Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

Flying tricked AGAIN

Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    No one was tricked and no one is surprised. Un-clench the pearls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank the 'No flying' crowd. I cant imagine Blizzard ever going back to Flying in from the start. Why you thought this was ever going to be the case is one of the mysteries of the universe. Blizzard didn't trick you, you did that to yourself.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

You're not getting flying at the start, because that trivialises questing and world pvp.

We've known for awhile now the Maw would never have flying, and Korthia isn't a new zone. It's an addition to the Maw.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

not gonna happen,they clearly want you to experience the zones on the ground,be glad its atleast coming this soon,and korthia is tehnicaly in the maw

. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    Sounds like terrible game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    It won't. And this is the most unsurprising thing ever. If I were you, I'd find another game to play. If you were tricked, I don't know what to think. This has been clear from the start.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

No, flying should be removed.

Blizzard only make things worse via doing it. They want to squeeze game time out of players, but many players prefer to wait for flying to be unlocked instead. There is simple rule here: it's still better to have "bad" players, than no players at all. And yeah. Existence of "no flying forever" zone right from release suggests, that flying should also be available immediately. Because waiting for flying for a year to have it in completely obsoleted content isn't good compromise. Having both flying and no flying locations at the same time - is. And we had such locations in the past. Wintergrasp, Tol Barad, etc. It was perfect design and the most popular Wow xpack ever made. That's, why I call Blizzard stubborn. They just can't admit, that they're wrong.

New content, that is also no flying forever, reminds me about MOP. And MOP was that kind of xpack, when I personally was unsubbed most of the time.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It won't. And this is the most unsurprising thing ever. If I were you, I'd find another game to play. If you were tricked, I don't know what to think. This has been clear from the start.
    judging by his previous posts hating on wow/blizz is only thing keeping him alive...

as to no-fly in new zone or partzone or whatever krthia is, yeah, thats not really surprising at all...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Eh, they haven't really been consistent with patch zones having flying or not. Broken Shore, Nazjatar, and Mechagon were patch zones with flying, while Argus didn't have it, so it isn't really crazy to have hoped for the former rather than the latter. I'm very disappointed they didn't go that route, but I'll still have use for flying since I am waiting to do all the rep grinds, pet/toy/mount collecting, and random achievements with flying, since I personally find ground travel in Shadowlands unbearable with no flight whistle or anything at all to make it suck less. I pretty much only leave my base to do instances and the weekly souls quest, I guess that's what Blizz wants me to do if I hate their crappy ground travel.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about. Game basically just came out. Lots of people are still even leveling, some didn´t even level their alts yet... It is pretty fair.

Plus no, you do not need flying from start, nor should have it.

Hmmm, I don't know what would be most peculiar: You being subscribed and writing the posts you write or you not being subscribed and writing the posts you write.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    What are you talking about. Game basically just came out. Lots of people are still even leveling, some didn´t even level their alts yet... It is pretty fair.

Plus no, you do not need flying from start, nor should have it.
    Define need, though.

I need it to have fun in the world, and games should be fun. I can technically play the game without it, but I don't have fun that way, so it doesn't really fufill the purpose of a game then.

Since I like instanced content, I make it work by skipping almost all world content until flying is added, but it has severely diminished my enjoyment of the game compared to earlier expacs with flying at launch, and if I ever quit raiding, I'll have no reason to stick around.

Flying from the start is stupid and your ideas are bad.

I trust Blizzard more on what's good for the game than random whiny forum user with anime avatar. Lolz

Why must it have it from the start? I like not having flying in new content, it forces me to really learn the layout of the map and I tend to discover lots of cool secrets along the way. The argument that I can use a ground mount while flying is available is nonsensical; Obviously I appreciate being able to fly and will always use it when it's an option, i'm not going to hamper myself for no reason.

Earning flying is a great middle ground for me, I would enjoy the game less if flying was available from the start.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-02-20 at 08:04 AM.

Flying is convenient but makes the world feel empty its already pretty empty due to sharding flying makes it worse.

You tricked yourself buddy

You're going to be disappointed for sure. They said a few xpacs ago that this was the model they would use going forward. No flying at start, some type of unlock for "conquered" content in the current xpac.

Whatever 10.0 ends up being you can bet it's going to be no-flying at launch. At least this xpac it's just renown level, no rep requirements. You just have to do your covenant campaign quests which is very minimal effort.