Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    to be fair you're not even sure to really keep it, because blizzard can randomly modify the look of said cosmetics, for instance they removed the glow from the amani bear, changed the model from the tcg strider mount, models of some pets, things like that, while chances are low, that one thing you care about and worked on can be "lost", it's just one big scam to me really, but it's ok if people disagree with me
    Aye, they can modify them, true. But they are mostly the only things you keep after an expansion is over. Xmog, titles, mounts, achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Aye, they can modify them, true. But they are mostly the only things you keep after an expansion is over. Xmog, titles, mounts, achievements.
    yeah from a realistic point of view you keep them and 95% of the stuff is and will probably stay unchanged forever

Cosmetics are the only thing with any semblance of permanence and one of the very few ways to expres yourself in the game, so it's hardly surprising that for many people it's desireable. Obviously that is not true for everyone, but a very large chunk it definitely is.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Imo, good cosmetics = allied races, race options, tmog for the sake of tmog

Nothingness cosmetics = mounts, toys, pets

The first point is immeasurable, like the art team. The second point is like a measured factory of products that Blizzard uses to farm currency out of the players.
    The main reason I skipped Vanilla:

What do you mean I don't have access to my 1300 pets?

Furthermore, pets aren't a cosmetic. They actually do things in the game.

How surprising to learn that many of the perpetually pessemistic people on here, are unable to find joy in something as simple but inherent to MMORPGs as cosmetics.

No, you are obviously not the only one who doesn't care, but in that same vein a whole fuckton would disagree with you.

This is an RPG and cosmetics help build a theme for your character. So yeah it's weird that you play an RPG and dont care about cosmetics

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about cosmetics, I play on max distance and don't even see what races, classes, genders, gear is around me.
    All I care about is boom! Loot pixelz! Booom! more ilvl!

10+ Year Old Account
    For this expansion:

I "care" about them in that if they look cool I'm interested.

I don't "care" about them this time around because - in the state of things as they are - I'm not spending that much time to farm that much anima for them. I am assuming though, that anima will become easier to come by as the expansion continues.

For past expansions:
    They were a nice reward for some activities I enjoyed - CMs and the like. For this expansion they are not tied to an activity I'm enjoying much.

--

TLDR: If I'm into the activity tied to them, then yes I "care."

I care about cosmetics but not remotely enough to grind 3000 anima for the covenant renown bracer transmog. Or to kill something 100 times to get a 1% drop.

Cosmetic is the only true end game of wow.

If one doesn't care about cosmetics, he plays the game wrong, or he plays the wrong game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    100% agree, Cosmetics are meant to be a sign of doing something impressive. You see someone with a Gladiator mount (although less impressive that it used to be), or transmogs from the mage tower, or challenge mode gear from MoP (God I wish I had bothered to get this...)

But Cosmetics that everyone gets basically just for being subbed, or ones that cost £15? Eh.
    Nope they are not. Cosmetics have a worth beyond the nature of their acquisition - their looks. If you only use a mount/transmog/pet because it's "rare" and you think it's gonna make other people fall down their knees for you - that's just sad. And I'm gonna tell you no one cares for any pixels but their own. It's like only eating terrible but expensive food or wearing ugly but pricey clothes in real life which you don't even enjoy, but you do it because you think it makes you something better.

And to go back to the OP, yes you are one of the few who don't care for cosmetics. No clue why the game can still hook you tbh, but you do you. I'm happy about the new mounts/pets, and I'm glad they aren't all locked behind 0,0001 or mythic drops. Bad enough they use M+ now to add another FOMO mount each season.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Nope they are not. Cosmetics have a worth beyond the nature of their acquisition - their looks. If you only use a mount/transmog/pet because it's "rare" and you think it's gonna make other people fall down their knees for you - that's just sad. And I'm gonna tell you no one cares for any pixels but their own. It's like only eating terrible but expensive food or wearing ugly but pricey clothes in real life which you don't even enjoy, but you do it because you think it makes you something better.

And to go back to the OP, yes you are one of the few who don't care for cosmetics. No clue why the game can still hook you tbh, but you do you. I'm happy about the new mounts/pets, and I'm glad they aren't all locked behind 0,0001 or mythic drops. Bad enough they use M+ now to add another FOMO mount each season.
    I'm not sure where you got this "fall down on there knees" part. Are you just exagerating my comment to make it look silly?

To say the way in which you obtain something has no effect on how good it looks is just silly, there's a reason why easily obtainable yet awesome looking mounts are rarely used beyond 1-2 days and that's because when you see EVERYONE on them they lose there value. Look at the deathwing mount it looks awesome, people were going nutty when they saw it out they even resubbed just to get it. I don't think I've seen even one person on that mount. And it's not just about what others see, when I hop on the my Kor'Kron Juggernaut that I got when the content was current it holds value to ME, cosemetics for me are a sign of my personal achievements and efforts, I hold zero interest or value in one I bought from the shop or just got given for logging in.

If I see a mount I see everyone and his mother on, I don't even register it if I see someone on a mount I've almost never seen it catches my eye. To flip your anaolgy on it's head to me the terrible but expensive food or clothes are the shop bought or easily obtainable mounts the ones that make people think they look cool but in reality all they did was throw money at it, while the one you worked for maybe it's not as pretty but it's more unique and holds more value to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Locking all the good ones behind difficult content? Pass. I'd rather grind tbh, as long as the grind isn't noticeably egregious.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    There are good cosmetics, like long hard grinds, or hidden behind hard content. Things like the MoP challenge mode gear,
    But right now, like 90% of the cosmetic is hidden behind useless, time-gated garbage.

I really do not care about cosmetics that much, yet the world is full with them.
    Look at WQs and world content. Why would I do them? What can I gain out of them? Nothing, they do not make my character powerful.

Cosmetics are great when they test your skill, not like this crap.
    Me, I could not care less about cosmetics. There haven't been any sets since Legion anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I just can't help being shocked how much people appreciate collecting their 359th mount while they still can only use 1 at once. And they still WANT more mounts. It's just stupid.
    yeah same here, we all have hundreds of mount, pets and transmog stuff and blizzard think it will make us happy to have one more

i think its time they check that and ask themself if they should give better reward

i dunno, think like specific permanent buff couls be great, like+5% dmg if you are exalted, or +5% main stat etc... it will be a better goal to obtain than having +1 mount/pet...

Depends on the cosmetic.

There are plenty of SL mounts and pets i do like to collect.

But most toys and convenant Tmogs in SL i couldn't care less.

My main is a mechagnome - Blizzard has effectively removed xmog as a hobby from me.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about any of the cosmetic covenant gear save for a single back piece, I do have an interest in the mounts mainly for the purposes of increasing my mount count though. the amount of covenant cosmetic gear seems like serious overkill considering the number of barely different variations and costs.

I like collecting shit, but I'm not engaging with this clusterfuck of an "endgame" system in order to do so.

25,000 anima for a slightly different coloured outfit? Stick it up your arse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I just can't help being shocked how much people appreciate collecting their 359th mount while they still can only use 1 at once. And they still WANT more mounts. It's just stupid.
    Well I personally don't care about those 359 if the 360th fits my character well/better, I personally choose a specific ground and flying mount for each of my characters