Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't care one bit about cosmetics and transmog.
    But transmog and other cosmetics is by far the most efficient way for Blizzard to make money. So I am all for it, because it makes all the ones that like to dress up dolls or play Hello Kitty pay for my raids and M+

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    There are good cosmetics, like long hard grinds, or hidden behind hard content. Things like the MoP challenge mode gear,
    But right now, like 90% of the cosmetic is hidden behind useless, time-gated garbage.

I really do not care about cosmetics that much, yet the world is full with them.
    Look at WQs and world content. Why would I do them? What can I gain out of them? Nothing, they do not make my character powerful.

Cosmetics are great when they test your skill, not like this crap.
    I never understood why they didnt continue or atleast build upon the challenge mode. Just a quick idea:

Now we have m+. With it, they could add cosmetic sets, weapons(tmog purpose), mounts and whatnot. It could be fleshed out awesome looking gear, or it could be some fancy dresses or whatever. Maybe a tabard that gave you a special logo in front for completing whatever m+ keys that season.

I dont understand why they dont have ladders in the m+ scene either. A system were you can see the top run times etc, what grp was quickest and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    There are good cosmetics, like long hard grinds, or hidden behind hard content. Things like the MoP challenge mode gear,
    But right now, like 90% of the cosmetic is hidden behind useless, time-gated garbage.

I really do not care about cosmetics that much, yet the world is full with them.
    Look at WQs and world content. Why would I do them? What can I gain out of them? Nothing, they do not make my character powerful.

Cosmetics are great when they test your skill, not like this crap.
    You are not.

I play the game for the gameplay. The M+, the raids, the Mage Towers, etc.

I couldn't care less about transmogs, cosmetics, char customization, wings, pets, mounts, etc. But i respect those who do. Blizzard has a mammoth job in trying to please people everyone, who likes (or dislikes) every aspect of their game. And some of those can be very, very loud, in regards to their displeasure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I dont understand why they dont have ladders in the m+ scene either. A system were you can see the top run times etc, what grp was quickest and so on.
    Why waste resources like that when there's raider.io for exactly that purpose. It's good, it's free, takes no resources... That said, there were challenge mode leaderboards per realm back in Pandaria. Nowhere near as detailed as r.io, but it was fun at the time. They were removed eventually, but here is the announcement post ( https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...e-leaderboards )
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-02-22 at 11:47 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I would really love are the outfits and heels the vamps wear.
    there are some amazing new clothes the NPC's are wearing.

I care more about cosmetics than gear.

You will replace all your gear next patch (each and every time if you do up to date content/pvp/raids).

Good transmogs, looks and mounts never become outdated. Not only that- most of them are account bound. You can use them on multiple characters!

Cosmetics in roleplaying games are a staple. GW2 funds a whole game with no sub off mostly cosmetics. Some people even call the game "Fashion Wars 2."

To me, I don't mind if a game appeals to many different people. It keeps the game well funded and I want the games I like to be well funded. It's super easy to just avoid the stuff you don't like. I like mounts but I won't farm a rare mount (like Timeless Drake). I sort of like pets but I wouldn't farm them, buy them or do the pet battles.

It's really easy to avoid doing the stuff that doesn't appeal to you.

People complaining that some of use like to play "dress-up simulator" When they themselves just play "Excel spreadsheet" simulator.

I don't care about cosmetics. Cause they're cosmetics...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    People complaining that some of use like to play "dress-up simulator" When they themselves just play "Excel spreadsheet" simulator.
    Players who don't care about cosmetics should have their wow account deleted and permanently banned from any RPG game.

Ya no one really believes this. Why a vast amount of games make a lot of money off cosmetics. I know of many mmorpgs that do this, but even for games not of that genre. Fortnite made 2.8billion off cosmetics alone.

There is no way Blizzard entertainment is unaware of these numbers and I am tired of making excuses for them.

I want my nice dresses, in all different type of designs. Updated 2021 ones. (dainty, sleek ones too) Some of the armors they pull off for the NPCs this expansion are pretty nice for the men. I don't see how NPCs can get this stuff like cloaks from the dragonflight girls and the whole Maw/Torghast aesthetic that surprisingly I don't even mind myself.

