Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Am I the only one who doesn't give one DAMN about cosmetics

There are good cosmetics, like long hard grinds, or hidden behind hard content. Things like the MoP challenge mode gear,
    But right now, like 90% of the cosmetic is hidden behind useless, time-gated garbage.

I really do not care about cosmetics that much, yet the world is full with them.
    Look at WQs and world content. Why would I do them? What can I gain out of them? Nothing, they do not make my character powerful.

Cosmetics are great when they test your skill, not like this crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Can only agree. Or at least both of it. Cosmetic crap for everyone and cosmetic crap for skill. Min maxing is almost no fun atm

Considering how many people are unhappy with Legion raids not being soloable, and how many people spend time farming old mounts etc., there's definitely a lot of people who care. Of course, that's not everyone. Just like not everyone is doing other forms of content. How is that a surprise?

yes,you are LITERALY the only person that doesnt care about cosmetics,i mean just look at FF mmo...that game's sole purpose is to dress your bunny girl in cute clothes (✿◠‿◠)

you may not give a damn about cosmetics. But who can resist flying on that hillariously ugly foxdragon?^^

That is more of an abomination than any other creature ingame lol
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

only one? no
    in VERY small minority? yes

15+ Year Old Account
    I just can't help being shocked how much people appreciate collecting their 359th mount while they still can only use 1 at once. And they still WANT more mounts. It's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I just can't help being shocked how much people appreciate collecting their 359th mount while they still can only use 1 at once. And they still WANT more mounts. It's just stupid.
    You sound like someone who never enjoyed collecting anything in their life...which is pretty sad in its own right. People collect figurines and stickers. Can't do anything with those at all. Mounts at least you can ride from time to time. That's much more usability than many collectible things in the world.

Just cause you can't appreciate it, doesn't mean it's stupid.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yes,you are LITERALY the only person that doesnt care about cosmetics,i mean just look at FF mmo...that game's sole purpose is to dress your bunny girl in cute clothes (✿◠‿◠)
    Yet the professions have better storylines for them than WoW. Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Hey if it keeps people playing it's all good.

I don't care about mounts but elite pvp transmogs usually look pretty cool so I try to collect those

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yet the professions have better storylines for them than WoW. Go figure
    I keep telling myself i need to try that game...is it more sandboxy than wow?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    There are good cosmetics, like long hard grinds, or hidden behind hard content. Things like the MoP challenge mode gear,
    But right now, like 90% of the cosmetic is hidden behind useless, time-gated garbage.

I really do not care about cosmetics that much, yet the world is full with them.
    Look at WQs and world content. Why would I do them? What can I gain out of them? Nothing, they do not make my character powerful.

No, you are not the only one OP. Fully agree. This game's emphasize is way too much on cosmetics, as that is what the majority of the audience wants (as most of the people that don't care about this stuff got chased away from the game over the years). Why add a new character progression path to the game if you can add new pets, mounts and transmogs instead, right? It's much easier.

I think that the transmog system was one of the worst (even if a very popular) additions to the game, at least before it to have your character look good you had to tackle hard content. Now your level 1 slaying boars in Valley of Trials can look like a slayer of Lich King, Deathwing or the Burning Legion, why even bother leveling him if he's already such a badass?

Why be more powerful when you can just get better at the game? Cosmetics 4 lyfe!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I keep telling myself i need to try that game...is it more sandboxy than wow?
    No, not really. It's a theme park MMO. It has weaker PvP and less raid bosses per tier, but much better story, music, animation and professions. Also a very transparent and communicative dev team.

Depending on what you are looking for in a game, it might be a terrible idea or it might be the best choice you have ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    you may not give a damn about cosmetics. But who can resist flying on that hillariously ugly foxdragon?^^

That is more of an abomination than any other creature ingame lol
    I was thinking the Chinese golden bull was the worst mount ever but the fox dragon is even worst . The art team of wow become more and more lazy and uninspired .

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

You certainly care enough to come here and throw a tantrum.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Agree! Typing my bank card info from head sure qualifies as skill, right? I want that sloth pet so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    I was thinking the Chinese golden bull was the worst mount ever but the fox dragon is even worst . The art team of wow become more and more lazy and uninspired .
    I think the problem is that they focused on the wrong things long time ago. Instead of a few things that work and may be customizable like changing colors or adding armor to your mount etc. they gave us as much crap as possible hoping that somewhere in the pile of 6000 things there is something you like.
    I can understand how things like the fox dragon are made when you are forced to pull out cosmetic number 50 that is restricted even more by having to fit the expansions theme somehow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imo, good cosmetics = allied races, race options, tmog for the sake of tmog

Nothingness cosmetics = mounts, toys, pets

The first point is immeasurable, like the art team. The second point is like a measured factory of products that Blizzard uses to farm currency out of the players.