Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcodez View Post
    You're going to be disappointed for sure. They said a few xpacs ago that this was the model they would use going forward. No flying at start, some type of unlock for "conquered" content in the current xpac.

Whatever 10.0 ends up being you can bet it's going to be no-flying at launch. At least this xpac it's just renown level, no rep requirements. You just have to do your covenant campaign quests which is very minimal effort.
    Except bfa had flying in patch zones, so it hasn't really been consistent.

Honestly I'm kinda just over not being able to enjoy world content like I could in Wotlk etc. It sucks when a game you loved makes such a big change that you hate. Raiding and avoiding the world is keeping me subbed at this point. For how much longer, who knows.

What did you expect from Mr MAU Ion Hazzikoastas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    No one was tricked and no one is surprised. Un-clench the pearls.
    This. Deluding oneself into unrealistic expectations does not equal being tricked.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    It should be in the game from the start but whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Doubt there is any tricking? Maybe just for you its an surprise that it's only understandable (for most people) to have an challenge in new content. I guess an total new game for you is your only solution.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know, I'm trying to remember which expansions had flying unlocked right at the start. I can only thing of BC (locked behind hitting level 70 and costed a fortune back then relatively speaking), WotLK which required you hitting 2 levels under cap to buy cold weather flying if you had already purchased regular flying from BC, and Cata which only had it because flying was unlocked in BC. Every other expansion had it locked behind some sort of pathfinding. I can't remember how MOP unlocked flying though but I know it wasn't from the start.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another totally non baity thread by Wilfire.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Brother, you don't have to take everything Blizzard does or doesn't do as a personal affront. I promise you, they don't care about your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I can't remember how MOP unlocked flying though but I know it wasn't from the start.
    Nope, it was from the start. Just had be max level and pay 2,500 gold.
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=115913...the-four-winds
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by rmh1985 View Post
    Define need, though.

I need it to have fun in the world, and games should be fun. I can technically play the game without it, but I don't have fun that way, so it doesn't really fufill the purpose of a game then.

Since I like instanced content, I make it work by skipping almost all world content until flying is added, but it has severely diminished my enjoyment of the game compared to earlier expacs with flying at launch, and if I ever quit raiding, I'll have no reason to stick around.
    how does flying make the world content more fun? you would still do the same wq just instead of runing (or flying via FP) to them you would fly on mount to them, i get its convenient and more effective, but how is it more "fun" is beyond my understanding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    There is no tricks in it?

Seriously, you are overreacting. You knew the flight wouldn't be available in Maw so fast (or at least should know), and you get to mount up finally in the Maw.

As for "outdated content", the list says Covenant Story, doesn't specify if it is the old or the new, as more Covenant story is being implemented in 9.1. Even so, it is a reward for actually doing content, and the majority by now has completed at least one covenant storyline before the new ones come out.

There are no tricks run, other than, "play the game, and you will be rewarded" oh no...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

There are no tricks run, other than, "play the game, and you will be rewarded" oh no...
    "in the timeframe that bests suits our quarterly investment reporting"

Quote Originally Posted by Oishi View Post
    Blocking posters like this really shows how often it's the same small number of people complaining about the things over and over.
    It's great, you can even toggle it off if you're not sure.

Though in this case I don't think I need to.
    right? i open thread, see i have OP in ignore and know ina na instant its either pointless whining or ego stroking

as for flying itself, its nice how rep grind was huge issue and x.2 was too late for flying, and now that we get it in 9.1 and without rep grind the goalpost of issue was moved

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    We live in a society, after all.

you do realise quarterly reporting doesnt show just last week of quarter but WHOLE quarter? so time that best suits quarterly investment reporting is ALL THE TIME

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You know, I'm trying to remember which expansions had flying unlocked right at the start. I can only thing of BC (locked behind hitting level 70 and costed a fortune back then relatively speaking), WotLK which required you hitting 2 levels under cap to buy cold weather flying if you had already purchased regular flying from BC, and Cata which only had it because flying was unlocked in BC. Every other expansion had it locked behind some sort of pathfinding. I can't remember how MOP unlocked flying though but I know it wasn't from the start.
    if memory serves, It could only be bought in the in the vale, and you had to be max level

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    Absolutely not. That would completely ruin and trivialize the content and how it was intended to be played. You'll get your cherished flying, but only once it's completely meaningless and only used for alts to catch up to current content Enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    No?

"Play the game and get rewarded" If you are behind the content, then you catch up. There is no time limit on the rewards except that some loot might be behind the current item level tier because one joins in later and has to catch up.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Once again flying will only be unlocked
    How can you be tricked when they always say what is going to happen, and it always happens that way?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will flying be account wide unlocked though? I seemed to have missed that.