Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    They went quite literal with it being a selling point of the expansion

  2. #122
    Dreadlord Pakheth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The cold hell known as Norway
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    No one cares about them because a lot of people didn't understand why they haven't been customization options instead. There may have been some interest in nightborne if they had given us the actual nightborne models though.
    Exactly. What we got doesn't look like the Nightborne at all. I want to play the NPC model not whatever the monstrosity the player models are.

  3. #123
    What a spectacular backfire this was!

  4. #124
    Can we just talk about the "new" male Human hairstyle with a ponytail in the middle of nowhere again? Lol

    It says everything about how mutch they care



    Last edited by Rootsbum; 2021-02-25 at 01:42 AM.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Can we just talk about the "new" male Human hairstyle with a ponytail in the middle of nowhere again? Lol

    It says everything about how mutch they care



    Man, it's the hair. The hair has a ponytail.
    they care so much about the styles they even put effort to put style on the style
    why don't you see it?

    /s

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    What a spectacular backfire this was!
    What backfired and on who?

    This is one main area I see Blizzard slipping behind much of the competition, and on paper, its an "easy" win for them. More customization really is a win/win as far as i can see it. No, i dont want the sliders other mmos and games have where you end up with comical and idiotic looking players running everywhere, and yes, they need to work within the limitations presented by having so many different gear slots and styles, totally understand that.

    But more unique and different hairstyles and faces, beards, sub-races like wildhammer etc - I just dont see a negative at all outside of the dev time to produce them - which, shock horror, is how the game industry works - obviously nothing is free, but for the life of me I cant see a downside for Blizzard here.

    Since im confident most if not all of you are major game devs, can anyone with experience in this realm provide some input on how much dev time would be required to put together a new hairstyle?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-02-25 at 02:00 AM.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Can we just talk about the "new" male Human hairstyle with a ponytail in the middle of nowhere again? Lol

    It says everything about how mutch they care



    I'm gonna be fair on them here.

    This hairstyle is from WoD. WoD included some pretty horrible hairstyles that never made it in back then that they made available in Shadowlands.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    They went quite literal with it being a selling point of the expansion
    It's still on the Shadowlands expansion features page, too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Apparently an update of sorts on this topic.



    I would laugh if it weren't so tragic.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's still on the Shadowlands expansion features page, too.
    XD I mean, it was literally just to sell the expansion; now that's pretty much out, they really see no reason why to spend resources.

    better hype more customization as a 10.x selling feature lol

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    XD I mean, it was literally just to sell the expansion; now that's pretty much out, they really see no reason why to spend resources.

    better hype more customization as a 10.x selling feature lol
    It's like adding the 7.3.5. allied races and then Mag'har and Dark Irons with BfA launch and then stating during 8.1 previews: "Yeah, we're done adding allied races for the rest of the expansion. Maybe in 9.0."

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Apparently an update of sorts on this topic.



    I would laugh if it weren't so tragic.
    Sometimes I wonder if Ion tries to one-up himself each expansion by doing at least one awful thing that induces outrage for a majority of players. I've tried to be fair with the guy, but every time I give him the benefit of the doubt he strikes again.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if Ion tries to one-up himself each expansion by doing at least one awful thing that induces outrage for a majority of players. I've tried to be fair with the guy, but every time I give him the benefit of the doubt he strikes again.
    Honestly, I can give Ion shit here, and I do think it's a dumb statement.

    But he's probably just trying to crawl out of the mess created by his co-workers. Sure, his answer wouldn't have changed in essence, but he likely would've wrapped it up in lawyerisms. The fact that his co-workers were so frank about it meant that he was put on the spot.

    That's what I assume, at least.

  12. #132
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    11,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I would laugh if it weren't so tragic.
    he basically said since we are not getting new customizations to our characters everything is good cause transmogs?

    Blizzard man

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    he basically said since we are not getting new customizations to our characters everything is good cause transmogs?

    Blizzard man
    "We are cutting this expansion one patch in. But don't worry, we have transmogs in this content update to make it up to you."
    "Don't you always give us new transmog with content patches, anyway?"
    "Yes, but this one is reused."
    "??"
    "Well bye!"

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    he basically said since we are not getting new customizations to our characters everything is good cause transmogs?

    Blizzard man
    Transmog is totally not a replacement for customization. Not only that, but the new Covenant sets are really lackluster. Did they really think more of the controversial Covenant system was the answer to requests for customization? So out of touch with their playerbase. They have become corporate masters in their ivory towers who only listen to the echo chamber of sycophantic employees jostling to kiss the most behind.

    Where is the passion? Where is the drive?

  15. #135


    Showcase of user-made fully implemented ports of existing assets from other races to nightborne male. This is like the lowest hanging fruit imaginable, but nope, waiting any less than 2 years to maybe see something like this is too much to ask for a market leader who claimed it would be an ongoing focus.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post


    Showcase of user-made fully implemented ports of existing assets from other races to nightborne male. This is like the lowest hanging fruit imaginable, but nope, waiting any less than 2 years to maybe see something like this is too much to ask for a market leader who claimed it would be an ongoing focus.
    My god. It's painful that a random person managed to implement that much.

    Even the glowy hands.

  17. #137
    The Patient The Banshee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Playing in Traffic
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    My god. It's painful that a random person managed to implement that much.

    Even the glowy hands.
    And I bet it didn't take up much time either.
    Team Dark Ranger Customization

    Plague Deviser Marileth is love. Plague Deviser Marileth is life.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ack_on_player/

  18. #138
    Blizzard doesn't listen. It's really odd, they could earn a lot of money by listening a bit, yet they don't. Don't you guys wanna make money?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •