Alliance [Enh] What am I doing wrong?

Hi!

I've been Enhance for years, but for this expansion I'm falling way behind in DPS. Can anyone help me find out what I'm doing wrong?

I tried to post my profile and whatnot, but it's not letting me.
    US Deathwing Coril <Inertia>

I know my mastery is skewed too far compared to haste, but that shouldn't make as much difference as it is currently... should it?

Any help would be appreciated, I feel like I'm letting my raid group down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just took a quick look at one of your guild's logs... it seems like you may be able to utilize your Doom Winds time a little better, which is a big DPS bump since it is a super strong legendary. Your opener with Doom Winds will want to look something like Flame Shock -> Wolves -> Vesper (I think here, I am Venthyr so idk really) -> Ascendance -> Windstrike -> Windfury Totem -> Windstrike -> Crash -> Sunder -> Rotation prioritizing dumping Maelstrom then prioritizing your abilities that utilize your mainhand (Windstrike, Sunder, Crash). That way you really get as much value out of that Doom Winds buff as well as Ascendance. In the log against Shriekwing I saw there was a good 4 or 5 seconds of Doom Winds wasted, which can really hurt.

Also once you get a bit more gear you'll see a huge difference. I am around the high 210's now and I felt a huge increase with a 226 MH on top of more haste.

Enhance is in a bit of a sad place right now. I really like to play it but the potential is just not there, which is why you see so few in Mythic. Fingers crossed for some adjustments in 9.1 or an earlier tuning patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Raylinn View Post
    I just took a quick look at one of your guild's logs... it seems like you may be able to utilize your Doom Winds time a little better, which is a big DPS bump since it is a super strong legendary. Your opener with Doom Winds will want to look something like Flame Shock -> Wolves -> Vesper (I think here, I am Venthyr so idk really) -> Ascendance -> Windstrike -> Windfury Totem -> Windstrike -> Crash -> Sunder -> Rotation prioritizing dumping Maelstrom then prioritizing your abilities that utilize your mainhand (Windstrike, Sunder, Crash). That way you really get as much value out of that Doom Winds buff as well as Ascendance. In the log against Shriekwing I saw there was a good 4 or 5 seconds of Doom Winds wasted, which can really hurt.

Also once you get a bit more gear you'll see a huge difference. I am around the high 210's now and I felt a huge increase with a 226 MH on top of more haste.

Enhance is in a bit of a sad place right now. I really like to play it but the potential is just not there, which is why you see so few in Mythic. Fingers crossed for some adjustments in 9.1 or an earlier tuning patch.
    Doubling down on this, a ton of our opener uses GCDs, which just wastes Doomwinds. Be in melee range with melee already rolling before dropping WF Totem. If you at least have melee attacking, gcds won't stop melee from Proccing WF.

Same here, i cant really get a decent parse on sludgefist

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...ermoon/butserr

I always have in a fight some hole in my rotation. Waiting to get something of CD. and I spent my MW only at 8 stacks or more. is this an haste issue?

DoomWins rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Butser View Post
    Same here, i cant really get a decent parse on sludgefist

I always have in a fight some hole in my rotation. Waiting to get something of CD. and I spent my MW only at 8 stacks or more. is this an haste issue?
    I checked out your logs and compared them to someone about the same iLvl as you and the biggest difference is your Windfury Totem/DoomWinds rotation.
    [

For example at 131s you drop WF totem and don't press a core DoomWinds rotation ability till 136s

I recommend checking out Tiqqle for his rotation advice.

TLDW: Ascendance > Windstrike > Doom Winds > Sunder Windstrike/Stormstrike > Crash Lightning. This is your priority, if all are on CD than use MW spending Chain Harvest > LB.

Hope that helps. I can't post links cause I created an account just now to reply.

Yea I use windfury to fill my gaps.... Sometimes I just have nothing to press.

If you're pressing it just to press it without lining up your DoomWinds proccing abilities, than it's not worth it. It's better to hold it for a few seconds to line up the windows and maximize up time. Windstrike/Stormstrike, Crash lightning, and Sunder all proc WF for the increased damage.
    WF damage is Enhance's top damage and your parses did 30% less WF damage than the people I compared you to.
    I still can't post links but append this to warcraftlogs . com for more info.
    /reports/compare/9Ma3BNVCLDbJjQ86/qWLtYwFvJ6b1cNDZ#fight=4,17&source=84,Dira%C3%A7&type=casts&comparesearchplayer=84&compare search=2.10.2.28&view=timeline
    /reports/compare/9Ma3BNVCLDbJjQ86/qWLtYwFvJ6b1cNDZ#fight=4,17&source=84,Dira%C3%A7&type=damage-done&comparesearchplayer=84&comparesearch=2.10.2.28

Good advice above and enhancement is more fun to play then in bfa but don't expect to be top 10 dps even if you play to perfection with equally skilled and geared players using other specs.

Heroic castle nathria we not too bad but mythic is a disaster as we really have to worry about surviving with mediocre dps.

I am surprised with all the work that went into the spec this expansion that we weren't made a top 5 dps in the first tier but maybe we will be close to top dogs in another tier.

Resto shaman is in a great place however.

Quote Originally Posted by thisishell90 View Post
    If you're pressing it just to press it without lining up your DoomWinds proccing abilities, than it's not worth it. It's better to hold it for a few seconds to line up the windows and maximize up time. Windstrike/Stormstrike, Crash lightning, and Sunder all proc WF for the increased damage.
    WF damage is Enhance's top damage and your parses did 30% less WF damage than the people I compared you to.
    I still can't post links but append this to warcraftlogs . com for more info.
    /reports/compare/9Ma3BNVCLDbJjQ86/qWLtYwFvJ6b1cNDZ#fight=4,17&source=84,Dira%C3%A7&type=casts&comparesearchplayer=84&compare search=2.10.2.28&view=timeline
    /reports/compare/9Ma3BNVCLDbJjQ86/qWLtYwFvJ6b1cNDZ#fight=4,17&source=84,Dira%C3%A7&type=damage-done&comparesearchplayer=84&comparesearch=2.10.2.28
    Thanks i had a 95% parse on hc huntsman . Worked like a charm to use all the Windfury proc abilities. I used lava lash in my doom winds rotation, i shud try to avoid it (SS > Crash Lightning > Sundering > drop MW stacks, when i cant do these i fill it with a shock or lava lash)

I didn't know sundering was a main hand ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Heroic castle nathria we not too bad but mythic is a disaster as we really have to worry about surviving with mediocre dps.
    So what melee class is doing good in mythic raiding? rogues? unholy DK?

Quote Originally Posted by Butser View Post
    Thanks i had a 95% parse on hc huntsman . Worked like a charm to use all the Windfury proc abilities. I used lava lash in my doom winds rotation, i shud try to avoid it (SS > Crash Lightning > Sundering > drop MW stacks, when i cant do these i fill it with a shock or lava lash)

I didn't know sundering was a main hand ability.

- - - Updated - - -

So what melee class is doing good in mythic raiding? rogues? unholy DK?
    LL isn't useless though, it can procc a SS. If you are in ascendence this has less value, but out of ascendence in Doom windows its invaluable.

isnt having holes with nothing to do part of first tiers? when shit procs to no end from day 1 on there would be no growth from end of expansion tiers