Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I love that they keep adding cosmetics. I wish they would add more. Give me 10 different recolors of every set and mount, more is better. If I have more options I can pick just the one I want for how I'm feeling at the time.

I've never been one to care about how rare a thing is, only thing that I care about is how it looks. Sure everyone and their brother has the ardenweald frog, but it looks cool so I use it. I have the mythic Blackhand mount, very rare, I never touch it because its a big ugly clefthoof. Same thing with xmogs. No way am I paying the ridiculous BMAH prices for tier 3, but I kill bubbleblood every time I see him for a chance at that damn backpack.

I care about them and aren’t angry about the development time on things I don’t use - the cats been out of the bag on cosmetics for many a year and won’t ever change - some of us like playing dress up with our dolls!

Why is it skin off your ass if someone else cares about looking cool? It doesn't prevent you from using un-altered BiS pieces.

Cosmetics and collecting is very boring ye.
    That's why I always get bored of retail WoW. Ultimately it's the only reward for solo play and only thing that lasts.

Power progression and getting better actually feel useful. Collections are a waste of money and time irl so they feel a waste of time in games.

I'd rather more cosmetics were unlocked via skill or progression, a good example of this is the mythic and the elite PvP armour sets. Although, I do think these armour sets have been really lacking lately, and having so many recolours of them makes them less iconic. I really don't think any of the 'tier' sets have looked good since Dazar'alor.

Another good example were the Legion weapon skins, they were a fantastic way to show off achievements through models or colours.

Unlocking 4 different colour schemes for your order hall, yeah it means there's a chance the back pieces might match something you usually wear, but you unlock them all by logging in and doing quest content. There's no exclusivity, there's no push to earn or unlock that fancy appearance. In a game that's missing the absolute customisation of dress that FFXIV has, the prestige associated with clothing matters more I think.

I think it depends what kind of cosmetics we are talking about :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I stopped caring when I realize blizzard just plays carrot and stick on people's ocd to collect stuff
    not falling into that trap anymore
    all they do is burn out players long term, that's quite silly actually from a financial point of view
    I'm pretty sure every activity one does is playing carrot and stick. You want something, you need to do what is required to earn it. Want food? Need money. Want to win football, need to be good. It really amazes me that people have become so jaded that they perform mental gymnastics to turn "want the reward go earn it" into a bad thing.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Never cared about mogs, pets and toys.

Also mounts, apart from Pandaria’s serpents, but I won’t ever take the ones I’m missing, too much useless grind and the 0,something % mounts like Sha of Anger are sad mechanics beyond imagination.

I keep telling myself i need to try that game...is it more sandboxy than wow?

You're never the only one. Just the minority, I guess.
    Personally, I tend to not make friends out of ppl who don't like cosmetics because they're not interested in the same stuff as I am. I mean sure, doing dungeons and raids is important, but I want to diversify that aspect by doing raid and dungeon achis, farming stuff, collecting pets and mounts and some of these require or are better with friends. Ppl who arent into cosmetics will never come to a glory achi run for example.

Besides, power is transitory, cosmetics are the only ones that remain. I used to have 6.x k gs in Wrath and was neigh immortal. I also got Undying title back then. One of those still has value to me to this day, the other has long ceased to matter.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2021-02-22 at 04:53 PM.

Here's an idea...

If you don't want cosmetics, don't do the content that gives them as the main reward.

I know this is a hard thing to comprehend, but I believe in yyou.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have trouble fathoming playing this game for the power fantasy. It gets reset every patch. Not every expac, every patch. Expacs of course bring a huge reset, so I'm not trying to exclude those, but... I stopped giving much of a shit about my "power level" ages ago, because all the time and effort I spend showing up for guild raids, learning mechanics, "getting gud" etc. is invalidated by the next patch's "kill 10 murlocs" quest.

The ONLY things in this game that are permanent additions to your character (or account) are cosmetics. That's it. Your power is transient at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I have trouble fathoming playing this game for the power fantasy. It gets reset every patch. Not every expac, every patch. Expacs of course bring a huge reset, so I'm not trying to exclude those, but... I stopped giving much of a shit about my "power level" ages ago, because all the time and effort I spend showing up for guild raids, learning mechanics, "getting gud" etc. is invalidated by the next patch's "kill 10 murlocs" quest.

The ONLY things in this game that are permanent additions to your character (or account) are cosmetics. That's it. Your power is transient at best.
    I'd have to agree with this. I still enjoy the power increase to help us progress further past brick walls in raid (ex: just getting in a bit more ilvl really helped us past Kael'thas' dps check), but really I do find group progress to be the most satisfaction I get from the game - getting a new raid boss down or getting to a higher M+ level with the guild, though I get those things would feel strongly random and less rewarding in a pug environment.

In terms of cosmetics, I'd have to agree with the OP that I have kinda stopped caring about mounts at this point, but I'm hoping that new features such as the wings/bags will keep being developped into more varied cosmetic rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your not alone but I don't share your disdain for looking nice. I'm glad we got cosmetics and i don't mind if the awards we get are cosmetics. I rather not look like Edward the odd.

I'm not big into cosmetics myself but I do appreciate the amount of thought and creativity some people put into their mogs. It gave Asmongold his own show that usually brings a lot of viewers and he gets to overreact for entertainment. Blizzards own idea of using something like that fashion show in Magister's Terrace completely missed the mark.

I like that one of the achievements you used to get before transmog was a thing, was that your character started to look cooler the more you were geared. Not only you got stronger but also your look improved and people used to react like ''oh wow that guy is jacked'' by just looking at your character.

3+ Year Old Account
    Very small minority.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    Cosmetics and collecting is very boring ye.
    That's why I always get bored of retail WoW. Ultimately it's the only reward for solo play and only thing that lasts.

Power progression and getting better actually feel useful. Collections are a waste of money and time irl so they feel a waste of time in games.
    So you don't get bored of older versions? If i remember correctly there was literally nothing to do in classic/tbc beside pvp and raiding once a week after you were done with reputations. Then wotlk introduced achievement and after u were done with the 10k achivs ther was nothing left to do but to afk in og/sw. You don't have to care about cosmetics but that was just an addition to the game, it didnt replace anything that was before

I just csnt be arsed to care about another mount or pet unless it comes from a challenge or something. I don't care about mount x from reputation grind.

Im ok with transmogs and whatever, but it is goofy when a crappy weapon drops with no stats short of "cosmetic". Come on, atleast make it a shitty green with crap stats, this is supposed to be Warcraft, not Barbie Dress Up.
    Last edited by Baroclinic; 2021-02-22 at 06:16 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I take joy in not mogging any of my gear.
    If the game has determined I will look like a clown (and I have since vanilla), then who am I to say otherwise?
    I'm gonna clown this shit up.
    It's not as bad as BC, ofc, but it's still rather entertaining.

Plus, in bear form, where most of my time is spent, gear design is irrelevant, so there's that, too.