"WoW was never this" I think you should go check out Vanilla and TBC armors. A long with the apparel I ask for frequently. Which was not a commodity at one point and time. It was this and foundations are built on it.

Armors aside, even weapons:
    Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood
    Corrupted Ashbringer
    Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the only one for sure, but cosmetics are a huge part of the game. I used to think that it's okay to sell cosmetics at the store, but not anymore. Not when it comes to a game with monthly subscription, anyway. How your character looks is a large part of the enjoyment in the game. Transmogrification is proof of this, and it directly made cosmetics part of the gameplay experience, even though it doesn't grant any stats or other advantages of any kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

All the good cosmetics got removed from the game for short time sub gains.

MoP CM sets still the best looking cosmetics for most classes regardless of the exclusivity, thus why I never farm mogs on my Druid because all the rest look garbage in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I used to think that it's okay to sell cosmetics at the store, but not anymore.
    A lot of games do this and why they have generated so much money taking this route. Still at the point we are currently at in World of Warcraft, we have little to no armor/weapons to begin with to even obtain through time played metrics, which also leads to longer active subscriptions. Oh and leisure activities were cut too.

This game and business truly makes me believe they no longer care about bringing in money. Which makes no sense to me as a business. (I have no idea what it even is anymore..) We are content with spending little and give almost nothing. Will still generate profit.. With the customerbase dwindling in the process and the audacity to act like it's for any other reason. People are playing somewhere else and bringing their money there. How much harder is it to regain a lost customer? These are all things that this 30 year old "business" should be very much aware of.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-02-23 at 01:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate them, or like them either
    Not to mention they are really out of way to care about them in first place, if u don't want them what exactly is forcing u to farm them?
    Or u do give a damn, but don't like how long it is to get some of them?
    If u want a skill-based cosmetic, i can name Twisting Corridor if u up for challenge?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I like cosmetics, but only the ones i'm interested in.

I don't collect nor will i do insane grinds that will burn me out.
    But, if i'm honest, nothing in SL has me interested.
    Maybe the red ghostly horse. I should get that at some point.

I definitely care about transmog, but beyond that none of the others matter to me enough to be considered important. As long as I have one or two mounts that are cool and go well with my appearance, mount collecting has never been something I went out of my way to do, and I could not care less about pets or toys.

I doubt there is one single player who enjoys every single little aspect of WoW. but there is also no aspect that is universally disliked either
    if you don't care about cosmetics, don't pursue them. that saves a lot of farming and you can spend that time on what you do like
    the great thing about the cosmetics is that they are purely cosmetic and so there is absolutely no need or pressure to get them if they don't interest you
    people who don't like pvp/raiding/mythic+/etc can try to avoid it as much as possible but will probably feel like they have to dabble now and then to get some gear piece or something. but the cosmetics? 100% optional. don't like, don't do

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I just can't help being shocked how much people appreciate collecting their 359th mount while they still can only use 1 at once. And they still WANT more mounts. It's just stupid.
    I'm guessing you have only 1 kind of shirt and pants and just wear the same thing every day then? :P

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    So you don't get bored of older versions? If i remember correctly there was literally nothing to do in classic/tbc beside pvp and raiding once a week after you were done with reputations. Then wotlk introduced achievement and after u were done with the 10k achivs ther was nothing left to do but to afk in og/sw. You don't have to care about cosmetics but that was just an addition to the game, it didnt replace anything that was before
    I did lots of levelling back then and few dailies now and then. Even during MoP levelling still felt fine. They've practically removed the gold reward from levelling and dailies, so all that's left is cosmetics.

I get how tranmog is offputting for some new players, since its a time gated thing in this game without resets, there is no fast catch up for new players and blizzard liked the idea with vanity mog in the past.

Even this casual MMO requires some grind mechanics to work. There is still "competing" in the metrics left in the game, pvp, m+, raid achievements, what ever you like. Blizzard made sure, there is things to do for new players, who don't give a DAMN about cosmetics, because its timegated and full with vanity items anyways.
    -

Nobody cares that you don't care. What a pointless post.