Wireless Headphones and Sound Cards

I have always used wired head phones, but an issue i kept running into was my chair rolling over the cable. I tried various ways to solve this issue to no avail.

For the holidays this year, i was given a very nice set of wireless headphones. Im excited to try them out but my question is, how will this work with the sound card in my PC?

The headphones connect via USB and the sound card has no port for that, so will i not be making use of my sound card with i use the headphones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just plug in the usb or use bluetooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    so will i not be making use of my sound card with i use the headphones?
    Correct. USB RF/BT headphones either use their own accelerator or windows built in software.

If you want highest fidelity, you pretty much need a cable... But unless you're either A) A professional, or B) An audiophile, then it really won't make a big difference.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I guess that answers that then. Which leads into a follow-up question. The head phones didnt come with their own program to install, and i feel the base is too high is there a way to fix this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I use EqualizerAPO for tuning a headset that had its mids and highs too high. Basically install it, reboot, set the device you want it to use, and change the settings. It comes with some presets you may or may not want to use.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Apolyc, if you're looking for some headphones that should have noise-cancelling option, I would recommend Sony WH-1000XM4, for sure. I'm using it right now, and they are awesome. They cause no discomfort after long period of using, and that's why I love them. You can find them on this headphones that don't leak sound article, where they compared them with some other models.
    Last edited by stanley13s; 2021-01-08 at 03:23 AM.

Many modern-day computers include Bluetooth receiver modules, especially laptops. If your computer doesn't, you can either install one internally in an open slot or connect a Bluetooth receiver to the line-in jack (or mic input) with a 3.5 mm phono cord (typical connection for wired headphones). Either way, you must have Bluetooth to connect to.

Another option is to buy headphones that come with a proprietary receiver. They would work just like an external Bluetooth receiver but will typically have a listening range several times further than what is capable with Bluetooth technology.

Lastly (and usually the most expensive option are headphones that connect via wifi. I have no experience with them but have heard they work well assuming you have good wifi coverage in your home.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2021-03-06 at 04:58 PM.