my energy controlling the flight on my mount. It's about efficiency. I only have x numbers of minutes to play the game. Do I want to waste my time riding to content?

    There's nothing difficult about riding from one side of the zone to the other. If you think that is difficult, well I guess Blizzard found it's audience for who enjoys the challenge of riding a horse around their zones. For most of us, there's no challenge in riding a ground mount. It's pretty simple. It's because it's easy and simple that it's also boring. But I guess if you find riding your ground mounts as challenging, then I can see where it's more compelling for you. For the rest of us, it's just boring.

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    i guess you missed the part where it was explained. you've clearly missed the thousands of pages and dozens of threads that disprove this as well. you are the real mvp bro.
    People's opinions are not proof.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    how does flying make the world content more fun? you would still do the same wq just instead of runing (or flying via FP) to them you would fly on mount to them, i get its convenient and more effective, but how is it more "fun" is beyond my understanding
    To add a illustration to how flying makes world content more fun. This is how I feel getting from WQ to WQ.

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    You go to a crap sandwich restaurant for 15 years, and every day they give you a crap sandwich.

    Why are you surprised they just served you another crap sandwich?
    It wasn't for the first decade of the restaurant's life

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    "This is Argus all over again"

    Always has been. While I've enjoyed the challenge, glad they've announced I'll be able to mount up in the Maw.
    What challenge lol?

  5. #325
    The Lightbringer Strawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden/Yugoslavia
    Posts
    3,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    You're not getting flying at the start, because that trivialises questing and world pvp.
    No one does world pvp outside of ganking. The amount of players who do that are not worth considering.

    How does it trivialize questing? The quests are still there once flying is introduced. It's not like the quests magically move.

    Flying worked fine from the start in previous expansions, there's no reason why it wouldn't work now.
    It's like the rest of the design. Retarded as fuck, made to slow down players. Flying points connected in a retarded way, so you fly all over the zone instead going in a straight line, no mounting in the Maw, etc etc.
    Just retarded game design choices to prolong our play time.

    No, outside of slowing down the players and making them waste time in game, there's absolutely no reason not to include it from the beginning.

  6. #326
    Brewmaster Ermelloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ratchet, Jazzik's shop, 2nd floor
    Posts
    1,356
    Flying would not be needed if layout of few zones would not suck that much. I still tend to avoid visiting Bastion as much as possible - its a beyond horrible map to traverse, with flight points stupidly placed and tons of elevations so you need circling around stuff to get to your destination. Worst map in this expansion so far. Revendreth is easier for me just cause I'm Venthyr, so all these portals do help, otherwise, I believe, would also be messy.

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    No one does world pvp outside of ganking. The amount of players who do that are not worth considering.

    How does it trivialize questing? The quests are still there once flying is introduced. It's not like the quests magically move.

    Flying worked fine from the start in previous expansions, there's no reason why it wouldn't work now.
    It's like the rest of the design. Retarded as fuck, made to slow down players. Flying points connected in a retarded way, so you fly all over the zone instead going in a straight line, no mounting in the Maw, etc etc.
    Just retarded game design choices to prolong our play time.

    No, outside of slowing down the players and making them waste time in game, there's absolutely no reason not to include it from the beginning.
    Flying should have never been introduced period.

    It's not like the quests magically move.
    No but any difficulty goes out the window. Making your way to the quest objective tests your ability to conserve cooldowns and manage your pulls.

    Jintha'Alor was a legendary quest back in Vanilla and if flying was in for it, it would be a joke.

  8. #328
    The Lightbringer Strawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden/Yugoslavia
    Posts
    3,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    Flying should have never been introduced period.



    No but any difficulty goes out the window. Making your way to the quest objective tests your ability to conserve cooldowns and manage your pulls.

    Jintha'Alor was a legendary quest back in Vanilla and if flying was in for it, it would be a joke.
    Don't be silly. There's no difficulty for quests. You pick one, go to the zone, do it and turn in.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Don't be silly. There's no difficulty for quests. You pick one, go to the zone, do it and turn in.
    Okay so make a character on Classic WoW and do some quests in zones like Jintha'Alor where mob density is going to stop you from running around like a headless chicken.

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    To add a illustration to how flying makes world content more fun. This is how I feel getting from WQ to WQ.
    Maybe be a less bad player who doesn't run through aggressive packs without any knowledge of how to strafe? Or buy the anti daze equipment. Or switch to tank spec when you're making long hauls. You choosing to make things as difficult as you can on yourself in order to push your agenda that things are difficult doesn't hold water.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    People's opinions are not proof.
    did i say opinions? you really don't pay attention very well for someone calling someone out. there are facts in those discussions. go read them. im not going to do your legwork just so you can hand waive like a real mmo screaming about proof.

  12. #332
    The Lightbringer Strawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden/Yugoslavia
    Posts
    3,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    Okay so make a character on Classic WoW and do some quests in zones like Jintha'Alor where mob density is going to stop you from running around like a headless chicken.
    No one talking about flying cares about classic WoW.
    You're in the wrong thread.

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Don't be silly. There's no difficulty for quests. You pick one, go to the zone, do it and turn in.
    Failure might not be likely but read some of the comments in this and other flying threads. Lots of people seem to really struggle with basic navigation across the zone, get stuck on pieces of scenery or pull every mob in the zone so it takes longer to travel. On top of that there are different ways of approaching a quest so a moment looking around and deciding to attack mob X first instead of mob Y gets the quest done quicker. All aspects of gameplay that flight allows you to ignore.

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Because waiting for flying for a year to have it in completely obsoleted content isn't good compromise. Having both flying and no flying locations at the same time - is. And we had such locations in the past. Wintergrasp, Tol Barad, etc. It was perfect design and the most popular Wow xpack ever made. That's, why I call Blizzard stubborn. They just can't admit, that they're wrong.
    Notice how the only zones you couldn't fly in were zones that had actual content to do at max level? Giving flying at cap only really works if you don't put any content there, because flying trivialises everything without forcing all content under a roof or in a cave. It's just the flip side of the argument that the world feels so small. It's incredibly stubborn of YOU to suggest that your thoughts on the matter is the correct one and that blizzard must be denying they got it wrong.

    Flying is like a catch up mechanic, it speeds up questing/WQ's. Adding flying on cap just makes the world feel tiny and you zip from one quest to another without any thought. The logical next step up from that is just to have the game teleport you to a mob that you kill, and then to another mob that you kill and so on. Quest chains would need to be 200 quests long to have any play time in them.

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    No one was tricked and no one is surprised. Un-clench the pearls.
    This right here. ^^^^ /thread

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Thank the 'No flying' crowd. I cant imagine Blizzard ever going back to Flying in from the start. Why you thought this was ever going to be the case is one of the mysteries of the universe. Blizzard didn't trick you, you did that to yourself.
    Actually, flying is one of the things blizzard said they regret. "Thank the no flying crowd". Yeah...blizzard has been doing this for years because a part of the playerbase told them to. It's like you're new to the game or something.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    No. Go play a different game. This one consumes too much of your time apparently. So many lazy players out there....

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    Okay so make a character on Classic WoW and do some quests in zones like Jintha'Alor where mob density is going to stop you from running around like a headless chicken.
    Nobody cares about your "in Classic" strawman nonsense.

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Nobody cares about your "in Classic" strawman nonsense.
    It's not strawman, he said flying does not add to the difficulty. So go do that quest and say that again.

    Nobody cares about your whining either. They're never making Flying default again. They know it was a bad decision.

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    It's not strawman, he said flying does not add to the difficulty. So go do that quest and say that again.

    Nobody cares about your whining either. They're never making Flying default again. They know it was a bad decision.
    TIL calling an argument poorly constructed, off-topic, and nonsensical is 'whining'.

    When was the last time Flying was 'default'? It's coming with pathfinder, just like it always has (since Warlords), the criteria have been shuffled around. Delaying flying has absolutely nothing to do with 'difficulty' and everything to do with keeping MAU counts arbitrarily high before the mid-expansion lull. Not exactly a difficult concept for most people to wrap their head around, but tell us more about quests people don't care about, Classic, or whatever nonsense you feel supports your argument.

  19. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    TIL calling an argument poorly constructed, off-topic, and nonsensical is 'whining'.

    When was the last time Flying was 'default'? It's coming with pathfinder, just like it always has (since Warlords), the criteria have been shuffled around. Delaying flying has absolutely nothing to do with 'difficulty' and everything to do with keeping MAU counts arbitrarily high before the mid-expansion lull. Not exactly a difficult concept for most people to wrap their head around, but tell us more about quests people don't care about, Classic, or whatever nonsense you feel supports your argument.
    How does a lack of flying keep MAUs up?

  20. #340
    "How does making things take longer cause people to spend more time doing things" Hmm it's a mystery...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •